The Treble Treble Troublers vs Lawrence Shankland F.C

Absolutely no complaints with that, as much as we weren't great United were very, very good. Best performance I've seen at this level since County at the start of last season. 

Appere and McMullan were electric. 

Pawlett had a miss that was like Iwelumos but worse, if it was 4/5-1 we'd have no complaints. 

We were absolutely phenomenal in that first half, gave Dunfermline absolutely nothing.Second half some sloppiness crept in, but still looked very dangerous and should have scored at least another 2.

Not one poor performer but I thought Connelly, Smith and Appere were excellent. Butcher did well being brought in to defence.

Shankland speaks for himself, completely unplayable at points, and a shame he never scored the pen.

Onwards to Friday.

Utd were by far the better team, but I think it was as much do do with how shite the Pars were as it was Utd playing well.

Our defence was queuing up to give Utd chances in the first half.   How the feck we took Celtic to extra time, I'll never know.  In my extensive experience of being let down by Dunfermline Athletic a great performance has tended to be followed by a pile of pish.  I can only assume that they play well and then believe their own publicity and consequently lose all of their focus and intensity (across generations and multiple managers).

So far we've played brilliantly and drawn with Dundee., played sh1te and drawn with Queens, played brilliantly and lost to Celtic and played sh1te and lost to Utd.  That suggests a season where we'll be inconsistent and win some and lose some, without troubling the top or bottom of the league.  Standard championship season ahead, but hopefully some of it will be fun.

Utd were by far the better team, but I think it was as much do do with how shite the Pars were as it was Utd playing well.
Our defence was queuing up to give Utd chances in the first half.   How the feck we took Celtic to extra time, I'll never know.  In my extensive experience of being let down by Dunfermline Athletic a great performance has tended to be followed by a pile of pish.  I can only assume that they play well and then believe their own publicity and consequently lose all of their focus and intensity (across generations and multiple managers).
So far we've played brilliantly and drawn with Dundee., played sh1te and drawn with Queens, played brilliantly and lost to Celtic and played sh1te and lost to Utd.  That suggests a season where we'll be inconsistent and win some and lose some, without troubling the top or bottom of the league.  Standard championship season ahead, but hopefully some of it will be fun.
We will get the 'but they're youngsters' excuse but look at morton and ayr. They are doing better than us with less money.
Still hopeful of some good games though but we need more experience brought in.

Ironically thought Ashcroft had one of his better days in a Pars shirt today, considering how shite our defence was. Morrison was very poor, as was Beadling. Nisbet was absolutely dominated all game by Reynolds.
There were some positives to take from the second half, but absolute f**k all from the first half. If we could just have a consistent match where our arse doesn't fall out the back of us in one half we'd maybe be able to challenge for play offs.
Congrats to United though, probably their most convincing performance against us in recent years.

United looked streets ahead of us today. It was partly them playing very well and partly us being very poor but they’ll win this league very easily if they’re at that level most weeks. Shankland looks so sharp.

I know there’s been some stiff competition but that first half is as poor as I’ve seen Pars in a while. Constant aimless long balls, misplaced passes in our own half and players looking totally unsure of their responsibilities. I did appreciate the laugh at the end with Ashcroft getting MotM.

Amazingly the most disgusting thing of the day wasn’t our performance though. The old fat United fans that decided to go topless in the second half made me pray for blindness.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

United looked streets ahead of us today. It was partly them playing very well and partly us being very poor but they’ll win this league very easily if they’re at that level most weeks. Shankland looks so sharp.

I know there’s been some stiff competition but that first half is as poor as I’ve seen Pars in a while. Constant aimless long balls, misplaced passes in our own half and players looking totally unsure of their responsibilities. I did appreciate the laugh at the end with Ashcroft getting MotM.

Amazingly the most disgusting thing of the day wasn’t our performance though. The old fat United fans that decided to go topless in the second half made me pray for blindness.

Thank you so much.

I now have a real reason to be thankful for watching the game, because I didn't see them.

We looked dire didn't look like we knew how to defend and ever attack broke down. Second half was better tactics but didn't threaten often enough and lacked any real urgency. 

I'm glad we got that terrible performance out our system against a team that ought to beat us but we need to look a lot better next week.

Also I look forward to seeing the penalty again it looked like Turner had his hands well out the way.

Seems I'm in the minority but I don't think United were anything special, which is a bit worrying for us as they could have won by 4 or 5 and it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection on things. Shankland in particular will get the plaudits but he just doesn't look like a good footballer at all. Somehow he gets into great positions though and when the goalie helps you out, bang - two goals. His penalty was woeful though. Still think Clark is wasted playing in a wider position but it seems to be getting results and that is all Neilson and the United board will care about. McMullan was probably the stand out for me, he seems to have upped his game since last season. Pawlett's miss was sensational - had he fallen over the ball it would surely have went in - but he's clearly a fantastic option to have on the bench when our subs were basically a couple of kids and Danny Devine.

In terms of our "performance" - sheesh, where do we start? The shape and personnel were wrong, the defence looked on edge and couldn't deal with the press, Beadling had as poor a game as I can remember, Nisbet had one chance which he messed up but was so isolated it didn't matter what he could make of the long aimless punts to him, Ryan was terrible in about three different positions, Scully was back to his clown shoes best (why we are having him play out like Emerson or Neuer is one of life's mysteries), Lewis Martin was given no protection (I'd have kept Edwards in the team after last week) and it was only really the subs who get any credit from their cameos.

The only things I'd like to see again from the game today were two penalty incidents - the one given (and he was very quick to give it) looked very harsh as his hands appeared to be across his chest to negate the possibility of giving anything away and one not given at the other end when it looked like an outstretched arm blocked a shot. It likely would have made no difference but in a game with no real bad tackles I though the ref was quite poor and so I'd like to see if he at least got them correct.

United were superb the first half. Think our playing out from the back stuff is a bridge too far for the talent pool we have. We were very disjointed but United have to take credit for that.

Turner and McCann need to start next week.

Pars are very much a work in progress(that's putting it politely), where United are clear title favourites for me. Only complaint for me is the daft hand ball rules. 

58 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Seems I'm in the minority but I don't think United were anything special, which is a bit worrying for us as they could have won by 4 or 5 and it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection on things. Shankland in particular will get the plaudits but he just doesn't look like a good footballer at all. 

Oooft. You're entitled to your opinion but that's just dreadful.