Hearts v Aberdeen

Frank Grimes

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thought we were good tbh.

We had that won and blew it but best we’ve been away from home all season.

Hearts are shite but we didn’t bury them so that’s football. Nae hard feelings from me.

Aberdeen were awful. Couldn't score against Hearts from open play FFS.  

Hearts still have a long way to go before we're half decent.  Luckily there are very few half decent teams in this league. 

First half I thought we were decent and unlucky to go in behind, but absolute schoolboy defending gave Aberdeen two penalties so you get what you deserve.  Second half we were pish but Aberdeen's tactics were so negative and sat so deep.  Overall I think a draw was about right.

If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be pretty annoyed at McInnes for trying to eek it out rather than see us off when they had the chance.  They were more of a Levein team than Hearts. Long balls, scrapping for second balls and set pieces.

The penalties from Aberdeen were awful apart from Anderson's which was a good save.

Thought that’s as good an away performance as there’s been this season. Played decent in spells without the final killer touch. 

Only gripe is when Campbell went off injured changed to 5 at back and sat in for last 10. At this point in game we looked far more likely to get the next goal and should have kept the same shape and tried to get the killer 3rd but we sat in. Even then they didn’t look likely to score til the injury time equaliser.

a wasted opportunity.

44 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be pretty annoyed at McInnes for trying to eek it out rather than see us off when they had the chance. 

It’s fucking horrendous, and I feel without any sort of evidence that we’re fairly shite at it- that past season and a bit especially, but it’s McInnes’s go to tactic and we seem to do it all the time.

I see the reasoning but it just invites unnecessary pressure upon us

Edited by AngusTheBull

Strangely though, that was one of the better performances I've watched in Gorgie as an Aberdeen fan over the last few seasons. A draw after 90 mins was probably a fair enough result. In saying that we shouldnt have conceded in that second half. Hearts were better in the first half without creating too much yet Aberdeen led 2-1. Second Half Aberdeen were by far the better footballing team but it ended 2-2. S**t happens

Strangely though, that was one of the better performances I've watched in Gorgie as an Aberdeen fan over the last few seasons. A draw after 90 mins was probably a fair enough result. In saying that we shouldnt have conceded in that second half. Hearts were better in the first half without creating too much yet Aberdeen led 2-1. Second Half Aberdeen were by far the better footballing team but it ended 2-2. S**t happens
P.S. Looking forward to seeing behind the player/crowd reactions of Cosgroves (first) and Maclean goals.