Dundee vs ICT

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We could have had Ronaldo and Messi and not scored with the service the forwards got.

You sure like this particular saying, use it at least twice every gameday. Not that it isn't valid.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I’m absolutely shocked that we drew with the great Dundee FC and kept a clean sheet. After our meaningless league cup match earlier this season, we were repeatedly told by their fans that we were hopeless and that we should be worried.

It truly is a great day for teuchter-kind.

Truly a game worthy of this thread...

Actually, although nothing really happened, I quite enjoyed it because we at least tried to play the ball on the deck instead of just punting diagonal balls up to bounce off our lone striker.  Storey's movement in the first half was pretty decent, although paradoxically he seemed to disappear a bit in the second half as the rest of the team got stronger, and was rightly subbed.  There was also more positional discipline from our midfielders than we've seen recently, thanks mostly to the absence of Charlie Trafford running round in circles with his tongue hanging out, although if I was a Dundee supporter, I'd be annoyed that more pressure wasn't put on David Carson, who really struggled against Utd even before he moved to right back, but strolled through this game. Walsh intermittently looked dangerous for us, and Shaun Rooney had a couple of tremendous rampages forward - the only player I've ever seen who manages to look like a falling tree for the entirety of a 60-yard run - but Keatings still isn't doing much effective in open play; I think Robbo wants him to play as a 10, but he just looks a bit lost. 

Thought McPake made the wrong sub when Nelson replaced Robertson, as that's when we started to find loads of space and create real chances - I assume he was trying to push for a winner, but I don't remember us really feeling threatened in that period.      

Actually, although nothing really happened, I quite enjoyed it because we at least tried to play the ball on the deck instead of just punting diagonal balls up to bounce off our lone striker.  Storey's movement in the first half was pretty decent, although paradoxically he seemed to disappear a bit in the second half as the rest of the team got stronger, and was rightly subbed.  There was also more positional discipline from our midfielders than we've seen recently, thanks mostly to the absence of Charlie Trafford running round in circles with his tongue hanging out, although if I was a Dundee supporter, I'd be annoyed that more pressure wasn't put on David Carson, who really struggled against Utd even before he moved to right back, but strolled through this game. Walsh intermittently looked dangerous for us, and Shaun Rooney had a couple of tremendous rampages forward - the only player I've ever seen who manages to look like a falling tree for the entirety of a 60-yard run - but Keatings still isn't doing much effective in open play; I think Robbo wants him to play as a 10, but he just looks a bit lost. 
Thought McPake made the wrong sub when Nelson replaced Robertson, as that's when we started to find loads of space and create real chances - I assume he was trying to push for a winner, but I don't remember us really feeling threatened in that period.      

You’re right about Robertson going off changing the game but he was injured. We totally lost our shape after that.

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Said this before but you won’t win the league whilst Paul McGowan is seen as one of your most important players

He's not. He'll probably fall out the line-up as Ness comes back. I really like McGowan, but past few games he's really shown his limitations.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You’re right about Robertson going off changing the game but he was injured. We totally lost our shape after that.

Ah right. I either hadn't realised, or had already managed to forget when I posted, that he was injured. Hopefully nothing serious, he's a fine player.

Meant to say earlier that while Dundee absolutely schooled us in the League Cup match, today they reminded me a bit of Falkirk in the last two seasons - quite attractive to watch at times in possession, but really lacking in penetration. Probably not a comparison that any club's supporters would want to hear.

Also, big shout out to the catering dept for managing to produce a steak pie hotter than the core of the earth. I'm looking forward to getting my taste buds back some time around Thursday.

I had a Scott Brother's chicken curry pie and it was an absolute disaster. The pie was filled with much more chicken than the pastry could handle, so I ate the pastry and was left with a curried mess that I basically had to try and drink. It's the first time in the history of football matches that I've claimed about their being too much meat in my pie, when I'm used to Lindley's old one bit of rat meat surrounded by dried out gravy - And that's just the scotch pies.

I had a Scott Brother's chicken curry pie and it was an absolute disaster. The pie was filled with much more chicken than the pastry could handle, so I ate the pastry and was left with a curried mess that I basically had to try and drink. It's the first time in the history of football matches that I've claimed about their being too much meat in my pie, when I'm used to Lindley's old one bit of rat meat surrounded by dried out gravy - And that's just the scotch pies.

You b*****d Ludo. You got my share of the gravy and chicken. I had one of those searingly hot Steak Pies at the last game, you know you should let it cool down but you can’t resist eating it.

We’re going to struggle in every game Jamie Ness misses, especially if Robertson is out too.

I’d have young McPake starting at the expense of McDaid, although McDaid appears to like tearing the Arabs a new arsehole. Tricky one.

2 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Fair.

A dull opening eventually gave way to a poor finish. Inverness looked more likely to score by the end, tbf. From a Dundee perspective, I've been unconvinced by McPake's tinkering for the past couple of games. 

I'm all for making substitutions at key moments, but at the moment they just seem to be breaking things up and making the team less coherent.

10 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

Fair.

A dull opening eventually gave way to a poor finish. Inverness looked more likely to score by the end, tbf. From a Dundee perspective, I've been unconvinced by McPake's tinkering for the past couple of games. 

I'm all for making substitutions at key moments, but at the moment they just seem to be breaking things up and making the team less coherent.

McPake pretty much said the same in his post match interview. Shocked at the level of honesty he gave tbf.

10 hours ago, Aufc said:

Were dundee fans not questioning the signing of shankland and then saying Hemmings was much better?

No.

Just one quote questioning the signing of Shankland should back up your point. 

12 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Ah right. I either hadn't realised, or had already managed to forget when I posted, that he was injured. Hopefully nothing serious, he's a fine player.

Meant to say earlier that while Dundee absolutely schooled us in the League Cup match, today they reminded me a bit of Falkirk in the last two seasons - quite attractive to watch at times in possession, but really lacking in penetration. Probably not a comparison that any club's supporters would want to hear.

Also, big shout out to the catering dept for managing to produce a steak pie hotter than the core of the earth. I'm looking forward to getting my taste buds back some time around Thursday.

lol...…………….a mate and I had the chicken curry version he reckons they were cooked in a blast furnace his face looked like a trout that had been dropped head first into boiling oil

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had to check the username to see if this was a Boredumguy post. 

Thank you.