Sacked Because Dog Died

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No doubt we've been over this before, but I understood Millennials incorporate anyone born from 1980 to the early 2000s.

I swear this shit changes. I remember reading that I was Generation Y before they started being called Millennials, now it looks like I've been Generation X all along. I look forward to sliding back into the Baby Boomers and receiving my substantial savings fund and enormous sense of entitlement  :D

I believe Millennials are those who turned 18 after 2000. Therefore, those born after 1983 who didn't officially become adults until this century.

ETA: I'm still pissed off that being born in 1962, I'm lumped in with the Baby Boomers. The useless generation.

Edited by Shotgun

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

I believe Millennials are those who turned 18 after 2000. Therefore, those born after 1983 who didn't officially become adults until this century.

ETA: I'm still pissed off that being born in 1962, I'm lumped in with the Baby Boomers. The useless generation.

If these conversations ever establish anything, it's that every generation is useless!

We're all a bunch of feckless c***s; folk need to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, The DA said:

The tiger's done a good job of stuffing that burd.  You'd swear she was alive.

She's done a tremendous job of stuffing herself into that outfit TBF.

13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m enjoying the cut throat approach taken by posters on this thread who are presumably all men. I reckon if we had more female posters chipping in there would be a different opinion on this. I think women are more inclined to say “oh that’s a shame, if my dog died I’d be devastated and I’d want to take the day off work” whereas men are more likely to say “just get on with it.”

If anything I think it’s better to just get on with it, surely you’d be better spending the day at work speaking to other people rather than sitting alone in your house in tears all day.

Tell her to f**k up and get to work!

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/28/xennials_a_23006562/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHq2HqkALMPQ9Qv9r8jxDU0kipRGJra6ssYFbDLUlY-yMyXSG7-KfkNhtBl3X33su1e58V-89G-ZtTh02umwMFV3pv-yDCP4mNQvRQitlEnnnWNiAV0PA2oCKt0FUHq2yxjB9jCPXSF1803voJp5YgemleLeDALXbJFrHfsWTvm5

According to this Xennials are a thing. The people who fall between Gen X and Millennial born between1977 and 1983.

I kind of agree. I would be one of the oldest Millenials but things like growing up with only four TV channels, occasionally watching black and white TV, growing up when kids still roamed the streets freely don't really fit with being a Millennial.

The generation of kids who grew up with Ipads in their hands from the age of 3 are going to be a disaster.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Baby boomers are the generation beloved by God like no other. Grew up after post war rationing and with a functioning welfare state , plenty of jobs, free University education with cost of living grants, no wars that involved conscription, and for many the first and last generation to get a decent pension. But we're worth it.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Baby boomers are the generation beloved by God like no other. Grew up after post war rationing and with a functioning welfare state , plenty of jobs, free University education with cost of living grants, no wars that demanded conscription, and for many the first and last generation to get a decent pension. But we're worth it.

Bookmarked to be read back during your trial for intergenerational crimes against society.

I look forward to throwing rotten fruit at your dangling corpse. Nothing personal, you understand.

On 19/08/2019 at 07:51, jamamafegan said:

I’m enjoying the cut throat approach taken by posters on this thread who are presumably all men. I reckon if we had more female posters chipping in there would be a different opinion on this. I think women are more inclined to say “oh that’s a shame, if my dog died I’d be devastated and I’d want to take the day off work” whereas men are more likely to say “just get on with it.”

If anything I think it’s better to just get on with it, surely you’d be better spending the day at work speaking to other people rather than sitting alone in your house in tears all day.

12 hours ago, Rowan said:

Tell her to f**k up and get to work!

Oh you contrarian, you! :)

17 hours ago, Shotgun said:

1962 is Baby Boomer? I thought the Baby Boomer generation ended circa 1956. When did the Baby Boomer generation start - 1946?

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Oh you contrarian, you! :)

1962 is Baby Boomer? I thought the Baby Boomer generation ended circa 1956. When did the Baby Boomer generation start - 1946?

Yep - born between 1946 and 1962, i think.  I just missed it so am an in-betweener I guess! 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep - born between 1946 and 1962, i think.  I just missed it so am an in-betweener I guess! 

Aye, whenever I thought about it it made sense. Myself, my sibling and my cousins are pre Baby Boomer, Baby Boomer (the vast majority of us) and post Baby Boomer. :thumsup2

48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, whenever I thought about it it made sense. Myself, my sibling and my cousins are pre Baby Boomer, Baby Boomer (the vast majority of us) and post Baby Boomer. :thumsup2

You spelt zoomer wrong.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

1946 to 1964, apparently.

Baby Boomers

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep - born between 1946 and 1962, i think.  

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

1946 to 1964, apparently.

No post Baby Boomers for us then! :(

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

If mid 1964 is the cut off point, one of my cousins is a post Baby Boomer. However, if it is 31st December 1964, she isn't.

which made me think, "is the date of one's circumcision a cut off point"?