Staggie's v The Lions

37 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

That goal from Stobbs was an absolute beauty. The move for County's goal was a lovely watch as well. Some disgusting hoofball played by both teams, by the looks of it...

That was the only bit of football County played all day. We generally just punted long balls up the park that your defence and midfield just gobbled up.

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The marking for our first goal wasn't too clever either, Guthrie has a free header with nobody anywhere near him.

Until Grivosti came on every cross/throw in had at least one Livi player unmarked. It was absolutely criminal from us.

That classy strike from Stobbs came directly from the most comedic County free kick I've seen in a while. 

County were just not at it, and Livi were very much at it and blew County away. Never gave County a moment to compose themselves, so not a lot of successful passing or decent football on show.  Just a convincing and deserved victory.

4 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

That classy strike from Stobbs came directly from the most comedic County free kick I've seen in a while. 

County were just not at it, and Livi were very much at it and blew County away. Never gave County a moment to compose themselves, so not a lot of successful passing or decent football on show.  Just a convincing and deserved victory.

That's what we do, and it upsets the purists, thinking there is only one way to play football. 

Just checking this is the same team that pretty much destroyed Hamilton isn't it; I mean was anyone key missing?

Can see County being this season's Jekyll and Hyde side this season. Will be stressful for the County support but intriguing for the rest of us unless they settle down.

With results like that against Hamilton and Hearts; I think they've shown they can survive in this division but its really down to them to prove that they will.

15 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Just checking this is the same team that pretty much destroyed Hamilton isn't it; I mean was anyone key missing?

Can see County being this season's Jekyll and Hyde side this season. Will be stressful for the County support but intriguing for the rest of us unless they settle down.

With results like that against Hamilton and Hearts; I think they've shown they can survive in this division but its really down to them to prove that they will.

Only one difference- Midge started against Accies but is injured right now.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

Boo hoo etc; but 3 points and credit goes to the convincing winners.

Aye between our up and at em in your face tactics, small band of supporters, and artificial pitch, we really cause a lot of seethe playing in the top flight. :cheers

59 minutes ago, Durnford said:

From what I've seen so far, outside of the Glasgow erse cheeks there isn't a lot in it quality wise, a lot depends on your squad strength over the season, esp after the Winter break.

I was more annoyed about this yesterday than on Saturday.

Chalmers gets the blame for the first goal from the BBC commentator, but it was Kelly who inexplicably lost Guthrie.  Stewart got a rollicking from the touchline, I'm not sure if Stewart ought to have been marking him originally and they got switched, but Stewart marked Guthrie after that.

Kelly getting skinned by Robinson for the third goal is a new low (I get what Robinson brings to the Livi team and they missed him when he went off, but if Kelly can't stop Robinson getting a cross in then he's got no hope against the rest of the division).  The rest of the defending at the third goal was a new low yet again.

The fourth goal was a fine counter-attack, but the FK was abysmal and the effort to get back even worse, it was the worst goal of the lot, so easily preventable and just when there were signs of the tide turning.

I put on my first bet of the season for Pittman to score anytime, on the prospect of him running off Vigurs and Chalmers too easily.  He should have made it 2-0. 

Dykes fits that Livi set up so well, a great signing by Holt.  I doubted that he would have a big impact as a lone striker because I saw him so isolated for Queens when Dobbie wasn't playing, but Livi's system suits him massively.

Stewart has been criticised the least by others, but his first touch was part of the problem in the first half.  The team need his goals, but they also can't afford to have a centre-forward who can't trap the ball when the team needs to get up the pitch.

Improvements are needed all round for a result @ Pittodrie.

Edited by bunglebonce

Most teams we play have an 'off day' so I wouldn't worry about it bb, it's the way we play that doesn't allow opposition team to play their normal game, I expect you'll be fine against Aberdeen, who seem to be struggling just now. Even Cosgrove has hit a dip in form for them, and they depend so much on him for goals.

Fontaine had a good game against Hearts big lad Uche. There was very little movement for Liam to keep an eye on and just an old fashioned strength battle, which he (Morris & Draper) stood up to well. But that's it, anyone who can move quicker than walking pace is too much for Fontaine. 

I've said it before, our top two centre halves are either Watson and Morris or Watson and Grivosti, Fontaine is easily fourth choice for me.

And as for our two full backs, Fraser and Kelly... can we make a move for Ricky Foster again please!