The SPFL's next league title sponsor.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ladbrokes-sponsorship-spfl-end-after-18939561?2

So this will be the last season Ladbrokes will sponsor:-

1. Scottish Premiership 
  2. Scottish Championship
  3. Scottish League 1
  4. Scottish League 2

I kind of saw it coming when Ladbrokes removed their in stadium advertisements and sleeve branding.

Who thinks we will be able to get a sponsorship?

Will it be from the same industry?

Or will we return to a sponsorless couple of seasons with reduced prize money?

Edited by Im_Rodger

My prediction is that they will get a new sponsor from a different industry but the first contract will be less lucrative than the Ladbrokes deal

Regardless of what happens I don't think it's as doom and gloom as some people are trying to make it out to be.  Here in Canada there was the same amount of pants wetting going on when Tobacco sponsorship was being banned and people were worried that all sorts of sporting (and other) events would go tits up but the reality is that we still have a F1 race, the Canadian Open tennis tournament is still a big tournament,, the Montreal Just for Laughs comedy festival is still a major talent showcase,  the Canadian Women's open golf tournament is still one of the most lucrative events on the LPGA tour and the list goes on. 

The Johnny Walker, Marlboro league.  But since paddypower are doing that save our shirt thing they might do the same with the actual league.  It’d cost them f**k all.  But they should insist on having their name branded at ibrox advertising boards.

Edited by Lofarl
Bantz

I think the betting industry has been unfairly treated the past year or 2. 

The UK Government has placed the blame of a lot of their failures onto the betting industry.

Worst thing is a lot of people are in agreement that the betting industry have some of the most evil corporations in the world. 

The UK government have backed them so far into a corner they have been left powerless other than to remove nearly all their advertisements (including title sponsorship of the SPFL).

The UK Government has placed the blame of a lot of their failures onto the betting industry.
Worst thing is a lot of people are in agreement that the betting industry have some of the most evil corporations in the world. 
The UK government have backed them so far into a corner they have been left powerless other than to remove nearly all their advertisements (including title sponsorship of the SPFL).

The betting industry includes paddy power, which alone is probably enough for everyone involved to be executed.

They’ve gotten off lightly imo.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ladbrokes-sponsorship-spfl-end-after-18939561?2

So this will be the last season Ladbrokes will sponsor:-

1. Scottish Premiership 
  2. Scottish Championship
  3. Scottish League 1
  4. Scottish League 2

I kind of saw it coming when Ladbrokes removed their in stadium advertisements and sleeve branding.

Who thinks we will be able to get a sponsorship?

Will it be from the same industry?

Or will we return to a sponsorless couple of seasons with reduced prize money?

Tunnocks would be some laugh

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Each division could be named after a different product. 

Caramel Wafer Premiership

Teacake Championship

Snowball League One

Caramel Log Division Two

Teacakes should probably be the Premier sponsor. They are, after all, the Daddy.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Hmmm! As someone who used to work in the betting industry when it was about gambling, for the Tote and Mecca, I must beg to differ. Bookmaking is an honourable occupation. It involves making a book and profits are dependent on the accuracy of the analysis of a variety of information that resulted in that book being made. If mistakes have been made, informed gamblers will take down a bookmaker's pants. "Bunco Booth" schemes that provide guaranteed, risk-free profits from numbers rackets and glorified one-armed bandits have nothing to do with bookmaking and arguably nothing to do with gambling. They are targeted at the downtrodden, the desperate and the destitute and are played in disproportionate numbers by vulnerable people of low intelligence and mental instability. Numbers rackets that provide risk-free profits for private companies should be banned. Such schemes should be solely for the good of charitable causes or a mechanism through which the government raises money. All the big firms of modern so-called "bookmakers" are gutless, parasitic vermin. Personally, I'd nationalise off-course bookmaking tomorrow.