Bully Wee v Bairns

32 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The leisure centre behind the goal of the never built 4th stand has them next to the main entrance. I'd also suggest any falkirk fans coming off at the auchenkilns junction go via Condorrat (north road) or continue to Mollinsburn and come back along Westfield Road. The rumour is the lights at the craiglinn interchange are meant to be getting switched back on the 23rd/24th August and a new home bargains store is opening on the friday or the saturday so  it could be a pain with traffic.

I pity the people going to a new Home Bargains shop rather than the football on a Saturday!

The personnel is bad in defence but I we need to go with a 3/5 to try and make ourselves at least semi-tough to break down. Would like to see Lennon on from the start in midfield too after a promising sounding debut from the bench tonight.

Edited by C. Muir

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was a ball boy behind that goal for that game. Remember Latapy trying to stay on his feet when he was fouled for the pen and John Potter claiming he was a "diving b*****d"... which he wasnt!

Latapy was a class act and that penalty was also class. 

Weve had some cracking games against Falkirk. Shame they left Brockville because I always liked going there.

BTTS and Falkirk to win is going on my coupon this week!

I dunno if there was a George Craig tent event or something of sort after the Latapy penalty game but my mate was speaking to him after the game somewhere(tent event rings a bell) and Latapy had said he took the penalty like that because Halliwell was in the papers saying Falkirk werent all that and they were gonna show us pre the above game.

A pure genius of a player whom many thought was probably a waste of a wage when signed, 6 or 7 seasons later left a legend

Get the highlights of the 6-1 game at Brockville on a pissing wet Tues evening 5th March 2002.......... hat-trick for Carrots (Brian Carrigan) and Leigh Hinds.......unexpected brilliant evening

Just a thought bring back both Brian and Leigh, should be in their 40's now and with 50 years old Danny in mid-field, and that could slow down the Mighty Bairns Champions elect juggernaut....

Seriously though, a tightened defensive formation and a focused 90 minutes on home 4g turf, need to be implemented. Falkirk are the level above at present, however they are there for the beaten, if the belief and effort are applied.............

Safe journey Bairns and do come in healthy numbers and enjoy your day (apart from a winning scoreline)

42 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Get the highlights of the 6-1 game at Brockville on a pissing wet Tues evening 5th March 2002.......... hat-trick for Carrots (Brian Carrigan) and Leigh Hinds.......unexpected brilliant evening

We had Neil Murray playing that night and his shorts were as white as he started with them, which sets the tone of how committed a lot of our players were that season.

I skipped college to watch the above game, it was day after my birthday and not even drink could help forget our pitiful display.

How has Mitchell performed ?

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We had Neil Murray playing that night and his shorts were as white as he started with them, which sets the tone of how committed a lot of our players were that season.

I skipped college to watch the above game, it was day after my birthday and not even drink could help forget our pitiful display.

How has Mitchell performed ?

Kevin Christie had a number of 'head in hands' moments that night 😁

19 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
21 hours ago, champions said:
Kevin Christie had a number of 'head in hands' moments that night emoji16.png

That name gives me nightmares

The fact he look a player when big Ivo was playing alongside him just shows you how good a player Ivo was. Guy was hopeless as soon as he left.

The clyde game at brockville on that Tuesday night was horrendous, one of the few games I every left early. I knew it was a Tuesday as we had a pool match after the game. Can also remember the game in the snow at shawfield, we always seemed to pump clyde through there back then! Hopefully we can keep thing going on Saturday with another good win.

Didn't realise Clyde had ripped out all the seats in the bottom tier. Assume we'll also be behind the goal when the top tier gets filled? 

Pretty certain most of the seats behind that goal are broken but that’s only going from some recent pics.

I was told by a Clyde fan at work that should we need it, the usual away section of the main stand would be given over. Doubt we will though if 2,000 seats are still ok in the East stand.