Sacked Because Dog Died

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

not wanting to sound like a gammon but have teenagers always reacted badly to being told they can't do something?

thinks: actually, probably. mind you when I was a teenager shite like this wouldn't get anywhere near the newspapers. 

Teenagers have always been attention hoors - at least some of them. However a couple of decades ago, anyone taking bollocks like this to a newspaper would've received an eye roll and the sound of the phone being hung up. Nowadays it's what passes for news.  

not wanting to sound like a gammon but have teenagers always reacted badly to being told they can't do something?
thinks: actually, probably. mind you when I was a teenager shite like this wouldn't get anywhere near the newspapers. 
It's all part of generation snowflake. Millenials cant handle being told they can't do something.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Teenagers have always been attention hoors - at least some of them. However a couple of decades ago, anyone taking bollocks like this to a newspaper would've received an eye roll and the sound of the phone being hung up. Nowadays it's what passes for news.  

Don't think they can afford reporters going out and talking to people anymore, they just have a warehouse of interns monitoring social media. 

Edited by welshbairn

It's all part of generation snowflake. Millenials cant handle being told they can't do something.

The bereaved pet owner in this story is 18 so not a millennial. I believe that this generation is called Generation Z.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Spot on mate, you can't even say you're British these days without getting arrested. The loony left are the real fascists.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Spot on mate, you can't even say you're British these days without getting arrested. The loony left are the real fascists.

Not really related to this topic but just this afternoon, I saw a Facebook rant which led off with "Abortion is murder!!!" 

Given that it was on a page devoted to fountain pens, it was no real surprise that the moderators removed it pronto. The OP then started another thread to complain about this egregious restriction of their right to free speech and actually used the phrase "The left are the real fascists!"

Probably more appropriate for the 'Reasons to be Cheerful' thread, now I think about it. 

First funeral I ever went to was when I was 7 years old. My friend Joe and his mum got a church minister round to have a funeral for Joe's hamster Scampi.

I was too young to understand the hilarity of the situation, but it's one that i'll likely never forget! 

His mum was a total wid also, still is. 

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Not really related to this topic but just this afternoon, I saw a Facebook rant which led off with "Abortion is murder!!!" 

Given that it was on a page devoted to fountain pens, it was no real surprise that the moderators removed it pronto. The OP then started another thread to complain about this egregious restriction of their right to free speech and actually used the phrase "The left are the real fascists!"

Probably more appropriate for the 'Reasons to be Cheerful' thread, now I think about it. 

Where is the fountain pen forum?  How have I managed without it?

2 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

First funeral I ever went to was when I was 7 years old. My friend Joe and his mum got a church minister round to have a funeral for Joe's hamster Scampi.

I was too young to understand the hilarity of the situation, but it's one that i'll likely never forget! 

Who calls a hamster Scampi? 

Sounds fishy

I’m enjoying the cut throat approach taken by posters on this thread who are presumably all men. I reckon if we had more female posters chipping in there would be a different opinion on this. I think women are more inclined to say “oh that’s a shame, if my dog died I’d be devastated and I’d want to take the day off work” whereas men are more likely to say “just get on with it.”

If anything I think it’s better to just get on with it, surely you’d be better spending the day at work speaking to other people rather than sitting alone in your house in tears all day.

14 hours ago, Shotgun said:

How does one receive an eye roll over the phone?

I like how she intends to write to the shop and complain....that they won't let her do something she isn't allowed to do in their shop. "Aye but ye let thame dae it" isn't an argument. I suspect the other dog owners, if they even existed, probably looked slightly more civilised.

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Pics or GTF

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The bereaved pet owner in this story is 18 so not a millennial. I believe that this generation is called Generation Z.

No doubt we've been over this before, but I understood Millennials incorporate anyone born from 1980 to the early 2000s.

I swear this shit changes. I remember reading that I was Generation Y before they started being called Millennials, now it looks like I've been Generation X all along. I look forward to sliding back into the Baby Boomers and receiving my substantial savings fund and enormous sense of entitlement  :D

10 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No doubt we've been over this before, but I understood Millennials incorporate anyone born from 1980 to the early 2000s.

I swear this shit changes. I remember reading that I was Generation Y before they started being called Millennials, now it looks like I've been Generation X all along. I look forward to sliding back into the Baby Boomers and receiving my substantial savings fund and enormous sense of entitlement  :D

They're all Generation c***s IMO.