Bully Wee v Bairns

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Last picture I saw of the away stand I noticed that half of the seats were missing. Still the case?

The first few rows are getting replaced I think. No idea if it'll be in time for Saturday mind you. Would maybe make sense to cordon off the away section of the main stand as well just in case there's an overspill. How many are you likely to bring through?

The first few rows are getting replaced I think. No idea if it'll be in time for Saturday mind you. Would maybe make sense to cordon off the away section of the main stand as well just in case there's an overspill. How many are you likely to bring through?
Back in the old first division days nobody brought enough to fill the away stand. I can't remember the exact capacity of the away stand but think it should be large enough even with the missing seats in the first few rows.

I'm assuming it will be card payments on the away turnstiles too but hopefully the club have sense to have a cash turnstile as well.

If Mckinnon doesnt try his usual shitfest away tactics like he did at Peterheid we should find games like this easier than those at home. Clubs are more likely to come at us in their own grounds so we should be sticking as attacking a team out as possible. Knowning Mckinnon though he'll have as many sitting midfielders as he can muster.

Missing this one unfortunately, hopefully we can kick on a bit, from what the old man was telling me, we battered Montrose but just couldn’t get the ball in the net, Ive only seen us up at Peterhead but looks like McKinnon half knows his side now, get an early goal and we should be able to get the 3 points.

It is 15 minutes from Falkirk. Closer than getting to TFS for some but most “home fans” won’t go.

I think it will be tough for us and would not be a surprise if we don’t win. Bring Peterhead, Celtic Colts and Montrose performances we won’t win. Dumbarton and it will be a walk in the park.

We'll find out on Saturday if Ray's strategy is to accept draws away from home & win most of our home games. Peterhead could've been a one-off due to the annual gelling phase but I'm not so sure.

We'll find out on Saturday if our avid boycotters are true to their word or just throwing a strop because we're in League One. 

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is 15 minutes from Falkirk. Closer than getting to TFS for some but most “home fans” won’t go.

I think it will be tough for us and would not be a surprise if we don’t win. Bring Peterhead, Celtic Colts and Montrose performances we won’t win. Dumbarton and it will be a walk in the park.

Mates seen Clyde 3 times and says they are brutal. Goodwillie struggling for fitness and all over the place at the back. If Mckinnon lets the shackles off we should win comfortably. No guarantee that will happen unfortunately.

What's the parking like at Broadwood? I think we had a home game there for some reason where Leahy scored a screamer but I can't remember the set up. For the Clyde fans, you seem quite despondent, what's the goal for this season? Is it 8th place or preseason did you think you should be aiming for the top half/playoffs?

I was also there a good few years ago at a Clyde v Hamilton game just after Billy Reid jumped ship, the fury from the home stand was incredible. Saw one guy get huckled out screaming Reids home address and his sons workplace at him.

For us I'd like us to set up with a better shape, the back 4 is fine, Doyle bombs on like a winger and Dixon is more conservative but i don't really understand how the midfield is supposed to set up. Seems like everyone is bunched up in the centre of the park and the strikers seem happy enough dropping off to the wings to get an attack going. I just think that we could set up a bit more simply and get the best out of our attacking players.

We'll find out on Saturday if Ray's strategy is to accept draws away from home & win most of our home games. Peterhead could've been a one-off due to the annual gelling phase but I'm not so sure.
We'll find out on Saturday if our avid boycotters are true to their word or just throwing a strop because we're in League One. 
Don't really see how we'll find out about the latter tbh given that the boycott hasn't notably impacted our home gate.

We'll probably take something close to 800 through, normally travel well for the local games and there will be plenty who couldn't make Peterhead choking for an away game

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

That's a strange comment. Out with rangers and celtic as they sell out their away allocations, how many teams in Scotland take the exact number of away fans as they do at home games?