Celtic vs Partick Thistle

Romeo

Just now, Romeo said:
7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:
This match clashes with a Belle & Sebastian concert at a vegan festival so probably a poor away support. 

Will the Partick team even be able to get to the stadium..?

Aye, the 63 bus goes right along Garscube Road at 11 minutes past every hour. 

Celtic will probably progress comfortably, yet the paupers will spend the next few days mewling about a penalty they were denied, arguing that this lends credence to the anti-Celtic, anti-Catholic conspiracy which has been in existence for decades. 

I trust that Tom Boyd will be discharged from Leverndale in time for the match.

A potential banana-skin for the Jags. We should therefore show the toothless, Labour-voting, manky mock-mick, euro laughing stock, east end shitehole dwelling, giro-cashing, undereducated, hummus-dodging, nasal-whining, self-pitying, bawbags the respect they deserve.

if we can sign Connor Sammon on some sort of "eat as you play" contract sponsored by Pizza Express for this match and this match only after him banging in 2 goals for us at Parkhead a couple of years ago in the cup that'd be nice. edit: in fact I think the first was from Doolan after a shoddy passback thinking on it

While we've tended to perform a bit better in the away games against Celtic than at Firhill over the past 8 years or so I'm still more or less resigned to never getting to celebrate a win over Celtic or Rangers in the rest of my lifetime since I started supporting Thistle, thanks to some kind of mental conditioning from watching us shit the bed against them so very often in the Archibald years.

happy enough if we can at least give Lennon a (not literal) bloody nose in the tie and keep it competitive. If nothing else hopefully the split gate can give Caldwell a bit of money to play with what with the rumours over the transfer budget being withheld til the takeover is sorted.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

19 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Celtic will probably progress comfortably, yet the paupers will spend the next few days mewling about a penalty they were denied, arguing that this lends credence to the anti-Celtic, anti-Catholic conspiracy which has been in existence for decades. 

I trust that Tom Boyd will be discharged from Leverndale in time for the match.

Aye, probably. 

• 1 month later...

Despite the positive feelings around Firhill currently with the Caldwell witch-burning now complete, I'm not sure how much you can change on 2 days notice, especially given it's only been four days since Dunfermline gave us a righteous bumming.  If Celtic want to, they could score as many as they want, so it really depends on them.  

I expect an absolutely horrendous game.  We'll have a spirited spell in the game that might see us cause a bit of an upset, before Celtic ultimately step up a gear and win something like 2-0.  "Free hit" is always a wanky thing to say, but have to admit this is very much one of those.  We'd rather the Harry Ramsden's Teacake Training Cup anyway.