Alloa vs Arbroath

Deserved win, should of been further ahead in first half,
Alloa will be punished more by better teams trying to play out from back, 
Think is clear we need another winger, cant see a striker coming in if we continue witj 1 up front unless one of the current lot are moved on 

I think Spence has come on leaps and bounds and Doris puts himself about its Donnelly as the last option that needs improved on I think

But yeah another wide man with some pace be good although thought McKenna was superb out there tiday

Yep we were grim . poor stuff still not sure about  PG this was not Alloa today , get it sorted PG or GTF
Thats a bit harsh . we were second all over the park today just didn't get going we did miss the big captain . bad day at the office but the Gaffer has only been in 8 weeks we don't become a bad team overnight . no one got pass marks today but harsh to say GTF

Deserved win and  could’ve won by more, really happy with the start we’ve made, solid point at home and a clean sheet, really unlucky not to get soemthing at Inverness and well worth the win today. More difficult games to come though. 

It was great to get a performance like that after logging on this morning to see the complete negativity about the loan signings, think fans fail to realise the overall effect loan players have on the rest of the squad, everyone lifted their game today and I’d put that Down to looking over the shoulder and the general competition for places.

Thats a bit harsh . we were second all over the park today just didn't get going we did miss the big captain . bad day at the office but the Gaffer has only been in 8 weeks we don't become a bad team overnight . no one got pass marks today but harsh to say GTF

2 goal win tho aye?

Deserved win and  could’ve won by more, really happy with the start we’ve made, solid point at home and a clean sheet, really unlucky not to get soemthing at Inverness and well worth the win today. More difficult games to come though. 
It was great to get a performance like that after logging on this morning to see the complete negativity about the loan signings, think fans fail to realise the overall effect loan players have on the rest of the squad, everyone lifted their game today and I’d put that Down to looking over the shoulder and the general competition for places.

No being funny but that was already happening in that position which was the point

No many people looking over their shoulders in a couple positions

Can’t complain about the score it was probably lucky it wasn’t more, Alloa were poor in every area of the park. It was clear the Campbell boys done their homework and closed Alloa’s main players down not given them any time to play. Alloa were disjointed could not put any sort of possession together without given the ball away after two or three passes. Lots of players looked devoid of any confidence.

Don’t understand why Hetherington was not subbed at halftime after the stupidest challenge to pick up the yellow then followed up with a crazy tackle 2 minutes later where he could have went. The 5 minutes into second he put another stupid challenge in and got off with it. For sending off challenge there was no need for it at all the lad was going nowhere a complete idiot today.

Really poor performance today. There isn't anything wrong with a passing game and playing the ball out from the back but it has to be done right. Playing 442, is always going to leave you struggling in midfield, and you have to have another option or teams can press right up on you safe in the knowledge that you're not going to exploit the space in behind.

I can understand that Peter Grant wants Flannigan in a position where he can get on the ball and dictate play, but too often Flanny was pretty much our deepest player and the defensive side of his game just isn't strong enough (hence the big mistake for the goal).

A lot of work needed for us (and we can't underestimate the impact of not having Andy Graham) but well done to Arbroath who were easily the better team today.

Hard to watch today but some of the shouting at the players and manager were a bit OTT I think.

Thought we were starting to work our way into the game with Thomson coming on causing a few problems but the sending off killed it in the end

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
2 hours ago, whereismillar said:
Yep we were grim . poor stuff still not sure about  PG this was not Alloa today , get it sorted PG or GTF

We will see … if he doesn't sort it out you wont need me telling you , , but meantime you can GTF instead  ok? .

Thought we were starting to work our way into the game with Thomson coming on causing a few problems but the sending off killed it in the end

Stirling and Thomson coming on, along with the change to 4-5-1, certainly seemed to work a bit better but Hetherington's sending off stopped us from developing any real momentum.

No failures today everyone put in a good shift and the closing down of the Alloa players worked a treat the players worked their socks off doing it. It wasn't all about closing Alloa down though we played some good stuff and got in behind Alloa numerous times but couldn't find the killer touch to add to Bobby's goal which would have made it a bit more comfortable as one goal is always a precarious lead no matter how well you are playing and Alloa did have some chances. First win that's us off and running. As for Alloa was expecting a bit more from them tbh. 

3 hours ago, keptie said:

Played them off the park,should've been 3 or 4.

Pretty much exactly what I was telling folk who were asking how the game went.

What's all this gay parade stuff; some weird joke, or was there an actual gay pride event today? Surely nobody's surprised by those anymore. It would hardly be Alloa's first.

The worst we have played at the recs since Albion Rovers battered us in September 2017 . The shape of the team just isn't right and the players who played out from the back comfortably last season are struggling.  Woeful today and Arbroath well worth their win.  Herrington should have been off at half time as he was a red card waiting today just a matter of time when .  As I said , the worst we have been in 2 years easily . 

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but there's no doubt Arbroath were the better team and deserved to win by a goal or two.

Interesting of PG to swap Kev and Stevie H over, clearly to stop Linn coming inside onto his right foot. That worked quite well defensively, although Linn was still very dangerous and scored a really good goal, but I think we lost a little bit offensively and in our passing rhythm.

Dick Campbell had also learnt from the first game and Arbroath pressed us right back aggressively, snapping into tackles and not allowing Flanny or Wee Kev to play. Fair play to them, I thought they won the midfield battle by a margin. At times we even looked like we were being bullied.

We were better second half, but lacked a bit of composure when we did create chances or good positions. Thought Deas, partnered wirh Taggs, did well and we didn't seem to miss Andy Graham was much as I feared we would.

Wish we had Linn and O'Brien.

Played them off the park,should've been 3 or 4.