Bully Wee v Bairns

Clyde rode their luck but their application and organisation deserved to be rewarded.

As for us. McKinnon can f**k off anytime for me.
Rode our luck? Nonsense.

Falkirk's only tactic was to float the ball into Mitchell's sticky hands.

Your team hardly created a decent chance. Certainly no more than Clyde.

I was pleasantly surprised how poor Falkirk were.

Falkirk were awful, clyde deserved to win.

Well done clyde
That's a better summary

8 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:
17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
PS that shithouse of a ballboy dived 

The exSevco dud who couldn't keep hens out a midden was spoken to by Plod after the match for striking a child. Doubtless some fans rate him but he's one of many Arabs receiving a wedge from Falkirk courtesy of McKinnon.

He took the ball out of his hands and the ballboy went down holding his face. Cammy been charged I take it?

I don't think anyone has been convinced that Ray is the man for the job. Whatever 'it' is, Ray does not have it. He had us in a position last year where we had a decent chance to stay up, and he fluffed it.

With the resources we have, in comparison to the rest of the league, Eddie May could take us to the title.

I would get shot of Ray now before it is too late.

Good result for Clyde, enjoy your night.

Edited by BairnBrainBrian

Our application and shear hard work today was outstanding. Falkirk had lots of the ball but looked pretty aimless to be honest. Before that outstanding save by Mitchell at the end, Clyde created the two best clear chances of the game, one of which resulted in the goal. 

Goodwillie was outstanding playing up on his own as was Grant. There were no failures today at all. 

Good to see a good crowd back at Broadwood. Big Falkirk support- looked seething when I walked past them at the end. 

Well that was fucking shite. Only 1 team deserved and attempted to win that game and sure as f**k it wasn’t us.

Ray McKinnon lost that game for us today his tactics and substitutions were just bewildering. I thought after last week he would’ve learned having such a narrow midfield isn’t working but nope we started with the diamond in midfield where at times you had the 4 of them within 10 yards of each other. Going forward that means all the width comes from our full-backs which when we’ve got joker Dixon at left-back softly crossing the ball directly to the ‘keeper at every opportunity. Even in the second half we started with a more orthodox 4-4-2 but still persisted with the aimless punts up the park. His last sub was just terrible management taking off Doyle and bringing Johnstone on up front which just killed any kind of shape we had as Dixon continued at left-back and nobody filled in at right-back.

Could go on and on about how garbage we were but fair play to Clyde who unlike us had some structure and organisation and actually had something about them on the ball. 3rd time I’ve seen Ray Grant and I’m such a big fan he’s everything that McShane should be for us and so much more.

I’ve never been completely against McKinnon but that utter shite today has really tipped me over the edge. If we are to win this game then we’re needing him punted ASAP. Dreadful manager.

When the game started I thought it was heading for a cracking atmosphere as both sets of fans seemed up for it.

However, after the goal, all I heard from the Falkirk fans was grumbling and sweetie papers rustling.

Thank you to the Clyde fans for keeping the atmosphere going.

19 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:
28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
PS that shithouse of a ballboy dived 

The exSevco dud who couldn't keep hens out a midden was spoken to by Plod after the match for striking a child. Doubtless some fans rate him but he's one of many Arabs receiving a wedge from Falkirk courtesy of McKinnon.

He’s a scummy *** b*****d and the Falkirk support were a disgrace for the way they reacted bullying a wee boy. Middle aged women  behind me screeching wit hatred to what looked like a 12 year old , get a grip 

He’s a scummy *** b*****d and the Falkirk support were a disgrace for the way they reacted bullying a wee boy. Middle aged women  behind me screeching wit hatred to what looked like a 12 year old , get a grip 
Posted by Yermawsacow.

Dry your fucking knickers Helen

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, that.

The corner count was 1-13. When I saw the line up on twitter pre-match I feared about that scoreline, expecting it to be a 451 with Howie Rumsby Petkov McNiff as the back 4 but was glad to see Lyon line up at right back and Petkov in midfield. Worked well too, although Petkov was clearly out on his arse in the last 15 mins. Rumsby and Howie were a lot better today (albeit playing against 2 static strikers who would only wait on the ball coming to them rather than attacking it) and Love done a good job backing up McNiff before coming off. Everyone else was excellent; a real team effort. In a complete contrasts to last week the substitutions proved to be right too, Smith getting us up the pitch a couple of times when we were really pinned back.

Falkirk fans have obviously mentioned how McKinnon has them playing dire football and f**k me they were right. I really feared a pumping today and they didn't impress me whatsoever. Telfer was more interested in arguing with the ref and their strikers were dire. Would agree with Marshmallo that it seemed a bit puzzling taking Tidser off when a few others should've been hooked first.

Didn't see the Cammy Bell incident but would guess it was blown out of proportion a little. Would've been absolute scenes if that Goodwillie overhead kick went in but was a good save to be fair.

Edited by C. Muir

It wasn’t the ball not that cost you the game. Bell apologised after so take from that what you will.

The fact the first time you looked like you could and should’ve scored was the 91st minute was. If your crosses weren’t overhit they were straight to Mitchell.

On the counter, and with a better ball we could’ve snuck another. But much better from us all over the park. A proper team performance from 1st to last minute.