Dundee vs ICT

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Think it was Charlie Taylor and Connor Pepper in centre mid.  Devine right back perhaps?

"Future World Player of the Year" Conor Pepper played right back and went off injured.

43 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Conor Pepper was about 25 stone in that game. Totally different to the electric little player that started the 2012/13 season. I don’t think he was seen again after that County game when he was hooked after about 20 minutes.

Think he turned up at Morton for a bit after he left us.  Fuck knows where he is now, if any club.

Pepper is at Glentoran now, would have been a good player at Championship level but serious injury after serious injury meant that he was rarely fit enough to play. 

Edited by vikingTON

Pepper started that game after barely being seen for months, while Nick Ross was on the bench.  There was always rumours we didn't really want to get into Europe and including Pepper in what already was a mess of a starting line-up just seemed too weird.  I forget where Devine was playing but I think he partnered Charlie Taylor in defensive midfield because Tudur Jones was injured.  Chris Hogg played at centre-back as I recall.

It was an absolutely massive game and the ground was packed but we didn't rise to the occasion at all.  I barely remember us even having a shot on goal.

Edited by Highland Capital

our team for that game was - Reguero, Meekings, Taylor, Raven, Hogg, Devine, Pepper, Graeme Shinnie, Andy Shinnie, Doran, Mckay.  Subs were Shane Sutherland (who came on for Taylor), Nick Ross (who came on for Pepper), Liam Polworth, Martin Laing, Ryan Christie and Calum Ferguson.

We were missing Tudor Jones, Draper, Warren and Foran from our first choice team that season.  While it wsa a great team to watch and we had some brilliant performances, that season we didn't have the depth to sustain our form until the end of the season - we only took four points in the last six games.

Late to the party but have to say this is an excellent piece of work[emoji106]

I doubt there is a team more worthy of utter contempt and disgust in Scottish football than Dundee FC.  For almost the entire modern period of Scottish football they have lurched from one crisis to another, they've burned through money, embraced some of the most vile and reprehensible people ever involved in Scottish football.  They've funnelled money from local businesses and fans towards criminals and scam artists, have blown huge amounts of cash on useless players, terrible managers and had boards stuffed with characters who'd struggle to pass a fit and proper person test to get an account at Costco.  Their fans are the most perma-raging gaggle of seething idiots to emerge from the rubble of their barely inhabitable excuse for a city.  Building up an inferiority complex over years of being sworded by their clearly superior rivals has turned them into probably the most psychologically damaged group of people in the whole country, if we had less stringent gun laws you can bet that Dens park would be the epicentre of all mass shootings in Britain.
I'm certainly looking forward to Caley dishing out an absolute kicking to this horrifying outfit.  With any luck their latest owners are exposed as money laundering criminals in short order and the whole club can be liquidated and all their fans immediately eaten by bears.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

If certain ICT posters could refrain from attempting to be funny, that would be great. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They run their TV's on gas up there.

I heard that first prize in a raffle was a 'Calor Telly'

Thank you.

Likewise.

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Just to confirm if Caley lose I won’t be posting in this thread ever again but if we win I’ll be on here immediately giving it all that.

If it's a draw will you casually meander onto here to air any grievances regarding the dodgy nature of the referee's decisions?

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

Likewise.

I think you've been whooshed there, blud.

Anyway, I've got a good one: In Inverness they try to use their bankcards to withdraw money from bridge railings.

There is no punchline.