Alloa vs Arbroath

46 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I’m pretty sure Alloa offered him a contract the summer he came back to us. And what attitude are you on about?

We did, but that was the Jack Ross Alloa team 😍 and Hammy would have been cover. He was right to go to Arbroath.

I certainly don't agree that he was a failed Alloa player. He struggled for the first half of the season in a shite team. After the arrival of Jack Ross and with a more pragmatic role and style he was effective. We held Rangers twice and beat Hibs. There is no reason at all for Alloa fans to be shouting abuse at him based on his time at the Recs. 

16 hours ago, Waspie said:

We did, but that was the Jack Ross Alloa team 😍 and Hammy would have been cover. He was right to go to Arbroath.

I certainly don't agree that he was a failed Alloa player. He struggled for the first half of the season in a shite team. After the arrival of Jack Ross and with a more pragmatic role and style he was effective. We held Rangers twice and beat Hibs. There is no reason at all for Alloa fans to be shouting abuse at him based on his time at the Recs. 

Spot on. We started to see a player in Hammy second half of that season. I think Hammy is tarnished a bit by playing for the club in a relatively poor campaign overall (which still contained the aforementioned high points). A decent guy too who I know still keeps in touch with some of the Alloa fans. It all worked out for the best though. Alloa signed the impressive Callum Waters to replace him (who incidentally was at last weeks game- spoke to him at full time) and Hammy has clearly gone on to be a popular player amongst the Arbroath support.

I took this photograph.  The truth is I didn't even notice he was doing what he was doing when I posted.  
I was embarrassed after seeing it on here I deleted the image of my flickr account, as Hammy is a top, top bloke and would do anything for anyone.   
It was well after the full time whistle as the Arbroath players went over to the Arbroath fans and I presume Hammy had friends or family in the crowd as he lives not a million miles away, also a few other players came over to talk to their families.  It was in the far corner of the ground where only the Arbroath fans were situated, far away from any Alloa supporters.
I'm sure all opposition fans of how players perform at their club, but with over 200 appearances for Arbroath and two league winners medals he is an Arbroath legend.
Anyone who was at the meeting last night with Ian Campbell knows just what Hammy's character is like, and makes his performance on Saturday even more remarkable.

No need to apologise, some people just can’t take a laugh and joke