Bully Wee v Bairns

44 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Don't really see how we'll find out about the latter tbh given that the boycott hasn't notably impacted our home gate.

We'll probably take something close to 800 through, normally travel well for the local games and there will be plenty who couldn't make Peterhead choking for an away game

With us taking 800 up to Peterhead I was hoping that we could take about 1,200 to Cumbernauld, no?

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Back in the old first division days nobody brought enough to fill the away stand. I can't remember the exact capacity of the away stand but think it should be large enough even with the missing seats in the first few rows.

I'm assuming it will be card payments on the away turnstiles too but hopefully the club have sense to have a cash turnstile as well.

You sure about that? I can remember 1 or 2 games against Falkirk where they had both the away stand and behind the goals. Maybe their support was spread out but and the away stand still wasn't full.

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

We'll find out on Saturday if Ray's strategy is to accept draws away from home & win most of our home games.

If he's had anyone watching us so far this season then accepts a draw he should be sacked right on full time.

A welcome return of the one of the iconic P&B fixtures. If the Bairns can shackle Harty then I think Duffy and Moutinho have enough about them to cause Potter and Mensing problems. 

Like the look of the lad Bryson in midfield. Reckon he'll go far in the game. 

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Back in the old first division days nobody brought enough to fill the away stand. I can't remember the exact capacity of the away stand but think it should be large enough even with the missing seats in the first few rows.

I'm assuming it will be card payments on the away turnstiles too but hopefully the club have sense to have a cash turnstile as well.

C. Muir has beaten me to it but I can vaguely remember Falkirk getting both stands at Broadwood. Might've been the 3-0 cup game and not the league, mind. I think Dunfermline got two stands once as well. 

On reflection though, you're probably right. Could probably fit everyone in the main stand tbh but would be good to see the away stand open again. 

per a couple of posts above I remember Falkirk filling the away pitch side stand and then starting to fill behind the goals.

I'd expect between 1000 and 1500 at this. it's near home we are top of the league etc etc. a couple of folks have mentioned on here it's there first game, so can see it being a very good turnout. prices look good too if what I saw on Clyde website for other games is right 15 for adult and 5 for under 16

On 18/08/2019 at 13:25, bridge of allan bairn said:

Likewise looking to get to this as my first game this season. always liked falkirk games at this stadium as its near home, we normally pretty much fill the away stand and a decent atmosphere.

very important game imo as a win means the first lacklustre game at peterhead was down to early season squad unfamiliarity and fitness. I hope we take the game to them and the score is what it is

One of the coldest grounds in Scotland, I have never enjoyed going there ever, only good thing my mind remembers is the Latapy penalty as we have been handed some skelpings at that ground over the years 

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

We'll find out on Saturday if Ray's strategy is to accept draws away from home & win most of our home games. Peterhead could've been a one-off due to the annual gelling phase but I'm not so sure.

We'll find out on Saturday if our avid boycotters are true to their word or just throwing a strop because we're in League One. 

All still far too early to tell where we are, I dont think we set out in a defensive manner against Peterhead, we were just shite.

Its more Rays attacking strategy  I have more concern with overall and not formation, we have the players to win this league but if we dont have an attacking formula we will see Saturdays effect come into action a fair bit this season

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

C. Muir has beaten me to it but I can vaguely remember Falkirk getting both stands at Broadwood. Might've been the 3-0 cup game and not the league, mind. I think Dunfermline got two stands once as well. 

On reflection though, you're probably right. Could probably fit everyone in the main stand tbh but would be good to see the away stand open again. 

5 mins into this video. While the away stand wasn't full there was folk behind the goals aswell. Although judging by the reactions of some when the 2 Clyde goals went in it looks like it was a non segregated mixed support section. Unless it was Falkirk fans with us on their coupon. 

Can't remember Falkirk ever having more than the away stand but my memory must not be as good as you guys. It'll be good to have the away stand open again and hopefully we get a decent home support too.

I think one of the Falkirk fans mentioned parking. The new retail park right next to Broadwood should be open. Only one shop will be opened by Sat so would expect there be plenty of spaces in there. No idea if there is any time limits on parking.

There is also Broadwood Farm, the away car park or the business park just up from the away car park. Home car park is a nightmare to get out of and gets busy quick.

Woukd give yourself plenty of time the roundabout next to Broadwood is usually at a standstill for the bigger crowds. There was also roadworks just after the m80 exit for Broadwood/Airdrie not sure if they are still there.

48 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

5 mins into this video. While the away stand wasn't full there was folk behind the goals aswell. Although judging by the reactions of some when the 2 Clyde goals went in it looks like it was a non segregated mixed support section. Unless it was Falkirk fans with us on their coupon. 

Hugh Dallas at his hopeless best.

It is 15 minutes from Falkirk. Closer than getting to TFS for some but most “home fans” won’t go.

I think it will be tough for us and would not be a surprise if we don’t win. Bring Peterhead, Celtic Colts and Montrose performances we won’t win. Dumbarton and it will be a walk in the park.

Clyde fan at work says they are brutal and fully expects a doing on Sat.

So, will probably be 1-0 Clyde.

There used to be parking behind the away stand.  Is that gone now?

It's not as big as it used to be with a Skate park being build down the bottom end of it a few years ago but still plenty parking there. Disabled fans can park at the main stand provided G4S aren't being unbelievable bellends as per usual.

Can't remember Falkirk ever having more than the away stand but my memory must not be as good as you guys. It'll be good to have the away stand open again and hopefully we get a decent home support too.

I think one of the Falkirk fans mentioned parking. The new retail park right next to Broadwood should be open. Only one shop will be opened by Sat so would expect there be plenty of spaces in there. No idea if there is any time limits on parking.

There is also Broadwood Farm, the away car park or the business park just up from the away car park. Home car park is a nightmare to get out of and gets busy quick.

Woukd give yourself plenty of time the roundabout next to Broadwood is usually at a standstill for the bigger crowds. There was also roadworks just after the m80 exit for Broadwood/Airdrie not sure if they are still there.

We only had the stand behind the goals on a couple of occasions. Once was a cup game in 2004/2005 & the other was the season we won the league in 2003. Both had pretty decent attendances for Clyde from memory, over 3000 at one & 4000 at the other I think.

Nowhere near that on Sat though, would guess we may have 1500 through.

Clyde fan at work says they are brutal and fully expects a doing on Sat.

So, will probably be 1-0 Clyde.
the defence certainly is brutal , in fact he is being kind . Going forward we are looking fine scored in every game this season. so there will certainly be goals. hopefully a real off day from the falkirk fowards and I mean it would have to be the off day of all off days and we could get a draw