Saints v Sevco

49 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Gordon Scott has definitely made mistakes but he’s done far more good than bad. It’s really difficult to get a chairman these days that has genuine affinity for the club and run a sensible sustainable model - I think we have that in Scott, and despite being a SMISA member would far rather he continued to take the reigns instead of us whenever the loan has been repaid.

Annoys me that people have a go regarding giving the ugly sisters the family stand. Yes, it’s far from ideal, but the same people would moan when we have our budget cut by 2-4 players by only giving them the one stand. Until we can justify not giving them it in terms of our home fans turning up then I believe this to be the best option.

You watch the large spaces in the main stand and west stand on Sunday as more of our fans stay away from these games.  How many home fans were in the family stand for the Aberdeen game it's far from empty. Scott over years including when the stadium was built said one thing ends up another happens. Another example.  Last play off game many fans went to the stadium for their ticket because the online ticket system is not fit for purpose.  Fans stood for hours many turned away told to come back the next day. Scott came out and told the many frustrated fans the online ticket system would be fixed for next season. Here we are the system has not changed. Just one of many this will happen only for it not to. Of course Scott can do what he wants he has the majority shares .  I'm very disappointed with Scott he is not a man of his word that is the bottom line. Fan ownership is still a good few years off unfortunately. 

46 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You watch the large spaces in the main stand and west stand on Sunday as more of our fans stay away from these games.  How many home fans were in the family stand for the Aberdeen game it's far from empty. Scott over years including when the stadium was built said one thing ends up another happens. Another example.  Last play off game many fans went to the stadium for their ticket because the online ticket system is not fit for purpose.  Fans stood for hours many turned away told to come back the next day. Scott came out and told the many frustrated fans the online ticket system would be fixed for next season. Here we are the system has not changed. Just one of many this will happen only for it not to. Of course Scott can do what he wants he has the majority shares .  I'm very disappointed with Scott he is not a man of his word that is the bottom line. Fan ownership is still a good few years off unfortunately. 

General St Mirren discussion for..... ach, fcuk it.

5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You watch the large spaces in the main stand and west stand on Sunday as more of our fans stay away from these games.  

Three of the spaces in M3 will be due to excess alcohol consumption on Saturday, as me and my brother are taking my mate, who sits next to us out for his 50th.🙄

Long live Gordon Scott!👏

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Three of the spaces in M3 will be due to excess alcohol consumption on Saturday, as me and my brother are taking my mate, who sits next to us out for his 50th.🙄

Long live Gordon Scott!👏

Have a good one mate . I have met Gordon spent a good hour in his company nice guy. Its SMFC I care about thankfully the squad looks good. There has been lines crossed in my book with Gordon. Does that make him a bad guy ? Not at all a leader on the board room questionable for me YES. 

11 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Yeh, they’ve got a large squad of match officials to call on when required

They’ll need to as the players Gerrard has signed are shite

I’ve not seen any Sevco games but good to hear Gerrard has signed shite players. I assume they will struggle to be 2nd again if they are shite.

Any names of the new signings that jump out as being particularly shite ??

15 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Expect this to be simlour tactics to Hibs and Aberdeen. Break up play then attack in numbers with pace. At home can see us taking something from the game.

Amazing the difference a couple of decent performances can make. Who ever expected any of our fans would be even vaguely optimistic about a result against the arse cheeks?

I'm still inclined to believe we'll lose, but not heavily.

Not sure how it will pan out.

When you sit in and soak up pressure you always run the risk of conceding, no matter how well organised you are. Defoe and Morelos are both poachers, they only need half a chance or can produce a moment of magic.

Remember last season we were holding out ok until Candeas fluked a cross with 10 minutes to go.

We have more in our locker to hurt teams on the counter now, with a couple of unknowns up front that look well built and quick to pester defences.

There is a pattern add in the hear say waste of clubs funds. 

This “hearsay” appears to have been repeatedly stated only by you with no evidence with which to back it up.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game after the positive start to the season and the promising signing made during the week. Expect Rangers to win but even the knowledge we can even compete with a top six side is a very strange feeling indeed.

Sevco’s top men in midfield are Ryan Jack and Scott Arfield

ffs

If these guys were in any other side in Scotland no-one would think twice about them

They are desperation signings cos Sevco are skint

These guys wouldn’t even be good enough to get in the current St Mirren side.

Sevco are shite

What they have is the crowd behind them, intimidation, thuggery, cheating and the match officials.

Set that aside and their actual squad of players is a lame joke.

Let’s beat these utter scumbags!