Staggie's v The Lions

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

A 2,000 word, illustrated review of the last time Ross County hosted Livingston:-

http://rosscountytactics.com.gridhosted.co.uk/archives/1288

Reveal hidden contents

I miss having that amount of spare time :bairn

The beginning of January 2012,wow didn't think it was as long as that!!!

Hoping the game at the weekend was just a blip and that we can kick on from two pretty good league results and get the three points here.

Livi seem to have done a total 180 this year and moved from being a team who don't score many but are solid at the back, to a side who have a bit about them going forward but look a bit shaky at the back.

Can see our wingers being key in this one, Power off of the bench could be a huge asset  if he's fit.

2-1 County. 

Don't think it's anything we can't fix with the goals we've been giving away lately, wouldn't even say it's because of new personel replacing Gallagher and Halkett, it's been old stalwarts like Lithgow and Jacobs making uncharacteristic mistakes. Obv Stewart and Sarkic aren't as solid as Kelly but they've been decent enough. Devlin has been fantastic at RB though and McMillan has impressed me at LB.

Anyhoo, like Whitburn Vale i'd be happy getting an away point here, County will be a real handful and it would be a really good point.

Souda may be dropped for this game, read Holt calling him "rubbish" against Forfar, and Robinson came on and impressed, so can see us starting with him alongside Pittman and Lawless. Sarkic could also keep his spot. Dunno if McMillan is carrying a knock still, if not then he'd be my choice as LB, keeping Lamie as a CB pairing with Lithgow.  

Sarkic

Devlin            Lithgow            Lamie/Guthrie*        McMillan/Lamie*

Bartley              Crawford

Lawless                 Pittman             Robinson

Dykes

*depending if McMillan is fit or not.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Souda may be dropped for this game, read Holt calling him "rubbish" against Forfar, and Robinson came on and impressed, so can see us starting with him alongside Pittman and Lawless. Sarkic could also keep his spot. Dunno if McMillan is carrying a knock still, if not then he'd be my choice as LB, keeping Lamie as a CB pairing with Lithgow.  

I thought Souda was taken off because he was getting too wound up by various niggling fouls etc. and was potentially likely to get sent off if it carried on. Actually thought he was one of the few players who actually seemed to try in the first half (Dykes aside). I do agree that Robinson did well however but everyone upped their game in the second half.

I like Sarkic but he wasn't exactly faultless either; There wasn't a lot he could do after Lithgow's slip up but there were a number of occasions where his position looked suspect. This will be cured with experience and more playing time but, at the moment, I believe the jury is still out in the choice between Steward and Sarkic.

Guthrie was okay but I agree that Lithgow is probably ahead of him in everything but stamina.

Thought the midfield wasn't its usual strength for large periods of the game; Bartley was okay; Pittman was poor in the first half and a lot better in the second; Crawford was just too inconsistent.

One things for certain; Ross County wont be a push over and we need to be on top form to come back from Dingwall with anything. No more silly mistakes please.

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I thought Souda was taken off because he was getting too wound up by various niggling fouls etc. and was potentially likely to get sent off if it carried on. Actually thought he was one of the few players who actually seemed to try in the first half (Dykes aside). I do agree that Robinson did well however but everyone upped their game in the second half.

I like Sarkic but he wasn't exactly faultless either; There wasn't a lot he could do after Lithgow's slip up but there were a number of occasions where his position looked suspect. This will be cured with experience and more playing time but, at the moment, I believe the jury is still out in the choice between Steward and Sarkic.

Guthrie was okay but I agree that Lithgow is probably ahead of him in everything but stamina.

Thought the midfield wasn't its usual strength for large periods of the game; Bartley was okay; Pittman was poor in the first half and a lot better in the second; Crawford was just too inconsistent.

One things for certain; Ross County wont be a push over and we need to be on top form to come back from Dingwall with anything. No more silly mistakes please.

Said he needed to get used to the 'physical Aggressive nature' of Scottish football, and he was taken off at HT because he was "rubbish". Here's a quote from a DR article.

Gary Holt revealed he took Aymen Souda off at half-time against Forfar Athletic because he was ‘rubbish’.

The winger was replaced by Scott Robinson at the interval and the boss said the former Hearts man provided more grit and defensive steel than the flamboyant French-Tunisian.

He commented: “He (Souda) was rubbish. Simple as that. I could have made three or four changes but I just felt that they were getting a bit of joy down that side.

“Aymen was getting caught on the ball too often and he’s got to be aware that teams aren’t going to just say ‘Aymen Souda is a good player we better leave him on the ball.’

4 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I would play Jacobs. He was poor at st Johnstone but everyone has a bad game. Lamie back in at cb. Mcmillan shouldn’t have been dropped at weekend 

Keaghan was poor against Motherwell too, kept giving the ball away with poor passes. A positive is he still manages to run back to put in a tackle to win back possession most of the time, not when we conceded the first goal to St Johnstone though.

Think McMillan had an injury and prob hadn't fully recovered but was just on the subs bench as window dressing to filling out the team sheet. Def would have him starting if he was fully fit though.

Looking forward to this, not been up since the days of the away terracing, shame it’s gone. 

Any Livi fan looking for a run up ? I’m taking a mini bus and have 3 seats left, give me a shout for more details. 

On that, presume there is parking for supporters buses at the ground ? 

On the game, I rate Ross County, think they will be absolutely fine this season, dangerous going forward with tricky wingers, wide areas are absolutely key here so wouldn’t surprise me if Souda is on the bench for this one given his lack of a defensive mind in comparison to a Robinson or a Lawless. 

There could be goals in this one. 

11 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

A 2,000 word, illustrated review of the last time Ross County hosted Livingston:-

http://rosscountytactics.com.gridhosted.co.uk/archives/1288

Reveal hidden contents

I miss having that amount of spare time :bairn

Sees Midge playing off McMenamim.

I need to lie down for a moment.

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

Sees Midge playing off McMenamim.

I need to lie down for a moment.

in terms of partnerships that's the best I've seen at county aside from maybe Boyce and Curran. 

I'm surprised we haven't tried Midge in there more often!

Always liked Ross County; ever since it was revealed that we shared a common "opinion" of ICT.

Will be interesting to see Josh Mullin again - sometimes he could be a fantastic player and other times more-or-less invisible. Who he'll be up against though is a question; either McMillan; Lamie (great player but really too slow for Mullin in my opinion) or Savane.

Also whilst on the subject - where's a good place to go for a pint and a bite to eat near the ground?

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Always liked Ross County; ever since it was revealed that we shared a common "opinion" of ICT.

Will be interesting to see Josh Mullin again - sometimes he could be a fantastic player and other times more-or-less invisible. Who he'll be up against though is a question; either McMillan; Lamie (great player but really too slow for Mullin in my opinion) or Savane.

Also whilst on the subject - where's a good place to go for a pint and a bite to eat near the ground?

Mallard for a pint is the obvious answer as it is literally a 30 second walk from the ground.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

There's a pub in the ground, but I don't know if they're letting away fans in this year. I can't see there being an issue with Livi fans but not sure.e

The Mallard is the closest and tends to get the bulk of any away fans on the day.

Edited by Comrie