Bully Wee v Bairns

5 mins into this video. While the away stand wasn't full there was folk behind the goals aswell. Although judging by the reactions of some when the 2 Clyde goals went in it looks like it was a non segregated mixed support section. Unless it was Falkirk fans with us on their coupon. 

Seem to remember that stand behind the goal being used as a ‘family stand’ for a brief period. That might explain the mixed support in there.

We only had the stand behind the goals on a couple of occasions. Once was a cup game in 2004/2005 & the other was the season we won the league in 2003. Both had pretty decent attendances for Clyde from memory, over 3000 at one & 4000 at the other I think.

Nowhere near that on Sat though, would guess we may have 1500 through.
3,415 was the attendance for the league game in 02/03 and both teams challenging at the top of the old first division.

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Seem to remember a game against clyde when Latapy staggered his run up to a pe alty then dunked the ball over the diving keeper. Was that Clyde?

Late 04/05 I think. One of Espinola's matches for Clyde.

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Seem to remember a game against clyde when Latapy staggered his run up to a pe alty then dunked the ball over the diving keeper. Was that Clyde?

Yes we were in the stand opposite the main stand that day. 

54 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

He sure did game after we won the league against County.

Always enjoyed our games with Falkirk in the first division days. We shared a division for 5 seasons before Falkirk won promotion in 04/05. Our record over those 5 seasons was 5 wins, 7 draws, 8 defeats.

My personal top 3 matches vs Falkirk from that era would be:

3) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 0
08/01/05: Scottish Cup Round 3

Falkirk won the league this season and we didn’t manage to beat them on league business (2 draws, 2 defeats) but dished out a memorable pumping in the cup. Gary Bollans wonderstrike from near the halfway line being the main highlight between an Ian Harty double. We knocked out Ross county in the next round on route to a quarter final vs Celtic.

2) Falkirk 1 - Clyde 6
05/03/02: First Division

Having played Falkirk at Broadwood and lost 3-2 on the Saturday we travelled through to brockville a few days later for a rearranged match. It was pishing down all game but that didn’t dampen the celebrations as Leigh Hinds and Carrots both grabbed hatricks in a complete dismantling of a Falkirk side who only narrowly avoided relegation that year. Surprisingly, however, this was our only victory in the four meetings that season.

1) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 1
05/08/00: First Division

Hard to top a 6-1 away win but this match is one of my most memorable as a Clyde fan. The beginning of a 9 year spell in the first division as our newly promoted ‘juniors’ took on a fancied and experienced Falkirk side. It was the Adam Proudlock show as the on loan Englishman fired a brilliant hatrick before riding the corner flag like a hobby horse. He was recalled by wolves shortly after but what an impact he made in his short time with us! That was our only victory over Falkirk that season as they finished 3rd and we finished 5th.

I can remember being pumped out the Scottish Cup by Clyde (possibly the game mentioned above) in horrendous weather conditions. We definitely filled the stand along the side that night and had a couple of hundred fans in the stand behind the goal as well. ETA I also remember the game when Latapy 'Panenka'ed it, with the Clyde announcer twice asking over the tannoy if a Mr Jimmy Gilmour could contact the nearest steward...much to the amusement of the away support 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Always enjoyed our games with Falkirk in the first division days. We shared a division for 5 seasons before Falkirk won promotion in 04/05. Our record over those 5 seasons was 5 wins, 7 draws, 8 defeats.

3) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 0

Falkirk won the league this season and we didn’t manage to beat them on league business (2 draws, 2 defeats) but dished out a memorable pumping in the cup. Gary Bollans wonderstrike from near the halfway line being the main highlight between an Ian Harty double. We knocked out Ross county in the next round on route to a quarter final vs Celtic.

2) Falkirk 1 - Clyde 6

Having played Falkirk at Broadwood and lost 3-2 on the Saturday we travelled through to brockville a few days later for a rearranged match. It was pishing down all game but that didn’t dampen the celebrations as Leigh Hinds and Carrots both grabbed hatricks in a complete dismantling of a Falkirk side who only narrowly avoided relegation that year. Surprisingly, however, this was our only victory in the four meetings that season.

1) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 1

Hard to top a 6-1 away win but this match is one of my most memorable as a Clyde fan. The beginning of a 9 year spell in the first division as our newly promoted ‘juniors’ took on a fancied and experienced Falkirk side. It was the Adam Proudlock show as the on loan Englishman fired a brilliant hatrick before riding the corner flag like a hobby horse. He was recalled by wolves shortly after but what an impact he made in his short time with us! That was our only victory over Falkirk that season as they finished 3rd and we finished 5th.

Was only at the Scottish Cup one in that list so my favourite would be that along with the one in 03/04 when we were 2-0 down at half time and came back to win 4-2.

2 hours ago, David W said:

Late 04/05 I think. One of Espinola's matches for Clyde.

Seem to remember us being down to the bare bones that day meaning a very young David Greenhill and Kevin Bradley both started and we only had 2 subs named (1 of which was a goalie!)

3) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 0

2) Falkirk 1 - Clyde 6

1) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 1

Some horrific memories, in particular the latter two. Cheers for that.

Right that's fine but wee Russels goal now that was special lol

3) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 0

2) Falkirk 1 - Clyde 6

1) Clyde 3 - Falkirk 1

44 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Was only at the Scottish Cup one in that list so my favourite would be that along with the one in 03/04 when we were 2-0 down at half time and came back to win 4-2.

Seem to remember us being down to the bare bones that day meaning a very young David Greenhill and Kevin Bradley both started and we only had 2 subs named (1 of which was a goalie!)

That 4-2 game is one that is still etched permanently on my memory. I can remember each of the 6 goals like it was yesterday (particularly Marko's towering header), the red card, David Xausa missing sitters all over the place. One of my absolute top games ever.

There's a bit of trepidation but let's be honest, we'd rather be playing as underdogs against Falkirk with a huge attendance than having a nap disturbed by the Annan fans rustling their sweetie wrappers. 17 match unbeaten run at home to defend as well. Everyone knows we need to defend better but we'll need to create more chances and get more shots on target as well. Howie into the team for Rumsby please.

Memory is failing me, but the only game v Clyde I can remember is the 0-0 on a grim night at TFS, when the Clyde keeper celebrated at the end like he’d beaten Barcelona, despite them needing to beat us to stop us winning the league.  Bizarre.