ali_91

Hibernian - St Johnstone 24 August 2019

A day out in the capital no doubt ruined by the football, but strangely looking forward to this one.

Our record at Easter Road has been glorious recently, winning three out of our last four, and it being almost seven years to the day since we last lost there. 

Would like to see a reaction to the Livingston game, which for an hour was about as bad as I can remember us playing. 

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

McCann Davidson Craig

O Halloran Kennedy

May

Another last minute winner would be lovely. 

Square go’s available if any Hibs fan wants to put on some entertainment for the tourists. 

Unlike when Lenny used to get psyched out by Tommy Wright's protestant voodoo tricks, we now have a manager who can actually win games against St Johnstone. I declare that this will be a walk in the park for Connolly's XI.

I'd take out McCann for Cummings in Ali's line up above. Might as well go all out against this menagerie of English lower league cast offs and no hopers.

Excellent a home game! We’ve a pretty decent record at Easter Road as well, so a resounding Hibs win it’ll be this time probably!

Actually they seem a bit shit, maybe a scoreless draw.

Who will play up front. We have tried O'Halloran that did not work and we tried Swanson and that did not work either. Only attacking midfielder not tried yet is Kennedy.  So will Tommy use  O'Halloran or Swanson or should he play Kennedy?

I would suggest 

X

X          X           X          X

MOH                X           X       Swanson

Kennedy

Kane

St Johnstone are strong out wide and we’ve been getting ripped apart down both wings in our last two games. Even against St Mirren we were wide open at times. 

Hibernian 1-2 St Johnstone. 

Hibs fans predicting they will lose at home to St Johnstone clearly have not seen any of our games this season against Forfar, Montrose, Ross County, Celtic and 60 mins against Livi. 

I'm holding out the tiniest hope that we will have a new midfielder and striker in place for Saturday - otherwise I'll be praying for a Vihmann shaped miracle. 

I'll be there to see the big ginger Estonian haddock leap a whole foot into the air like a salmon at Pitlochry dam to thump in a late winner for the tins of paint....

Hibs 0 Saints 1

think I still have my shin injury from Shaughnessy's last minute winner last time oot………………..

I'd go:

Marciano
Gray Jackson Porteous Stevenson
Slivka Vela
Horgan Allan Middleton
Kamberi

Think the Vatican might declare it a miracle if we keep a clean sheet to be honest. Especially with Scott Allan's passing, Mallan's propensity to bash one in the top bin and Horgan's pace.

Can't say I'm particularly fearful of yon Doidge guy, which probably means he'll score at least two goals against us.

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

St Johnstone are strong out wide and we’ve been getting ripped apart down both wings in our last two games. Even against St Mirren we were wide open at times. 

Hibernian 1-2 St Johnstone. 

We could have Giggs and Best on the wings and it would mean nothing as there's nobody in the middle who can finish regularly.

I have a deep sense of foreboding about this.