Dundee vs ICT

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Anyway lets stop all this banter and have some serious debate about football.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

oh dearie me - Dense humour 🤣 kills me 😎

3 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Chill out Dense doys and girls.

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Will not be the last time the orange ones will be superior at Dense this season.

Think this will be close tbh. ICT will come and frustrate and with the likes of Doran can catch us on the break. Hemmings should be fit to partner Johnson with Nelson a really good option from the bench again. I’d keep McGowan on the bench. He’s far too slow on the ball IMO.

It'd be good if we could discuss the game, too much low quality trolling on this thread.

Sean Welsh playing for us tonight in the North of Scotland cup is music to our fans ears, although I'd imagine that Saturday might be too soon for him to go straight into the team.  We had a better away record last season and were generally superior when we didn't have to break teams down but it remains to be seen if we'll replicate that.  I think we are team looking for a style, for an identity at this point and it's difficult to predict how we'll go.

I watched the Dundee DUnfermline game and although I thought Dunfermline were the better team and deserved to win, there was something impressive about Dundee getting back into the game.  It's obviously only one game but I did think that they might be a team that's hard to peg back and if they score first on Saturday I wouldn't back us to take anything from the game.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

It'd be good if we could discuss the game, too much low quality trolling on this thread.

And high quality fishing.

Well we are on the road to Bony Dungdee again and lets hope that this will be a more enjoyable and fruitful return journey. Surely we can't repeat the Dens performance of a few weeks ago and lets face it - Dundee did not look at all formidable and are clearly the lowly neighbours in the vicinity. I had hope of a point at Tannadice - I have expectations of at least a point 200 yards away. The return of Rooney was an unexpected boost even if it probably means that we will stick to 4 at the back with the line up inevitable. Lets just hope that Coll and Tremarco are determined to prove that their last showing at Dens was a season one -off. As for midfield and attack that is a real conundrum. As I alluded to prior to the Smokies I was afraid that a win would mean "same again" this week. Now I am not so sure and live in hope. To be fair to Robbo it may be that Todorov and Storey were not match fit for a 90 minute outing. Given what we have seen Todorov and Storey would be a nightmare pairing for Dungdee whereas the tall, immobile Dundee defenders would be smacking their lips at the prospect of White in the lone striker role. We also have to cut out the long ball as it has been proven wholly fallible against Dungdee. Lets use our width and hit the bye line more often and look at using the pace of Storey and the guile of Keatings. Despite mixed reports I am hopeful that Vincent will show more of a playmaker ability

RIDGERS

ROONEY  COLL  McCART TREMARCO

CARSON  VINCENT

WALSH  KEATINGS

TODOROV  STOREY

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You want to talk about.....football?

You're in the wrong place.

Fair play though to anyone making the journey down. Do Caledonian have a good traveling support?

On 19/08/2019 at 22:55, Louis Litt said:

Thank f**k for that. I'm all for charging extortionate ticket prices if it keeps dribbling simpletons like you away. 

Exactly this^^^^^^ its not as if they bring a football crowd down...………………….usually just a bus load of pish stained and bearded aloholics glad to escape the shit stained backwater that is Inverness...…………………...living in the Shadow of their SPL neighbours must hurt like f**k

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=737&team2_id=482

Some interesting games in this fixture over the years.  The 2003 cup semi-final probably the biggest game between the clubs.  I remember that Wyness hit the bar in the first ten minutes but we didn't create much after that.  

Important league games include a late equaliser from Liam Fox at Dens in 2005 which dropped Jim Duffy's Dundee into the relegation spot with one game to go, that was the Kachloul season IIRC.  

The games in the 2009/10 season were all excellent with both sides going for the title and Caley securing it, including defeating Dundee on the final day with the title sealed.  The Challenge cup final in Perth was better for Dundee as they came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 after extra time.  For some reason the first game of that season at Dens sticks in my mind, 2-2 draw with us coming from behind twice, I remember being impressed with Dani Sanchez, who ended up being a bit part player for us that season.  

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

When was the game Brian Kerr absolutely hadouken'd it in from about 35 yards? 

2-2 draw at Dens in March that sesaon, Caley were 2-0 up but were pulled back by Kerr and Gary Harkins.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

For some reason the first game of that season at Dens sticks in my mind, 2-2 draw with us coming from behind twice, I remember being impressed with Dani Sanchez, who ended up being a bit part player for us that season.  

That was the game when Foran almost blootered the ball into the net from a drop ball about 50 yards out. Dundee thought we were giving it back them and Foran obliged to some extent and forced Douglas (I think?) into a save. That went down as well as you'd expect :lol: 

Edited by RiG

17 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I don’t like ‘franchise’ teams in general and ICT in particular. There’s something noble about the Staggies that’s sadly lacking in their Highland neighbours.
I think we will fuck these cunters 3 zip.

You are aware that your perma underachieving mob are the result of a merger??