Annan v Rovers

Annan should be embarrassed with there gamesmanship today rolling about like they’re being shot every minute and wasting time at every goal kick and throw in with the referee to scared to show any cards to the Annan team.Plus the goalkeeper falling over screaming trying to get our striker sent of for nothing and even a few Annan fans chuckled at that.

I think even Annan fans will admit there players were a disgrace to Scottish football today.

Not to worry about the referee because the assessor was there today and if he watched the same game as us the referee will be in the lowland league next week.

1 hour ago, Rovers programme boy said:

Annan should be embarrassed with there gamesmanship today rolling about like they’re being shot every minute and wasting time at every goal kick and throw in with the referee to scared to show any cards to the Annan team.Plus the goalkeeper falling over screaming trying to get our striker sent of for nothing and even a few Annan fans chuckled at that.

I think even Annan fans will admit there players were a disgrace to Scottish football today.

Nothing like a wee bit of hyperbole! 😄

I was there today as a (relative) neutral with some Annan sympathies. Feared for Annan early on after their slow start and a bad error led to them falling behind but Rovers couldnt deal with the long high ball into their box for Nade or Muir all day. Keystone Cop defending saw them fall 3-1 behind. No idea about the penalty award from my angle but Rovers didnt otherwise look like scoring again. Annan's style wasnt pretty but it was effective and they deserved to win.

The time wasting was obvious but no more than I would expect from any other side holding onto a 3-2 lead. I would expect the same from our players.

Aaron Taylor was pretty embarrassing though. I was embarrassed for him to be honest, the unnecessary rolling around was that bad! Pretty pathetic. Didnt notice it from any of the outfield players though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Another goal fest. Unfortunately the wee Rovers on the wrong end this time. I will be in Glasgow next weekend, I think I am going to take myself along to Cliftonhill and watch the Rovers take on Brechin. Watch, it'll be a 0-0 draw now. 😄

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The time wasting was obvious but no more than I would expect from any other side holding onto a 3-2 lead. I would expect the same from our players.

Yeah, there is a real double standard with that kind of thing. Had that been Rovers yesterday, I'd have been turning a blind eye to it, or even laughing at it.

Anyway, it wasn't Rovers as we threw away a decent start and lead. Once again, we failed to deal with simple balls into the box. The Gayfield-style wind didn't help but Annan managed to cope with that so it's not an excuse.

Still, as is becoming my mantra, it's a hell of an improvement on the Year Brogan!