Your Club's Recruitment

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A Hearts fans has run down the recruitment undertaken by his club over the past few seasons.

http://www.talkhearts.co.uk/thread-6451.html

Can your club match the incompetence? I want similar lambasting of the utter muck signed.

The best striker we've signed in 5 years is Brian Graham on loan. I'd post the list of strikers we've signed but it would make me sick to lay it out in its full glory, tbh.

I think last summer's transfer window was our worst since transfer windows came into being, with the caveat that this summer's window might well beat it.

We signed the following guys who have since moved on:

Cammy Bell (Falkirk)
Jack Storer (Mickleover sports)
Aaron Lennox (Montrose)
Max Melbourne (still somehow on the books at West Brom)
Andrea Mutombo (Swiss 2nd tier)
Soulemayne Coulibaly (Tunisian league)
Dan Jeffries (Penybont FC, Wales)
Jai Quitongo (fugitive without club after spell in Iran)
Brice Ntambwe (just got Sol Campbell sacked at Macclesfield)
Tam Scobbie (also without club)

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No moreso than the St Johnstone poster.

Lots and lots of bad recruitment these days, with short contracts and the rapid turnover of squads.  Nobody can live with Falkirk on this though.  

I beg to differ.

Falkirk win this by an absolute mile, it had everything, the extremely gullible fanbase who were adament they were signing great players, the fall from grace was severe resulting in them getting relegated from a brutal, brutal division. 

Given time they'll laugh about it, could take time. 

Falkirk win this by an absolute mile, it had everything, the extremely gullible fanbase who were adament they were signing great players, the fall from grace was severe resulting in them getting relegated from a brutal, brutal division. 
Given time they'll laugh about it, could take time. 

In the meantime though the rest of us can laugh at it.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How's Diego?

Thank you

Fine thanks.

He is really loving life in Dundee and now stays clear of trouble.

He joined the local youth club when we first moved down and now he runs it. A true pillar of the community, I think it's called the 'Young Lochee Fleet'? 

He is a good cat.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I beg to differ.

The big feature with Falkirk though is that the recruitment was on such a big scale and it was almost entirely composed of players from outside Scotland, so it involved people, mainly Hartley, thinking they were being clever, producing a succession of exotic rabbits from hats.

If comparing to a team like Dundee, you also need to factor in the respective leagues the teams got relegated from.  Dundee didn't recruit as they did with the aspiration of winning the League in mind.  Falkirk did however, and as one of the biggest clubs, they should really have been in the running to do so, especially if casting an expensive net far and wide.

Sorry, but it's Falkirk.  Unlike their side last season, they cannot be beaten here.  Hats off.