Killie v Hibs QF

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Nobody likes you.

The Welsh really have it in for you lot...

Goal! Kilmarnock 0(3), Hibernian 0(4). Tom Jones (Hibernian) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the high centre of the goal

God, this is frustrating.  We're generally very comfortable at the back, so feel like a team who will only need to score once to win a decent number of matches....but at the moment we don't look like getting them.

Our atrocious cup record continues.  How long does it have to take before we get a glamourous curse to refer to?  A la Benfica/Boston Red Sox/Hibernian FCC? 

Two of my mates are Killie regulars. One couldn’t make it last night so I said I’d go along with him (he paid for the tickets) and see how the AA era is shaping up. It was two very poor teams last night, tbh they could still be playing and neither would have scored. 

A few observations - Sow was taller than I imagined but was pretty woeful as I imagined. The boy St Clair had a big reputation a few years as “one to watch” he certainly didn’t stand out last night. Brophy looked short of confidence despite his great goal v Celtic at the weekend. Thomas looked bright when he came on a small it would have been some goal if that had went in! Collum had a howler, you should have had at least one pen. You were the better team and should have won on the night 

Edited by Thereisalight..

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Also with how unpredictable and baffling Collum was, on another night McKenzie could have been sent off as well during the Porteous melee 

Agreed, I thought we had a definite penalty at the beginning of the second half but them's the breaks sometimes.

McKenzie could, for me, have gone at the following points;

• during the Porteous debacle.
  • immediately afterwards for a foul on Lewis Stevenson (I think).
  • for chucking the ball away after scoring his penalty.

Also, are the refs just going to complete shit the bed on the rule that players are to go directly off when substituted?  It's as though they just take their cue from the player in question.

Maybe a bit harsh on St Clair - he showed some good touches but couldn't get into the game.  It'll take him a while to get up to playing these sort of games - felt he was taken off at the right time.

17 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Agreed, I thought we had a definite penalty at the beginning of the second half but them's the breaks sometimes.

McKenzie could, for me, have gone at the following points;

• during the Porteous debacle.
  • immediately afterwards for a foul on Lewis Stevenson (I think).
  • for chucking the ball away after scoring his penalty.

Also, are the refs just going to complete shit the bed on the rule that players are to go directly off when substituted?  It's as though they just take their cue from the player in question.

Maybe a bit harsh on St Clair - he showed some good touches but couldn't get into the game.  It'll take him a while to get up to playing these sort of games - felt he was taken off at the right time.

I can’t remember when it was but the Hibs player definitely handled in the box (it was either late on in normal time, or extra time) 

Yeah he was a lucky boy, he could quite easily have got two yellows for those. He seems to have that hot head on occasion (I remember he got sent off v Aberdeen last season for petulant behaviour) 

I don’t think any “flair” players are going to strive under this style of play you have atm. Definitely a hanger of style is required as I can see it turning fair weather fans away as it’s boring as hell to watch 

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

Not sure I care at the moment. If we had a Brophy (or even last night an O'Donnell or a Thomas) that could actually convert a chance we'd have been fine. It wasn't to be.

At least Hibs can put the "too soft" accusations to bed. 

Still, a big result for Heckingbottom and good luck to them.

Do you reckon being given the number 9 shirt has had anything to do with Brophys poor goal return this season (ie the old cliche of the shirt being too big for him) ?

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

If this is a Boyd reference, then yes, it probably is. 

I think he's snatching at opportunities as they have become more scarce. He can be a Row-Z guy when he's trying to hard.

Poor Boyd 😂

Yeah he ballooned one over the bar last night as he seemed to think he had less time than he actually had. Really thought this would have been a good season for him goals wise. Thought the Scotland call up would have boosted his confidence but he seems bereft of it so far