Mo vs No Mo Money Thistle

jagfox

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Some amount of interest in this one so far... 

Struggling to feel up for this after our start to the season, although it's a ground I'd like to tick off the list. 

Pub recommendations? 

Sharky's the shark attack theme bar for the sheer novelty of it. Although they seem to be more of a food place nowadays based on TripAdvisor. 

Market Arms on the main street is always ok when we've been in the past.

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

Some amount of interest in this one so far... 

Struggling to feel up for this after our start to the season, although it's a ground I'd like to tick off the list. 

Pub recommendations? 

Aside from The Market and Sharkeys I'd also recommend The Black Horse and The Albert.

Much as I'm a sucker for going to this game  novelty bars, I can't see anything theme related about this Sharkey's place from the photos on google, I was really hoping for a Feargal Sharkey themed bar if I'm being honest.

Was going to say I'm surprised at how poor a start Montrose have made and talk a bit about football then I realised I really don't give a f**k about this game and I'm only going for the piss-up and the novelty of a ground I was last at as a wee boy some 27 years ago.

Only going to this game because it's another ground to tick off the list. Assuming Cole will need to start since we don't have many other centre-midfielders given Gordon and Palmer are away on international duty.

Will Caldwell get sacked if we lose this? Probably not. 

We were OK, the Mo were not good.

Reece Cole is Gary Fraser MK2, loves coming  deep to take the ball off the centre halves then pinging a 60 yard pass to the nearest seagull. That 35 yard free kick off the bar was stauner-inducing tho. If we play him every game between now and the end of the season he'll have one goal of the season candidate but there will be a lot of shite to wade through.

I was and am against us signing Kenny Miller but fair fucks, for a guy who doesn't need the money (I hope) he runs around as much as he did in his younger days albeit at 60% speed and took his goal well. Big Sena had 3 appearances today: his first, last, and only.

Montrose - and I really don't want to sound patronising- is a lovely wee town almost designed for a football away day, with the proximity of the ground to the station, staiotn to pubs, and the Aldi next to the station for a cargo on the way back, even walked back through that Railway Close on the way back expecting to get my head stoved in by some local youths but it didn't happen.