Elgin City -vs- Stenhousemuir

Elgin City, one of the (many) dark horses in League 2 this season, welcome Stenhousemuir to Borough Briggs on Saturday. Although I'm looking forward to making the journey north with my friends, I'm not too sure we'll get a result here. It's a long way to go, we never seem to do well against Elgin, and we haven't been too hot so far (a decent showing against Edinburgh City on Tuesday night notwithstanding).

It'll be interesting to see how Stenhousemuir line up for this match. Colin McMenamin mixed up his starting XI and his formation against the Citizens and I'm wondering if he'll do the same here. Who will make way for Andy Munro in the back three? Have Thomas Halleran and Kieran Gibbons done enough to retain their places in midfield?And who will lose out up front? Ryan Watters got two against Edinburgh, should he start? David Hopkirk has two in two league matches, what about him? Does Mark McGuigan deserve to continue as the principle striker? Should Kieran Anderson replace him?

I'm glad it's not me that has to worry about this kind of thing! I'd maybe go with:

- Mark McGuigan - Kieran Anderson -

- David Hopkirk -

- Alan Cook - Thomas Halleran - Jamie McKernon - Liam Scullion -

- David Marsh - Andy Munro - Chris O'Neil -

- Graeme Smith -

It's difficult to leave out boys like Scott McLaughlin (performed above expectations since signing) and Ryan Watters but this gives us a good array of attacking options and balance in the middle of the park. Have McKernon playing in front of the defence and allowing Halleran to push on and work with the forwards could be neat. We probably won't go with anything like this at all.

As always, the heart says we'll take something from this but the head says we'll probably come away empty-handed.

I expect a comfortable (goal wise) home win. With the exception of the midweek Brechin game, the defence have been a lot tighter than last season and we've not been shipping goals. Shane and Kane (Shakane?) are turning into a great partnership and I expect both to score. I think I read on here that some Stenny fans didn't rate Dingwall last season,so he'll be out to prove them wrong. 3-0.

Cautiously optimistic about this- the ghosts of last season’s home performances are still affecting my confidence. We look pretty good at the moment especially with a few guaranteed starters injured. Tuesday aside the defence looks way better this season so hoping a couple of goals will see us through. 2-1 City!

Last time we played Stenny at home we won 2-0 in the pishing rain and howling wind and Stenny were offside more than any team I've ever seen in a single game. It was the first of only 2 occasions we have won 3 consecutive games since January 2017.

No way Anderson will start. Watters might thou.

Tough game which I won't make now but got a feeling we could do the job.

1-3. Mcguigan x2, Hopkirk & a late Brandon Luke goal from the bench to finish it off
Egg on my face here. Surprised he started Anderson when watters got 2 during the week and my reports on Ando weren't great.

Well deserved 3 points for Stenny today.
We were very poor in all aspects of the game. Not a single shot on target tells it's own story.
We looked tired and although there wasn't much time the ball was played on the deck at all, any time it was it was Stenny attempting to play a bit.
No complaints about the result at all.

Agree with super Elgin City. I have not seen  Elgin in a proper game this season and was very disappointed at the performance. There was no energy in the team and far too many long balls from the defence giving those up front little chance. Dingwall works hard though on today's display lacked a creative  touch. McEwan was poor and contributed little. The two centre backs were strong but need to improve their distribution. Yet another bad injury with McKay breaking his ankle. Very little real quality on the bench. Hope this is only a blip and next week against QP will be a good test of the team's character. The better team won.