Sacked Because Dog Died

When my dog got put to sleep last year I decided to go into work on the day it was happening rather than going and sitting with my mum and dad whilst it happened.

Probably the worst thing I could’ve done because when my mum text me to say he was away I started crying and instantly regretted not being there.

If it’s a day off for an emergency appointment, or for the pet being euthanised I can understand that. Time off for bereavement of the period is down to the companies discretion however.

This is a piece of piss, just adopt a bunch these endangered c***s, they drop like flies thus ensuring you of regular holidays.

https://www.wwf-adopt-a-animal.co.uk/charities/wwf-animal-adoptions/?keyword=sponsor an endangered animal&device=c|Google

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

This is a piece of piss, just adopt a bunch these endangered c***s, they drop like flies thus ensuring you of regular holidays.

https://www.wwf-adopt-a-animal.co.uk/charities/wwf-animal-adoptions/?keyword=sponsor an endangered animal&device=c|Google

Or even better, adopt a bunch of flies

5 minutes ago, resk said:

This is exactly what I've been looking for. HR were getting a bit suspicious after my 17th grandparent died last year.

When I took my paternity leave I just had to fill out a form.  When my wife informed her work she was pregnant, she had to provide a doctor's letter saying she was knocked up.  Made me think, I could just claim to have gone on a Leigh Griffiths-style fatherhood spree and get two weeks paternity every few months.

When I took my paternity leave I just had to fill out a form.  When my wife informed her work she was pregnant, she had to provide a doctor's letter saying she was knocked up.  Made me think, I could just claim to have gone on a Leigh Griffiths-style fatherhood spree and get two weeks paternity every few months.

I get 6 months paternity if we ever have a kid.
Might try and time it in such a way that I do so little work.

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Should have just went off sick for a few days and self certified.

Anybody who wants bereavement leave because their pet has died should be certified imho

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I have honestly felt more grief stricken any time a pet has died than a family member has, but Christ I still kept it together sufficiently to go to work on Monday!

Did they all die at the weekend?

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I do love my dog (see avatar) but I doubt his demise would diminish my ability to rustle up a cheese and pickle sandwich.

I'd imagine the dog was the brains in the partnership hence her dismissal from the sandwich shop