Dundee vs ICT

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

Surely you remember when we won the Challenge Cup? It was when you lot were 2-0 up at half time and your arse collapsed allowing us to steamroller our way to a trophy far more important than the title. 

I had 3-2 correct score on my coupon that day. I probably celebrated way more than most 8)

If my memory serves me correctly he got sent off within 5 minutes of getting subbed on?

I think giving him 5 minutes is being generous. Think it was about 2 minutes. Proper heads gone from him because he started on the bench.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

:lol:

Aye I mind that one. Don't think I was there for some reason but I recall Bulvitus had a goal disallowed just before half time that would have seen us go 3 - 0 up? Of course when we went 3 - 2 down Imrie came on hacked down one of the Dees and got sent off #ImpactSub

I wasn't at the game either as I was still steaming from the night before and missed the train down.  Watching the first half perked me up a bit then as soon as Dundee got one back you knew the outcome.

Turned out pretty well as that game basically gave us a boot up the arse which culminating in us winning the cup 5 years later, then getting relegated.

5 hours ago, Dele said:

Make no mistake about it, if this "Super Caley Man" and Howkin ENDER aren't the same guy then I would like to invite the both of them to a hide in at the hands of myself on the Provie Rd at 5pm Saturday. 

Now that's being just silly threatening violence.

And btw it's hiding not hide in.

"I doubt there is a team more worthy of utter contempt and disgust in Scottish football than Dundee FC.  For almost the entire modern period of Scottish football they have lurched from one crisis to another, they've burned through money, embraced some of the most vile and reprehensible people ever involved in Scottish football.  They've funnelled money from local businesses and fans towards criminals and scam artists, have blown huge amounts of cash on useless players, terrible managers and had boards stuffed with characters who'd struggle to pass a fit and proper person test to get an account at Costco."  ICTChris

Magnificent!  I take a sense of real pride in our Club reading that  :)

goodfellas GIF

robert de niro goodfellas GIF

Edited by rainbowrising

10 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Jesus most of those achievements were in the 60,s/70,s. Last time you won the League cup in 73 John Lennon was still alive. It may be one cup but at least it was recent not when King Edward VII Was king 😂😂😂 Just another has-been Scottish club that used to be big but are now a tin pot club. 

Im feeling yer pain big boy

2 hours ago, RiG said:

:lol:

Aye I mind that one. Don't think I was there for some reason but I recall Bulvitus had a goal disallowed just before half time that would have seen us go 3 - 0 up? Of course when we went 3 - 2 down Imrie came on hacked down one of the Dees and got sent off #ImpactSub

Didn't Dani Sanchez hit the bar in that first half too?  Butcher's ICT had a terrible habit of blowing big games and that was a prime example.

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

And rightly so. I remember some of our fans that day booed Mutombo off for being such a p***k. Nick is a good local Inverness lad and as has been said is harmless. It’s not as if he was snapping an absolute c**t of a player like Pawlett or Scott Brown.

He did. I remember being in stand above the tunnel and our support were livid. A disgraceful tackle for absolutely no reason.  A shite footballer.

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Didn't Dani Sanchez hit the bar in that first half too?  Butcher's ICT had a terrible habit of blowing big games and that was a prime example.

No idea I'm afraid. And you're right. Too often we fell flat on the big stage under Butcher. 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

And you're right. Too often we fell flat on the big stage under Butcher. 

I can think of at least four 'must win' games under Butcher and we blew them all - the Falkirk relegation game, the Challenge Cup Final, the Highland Derby Euro Decider, the Philip Roberts League Cup game at Easter Road.  There's probably a couple I've missed as well.

46 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I can think of at least four 'must win' games under Butcher and we blew them all - the Falkirk relegation game, the Challenge Cup Final, the Highland Derby Euro Decider, the Philip Roberts League Cup game at Easter Road.  There's probably a couple I've missed as well.

That Highland Derby euro decider was an absolute joke. Pretty sure our only fit centre mid for that game was Tudor Jones and Butcher left him in the stands and we played Charlie Taylor, the left back now playing for Burnley, in his place alongside Devine?

Edited by PB1994

Just now, PB1994 said:

That Highland Derby euro decider was an absolute joke. Pretty sure our only fit centre mid for that game was Tudor Jones and Butcher left him in the stands and we played Charlie Taylor in his place alongside Devine?

Think it was Charlie Taylor and Connor Pepper in centre mid.  Devine right back perhaps?