Celtic vs Partick Thistle

Romeo

We could have been playing a very long game including getting relegated, appointing a donkey, nearly getting relegated again, and sacking said donkey just before this game and appointing a competent manager in order to lull Celtic into sleepwalking it... nah.

Among the many weird things of the Caldwell reign was given his length of service with Celtic he didn't in either transfer window he had take a young player on loan from them. Suppose he'd burnt his bridges with Lennon by the time summer came round.

As above, this is as many as Celtic want it to be. McCall has already said Saturday is the priority. 4-5-1 with Mansell up top falling over every time he gets near it anyway because he is Bambi on ice, hoping to win the odd foul.

If Lenny is going to be making many changes, i would hope he atleast gives Brown and McGregor a break, dont really want these guys playing 50+ games again this season. Also sucks that Taylor is cuptied as this would have been ideal game to give him his first start. Could also be one of the few times we'll see Sinclair this season.

Forster

Bauer ElHamed Jullien Hayes

Ntcham Ajer

Morgan/Arzani Rogic Elyounoussi

Bayo

Should be a routine win, 3/4-0 i'd say

Edited by DavieCFC

had a wee look and it doesn't look like this is on any of the telly channels (nothing on BBC scotland, Sky have the English shite on, BT are showing Livi - Rangers*)

don't really fancy trying to watch it on any of the streaming sites as they're generally unreliable, virus and adware riddled hellholes. Is it definitely not on TV anywhere and ive missed it? Can head to my local to watch it since they've got Celtic TV in there I think, but even there the games they've got on cut out frequently on account of them using, er, non-mainstream ways of getting the games shown (non standard UAE sports channels etc. which tbf can sometimes have better coverage than the shite we normally get in the UK)

edit: if not on standard telly its probably somewhat moot anyway as i'll go along to the pub, we'll be 2-0 down after 15 minutes and I'll f**k off up the road to play football manager or something

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Williamson looked a bit dodgy at that goal from the clip above.

Couldn't find anywhere showing the game nearby (maybe a blessing if it ends up a hammering) but the BBC commentary indicates we're getting close to Celtic players. No margin for error though, another Celtic goal and its all over, we're dire at coming back from behind and have been for years.

On 24/09/2019 at 17:58, Fuctifano said:

We could have been playing a very long game including getting relegated, appointing a donkey, nearly getting relegated again, and sacking said donkey just before this game and appointing a competent manager in order to lull Celtic into sleepwalking it... nah.

Among the many weird things of the Caldwell reign was given his length of service with Celtic he didn't in either transfer window he had take a young player on loan from them. Suppose he'd burnt his bridges with Lennon by the time summer came round.

As above, this is as many as Celtic want it to be. McCall has already said Saturday is the priority. 4-5-1 with Mansell up top falling over every time he gets near it anyway because he is Bambi on ice, hoping to win the odd foul.

Conor Hazard 💚💚😉

1st half was atrocious, 2nd half was much better.

Ntcham was brilliant and Frimpong looks promising.

Gordon won't be troubling Fraser for the no.1 spot anytime soon either (I get that the Partick goal was disallowed but why he on his line the whole time when the guys runs in and heads it inside the 6 yard box 😕 )

Pretty much what Davie in the previous post says.

That 35 yarder from N'tcham 😯😯😯

Frimpong looks a player, granted limited opposition and he wasn't really tested defensively, definite potential there.

Craig Gordon looked extremely suspect at the disallowed goal.

Bayo has potential but a lot of bad habits needing ironed out of his game, namely clattering his opponent every 50/50 high ball.

Delighted for Scott Sinclair, he didn't celebrate his goal like a fifth goal in a routine cup win against a lower league opponent, a lot of frustration came out in that celebration.  With the amount of league, European and domestic cup football I we will play this season I definitely feel he will be required to make a decent contribution even if it isn't as a regular starter most weeks. 

It was great to see the reception Sinclair got tonight. Some of the biggest chears of the night were when he first came out to warmup, when he got on the park and when he scored. His song was getting belted out by everyone aswell.

So the fans still believe in the guy, Hopefully Lenny does too and when the chance does come he grabs it with both hands.