Dundee vs ICT

Must win match.

The team looked balanced yesterday, however, I'd start Hemmings up top with Johnson. It'd be Robertson who drops out for me despite his recent perfromances.  

Especally on Sunday he was excellent, but I'd rather have Ness and Bryne in a 4 4 2. Feel they are better suited to a middle two. If Hemmings still has a knock then no issues with Nelson starting.

McDaid and Todd are looking good out wide and hopefully McPake comes in this week to give us an option later in the game without having to change shape and introduce McGowan.

I would've had Meekings ahead of Forster, but you can't really argue with Forster performance at the weekend. Up there for MOTM.

The first match Hamilton looked like a keeper aswell (nowhere near to being happy with his as number one however).

Hamilton

Kerr Forster McGhee Marshall

Todd Ness Bryne McDaid

Johnson Hemmings

2 0 Dundee (McDaid, Johnson)

Thank you.

Putting my 40-odd years of Dee supporting experience to use we have:

Opposition we beat only a few weeks ago, an excellent performance against a much better side (on paper at least) in the last match, our talismanic returning-hero striker hopefully back in the starting XI, and the feel-good/optimism factor returning to the fans.

We all know this is set up for a prime Dundee "fall flat on your face and make a spectacular arse of it". We will lose 1-0 to a deflected 88th minutes goal after battering the ICT goal for 87 minutes and missing 11 gilt-edged chances...

If we play as we did on Sunday we’ll be too good for ICT. Agree that we bring Hemmings or Nelson and take one out of the midfield. I’m not sure who that should be, though, they all did the business.
Nevertheless if we do maintain the same tempo and drive against ICT, what will be their response? In the league cup game ICT managed in excess of 20 fouls and finished with 11 men. What’s the odds on the same ratio if we play well? I can see us being booted over the Derry into Dens Road if we play well.

Nevertheless if we do maintain the same tempo and drive against ICT, what will be their response? In the league cup game ICT managed in excess of 20 fouls and finished with 11 men. What’s the odds on the same ratio if we play well? I can see us being booted over the Derry into Dens Road if we play well.

We were rusty in that league cup match. We’ve had another few games in now and a good 2 week break so if we don’t double our foul count I’ll be fuming.

I doubt there is a team more worthy of utter contempt and disgust in Scottish football than Dundee FC.  For almost the entire modern period of Scottish football they have lurched from one crisis to another, they've burned through money, embraced some of the most vile and reprehensible people ever involved in Scottish football.  They've funnelled money from local businesses and fans towards criminals and scam artists, have blown huge amounts of cash on useless players, terrible managers and had boards stuffed with characters who'd struggle to pass a fit and proper person test to get an account at Costco.  Their fans are the most perma-raging gaggle of seething idiots to emerge from the rubble of their barely inhabitable excuse for a city.  Building up an inferiority complex over years of being sworded by their clearly superior rivals has turned them into probably the most psychologically damaged group of people in the whole country, if we had less stringent gun laws you can bet that Dens park would be the epicentre of all mass shootings in Britain.

I'm certainly looking forward to Caley dishing out an absolute kicking to this horrifying outfit.  With any luck their latest owners are exposed as money laundering criminals in short order and the whole club can be liquidated and all their fans immediately eaten by bears.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I doubt there is a team more worthy of utter contempt and disgust in Scottish football than Dundee FC.  For almost the entire modern period of Scottish football they have lurched from one crisis to another, they've burned through money, embraced some of the most vile and reprehensible people ever involved in Scottish football.  They've funnelled money from local businesses and fans towards criminals and scam artists, have blown huge amounts of cash on useless players, terrible managers and had boards stuffed with characters who'd struggle to pass a fit and proper person test to get an account at Costco.  Their fans are the most perma-raging gaggle of seething idiots to emerge from the rubble of their barely inhabitable excuse for a city.  Building up an inferiority complex over years of being sworded by their clearly superior rivals has turned them into probably the most psychologically damaged group of people in the whole country, if we had less stringent gun laws you can bet that Dens park would be the epicentre of all mass shootings in Britain.

I'm certainly looking forward to Caley dishing out an absolute kicking to this horrifying outfit.  With any luck their latest owners are exposed as money laundering criminals in short order and the whole club can be liquidated and all their fans immediately eaten by bears.

... as I said, more of the same from the last game please.

Related image

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You're probably one of the fucking backwards b*****ds who was yelling to the Braveheart speech outside a pub in outer Inverness with your bearded, dungaree clad, filthy b*****d old pals that I seen a few years ago. Proper muppets and a true story.

Pipe up like that on Saturday and ill lay my dome onto your hairy wee pallet and send you down the road with Hooleys esque tears wetting your filthy scraggly pus.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

So...you don't like Dundee then?

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

So...you don't like Dundee then?

I actually really like Dundee, I'm just trying to turn this into a grudge match so @RiG gets in a big fight when he's at the game.  Hopefully, for his sake it's that Dundee fan that watched his dad get battered that starts on him.

9ZOgqGO.png

You're probably one of the fucking backwards b*****ds who was yelling to the Braveheart speech outside a pub in outer Inverness with your bearded, dungaree clad, filthy b*****d old pals that I seen a few years ago. Proper muppets and a true story.
Pipe up like that on Saturday and ill lay my dome onto your hairy wee pallet and send you down the road with Hooleys esque tears wetting your filthy scraggly pus.
Thank you.

Oooft.

Well I am afraid that ICTChris has gone OTT. But Dungdee are there for the taking. I fer one am not willing to pay the entrance fee - that is a disgrace. I would grudge paying that at Tannadice but at least you are expecting end to end, flowing football and not the dire lets win 1-0 mentality. I go to Tannadice wishing for a point - I go to Dens expecting a point at least. I don't expect a prompt response as most of the dungdee fans appear to post on the United threads !!

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

bro.gif