Bully Wee v Bairns

Not a fan of Bell(end) but I thought all the ball -boy / goalie antics added to the theatre of the day. I'd be disappointed if the keeper was spoken to. 
Falkirk were well supported throughout and I was grateful they didn't bring their A game.  Clyde were unusually well organised and I felt Rumsby and Howie handled Salmon pretty well.

What makes you think we have an A game?

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Not a fan of Bell(end) but I thought all the ball -boy / goalie antics added to the theatre of the day. I'd be disappointed if the keeper was spoken to. 

A complaint was made to the Police, initiated presumably by either the parent / guardian of the ballboy or perhaps the Clyde official who's in charge of the kids. I know because I was sitting in reception at the time and the polis were taking statements there. 

They spoke to Bell and then (I think) the kid was taken to meet him. He got an apology and a signed Falkirk goalie top.

AFAIK that's all there was to it.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A complaint was made to the Police, initiated presumably by either the parent / guardian of the ballboy or perhaps the Clyde official who's in charge of the kids. I know because I was sitting in reception at the time and the polis were taking statements there. 

They spoke to Bell and then (I think) the kid was taken to meet him. He got an apology and a signed Falkirk goalie top.

That's exactly it. The wee guys Dad always tries to get gloves and shirts from goalkeepers as his son is a gk himself. Think all has ended well and that's the end of it. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Complaining to the police that your wean was assaulted and then deciding to leave it cause you get a signed Falkirk top 😂😂😂😂

Father of the year

Having seen us play both Falkirk and Raith now, I'd more than fancy raith to win the league but they are bottle jobs if seasons gone by are anything to look into. Falkirk just didn't seem to be up to much. Thought gomis/Gomez (however its spelt) was good for them but that's it really.

Grant was an absolute class act once again and the way we set up today was great. Offered a decent looking defence and when Rankin is back in front of the defence itll be better

5 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Having seen us play both Falkirk and Raith now, I'd more than fancy raith to win the league but they are bottle jobs if seasons gone by are anything to look into. Falkirk just didn't seem to be up to much. Thought gomis/Gomez (however its spelt) was good for them but that's it really.

Grant was an absolute class act once again and the way we set up today was great. Offered a decent looking defence and when Rankin is back in front of the defence itll be better

Falkirk are the biggest bottlers I know 

19 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

That's exactly it. The wee guys Dad always tries to get gloves and shirts from goalkeepers as his son is a gk himself. Think all has ended well and that's the end of it. 

Sounds like Clyde’s version of Gordon Sawers. 

8 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Grant was an absolute class act once again 

Grant could have been a Falkirk player. He was on trial with us, probably because of his brother, but he got crocked maybe 10-15 minutes into the game when he was playing as a trialist. It was around the time Paul Hartley arrived and was looking for new players.

Grant could have been a Falkirk player. He was on trial with us, probably because of his brother, but he got crocked maybe 10-15 minutes into the game when he was playing as a trialist. It was around the time Paul Hartley arrived and was looking for new players.

Thankfully for us Hartley is a dick then

7 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:
11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Hartley is a dick 

Sounds about right 😂😂😂

Was a terrific team performance thought Mitchell, Grant and Goodwillie were immense. Did fear the worst today just because of the way we've been playing hopefully this is a springboard to show the team the kind of performances we need week in week out.

Surprisingly great result ,  great team effort,  looked well organised for the first time this season.   Mitchell  save in the 91st min was outstanding, looked very assured from cross balls, something we haven't had for ages.  Lyons , Howie & Rumsby  were all solid, Goodwillie  is getting fitter every week, good battling performance from him today,  but what about Grant strolled through the game,  another effortless performance for him.

Really enjoyed the game ,  old school game with both stands being used,  great away support today ( think they deserve more than they got from their team today )  

Edited by shawfielder

Great performance and result today. The whole team played well but Grant was the stand out. Only negative was Petkov's poor passing.

Really surprised at Falkirk offered nothing but long balls all game.

Great crowd of 2408 felt like a game back in the old first division days hopefully more to come.

Full marks to Clyde they probably deserved that, still looked more threatening than us on their sporadic forays up the park in the 2nd half, Grant was outstanding and Goodwillie led the line superbly. Pass marks for Gomis but we were dire, slow, predictable and the final ball was invariably wasteful. The centre half won't have an easier game Sammon wasn't at the races ,though the service he was getting was dreadful.  The highlight of the game was the bellend behind me a man in his fifties losing his shit at the time wasting, that and the fact at the pie stall they had spelled crisps with an h 'chrisps.'

Fantastic turn out today by Falkirk fans I was really impressed and great to actually see away fans after spending far too long in League Two.

Thought we competed ok in the first half but Falkirk obviously edging it, great goal by Lamont who I thought had his best game in a Clyde top.. second half I felt like we had more space and time on the ball and it just got better as the game went on, when the players got the belief and confidence we kicked on and blew Falkirk away, last 20 minutes just passing the ball around so comfortable making good runs and a couple of decent chances probably could have been more, Div Mitchell made a few amazing saves to keep us in the game.

Impossible to pick a MOTM !! hopefully we can kick on from this.

The worst examples of timewasting today were when we were awarded throw ins in the Clyde half. There was no movement and we didn't have a fucking clue what to do, the thrower would take about 2 minutes to find an option.

Any chance we could practice some set-plays during the week? Those fucking corners...