Peterhead v Dumbarton

Embarrassing that, no fight at all. The amount of times under Mcinally, especially in recent seasons, where we have bottled from a winning position is unbelievable. Whenever we score we just seem to drop deep and let the opposition batter us. Fear for us this season if we continue at that standard

48 minutes ago, bluetoonscotty said:

The amount of times under Mcinally, especially in recent seasons, where we have bottled from a winning position is unbelievable. Whenever we score we just seem to drop deep and let the opposition batter us.

I, for one, am truly stunned at this development.

A true meeting of the managerial minds here.

IMG_1566034068.646287.jpg.e6be8951c88d9744a4841c805cf55019.jpg

Needless to say it didn’t disappoint.

Jim McInally.

9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg

Bottling a two goal lead at home to one of the most abject rabbles in Scottish football.

9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg

The gift that just keeps on giving.

Happy bus on monster journey. A lot easier after that.

horrible start had me fearing worse.goal before half time and second half was a lot better.

my best for were  crossan and McKee but all take credit for come back

layne isolated in first half but his goal may boost his confidence

credit to Fleming in goal for taking my drivel in good spirit and acknowledging at end of game.

hopefully a start

Extremely unexpected after going down 2-0 but great to see. As has been said at least the team have some fight in them.

I still expect us to be on the receiving end of some doings this season but having the ability to grind out a few results like today could be vital in staying up.

This should not come as any surprize to us time & again when getting a lead we sit back & invite the other team to have a go. After a decent start today & going two up we started going side to side & back to goal for no real reason, said at the time we needed to press on & get a third to kill it off but sure enough got caught out before half time & after that there was only one team playing football & they were not wearing blue. We have seen this quite regularly & not sure what the answer is but apart from the early league cup games we have been going backwards which is going to take a bit of turning round. Dumbarton did what they had to well but disappointed not to have pressed them at their end of the pitch.

Well done to all players involved today,and also to Jim Duffy.
I must admit I did not foresee a positive outcome today.
To me it sums up what supporting DFC has always been about.Unpredictability in the face of adversity.
I know one swallow does not make a summer,and it will be a long and difficult season,but it has been a timely boost for all supporters.

That was well worth the journey. Another ground ticked off, a great comeback to claim three points, backing the Sons to win at half time winning £210 and now enjoying a fish supper in Bervie. Life is good this evening!

50 minutes ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

Well done to all players involved today,and also to Jim Duffy.
I must admit I did not foresee a positive outcome today.
To me it sums up what supporting DFC has always been about.Unpredictability in the face of adversity.
I know one swallow does not make a summer,and it will be a long and difficult season,but it has been a timely boost for all supporters.

That’s very true. Over the years we’ve been pretty good at pulling a result out of the bag when it was unexpected.

And today was extremely unexpected.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Isaac Layne receiving a lot of plaudits from Sons fans on twitter, be great if we finally have someone who can lead the line. I await @Jan Vojáček match report with bated breath.

Wait no longer...Also big ups to both Jim's being out the dressing room within 15 minutes. About time I got away earlyish!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/peterhead-2-3-dumbarton-laynes-18955144