Brechin City vs Queens park

I was intrigued to see a Skirlie Pie on the menu today, alas there were none. I've never tried such a thing.

The steak pie I did have was most enjoyable.

Tremendous game today, I thought that David Galt was influential, and Joffrey Lidouren looks like a great signing. I've been quite impressed by QP defensively this season, look solid to me.

First ever trip to Brechin, and I am quite taken with the place. Spent a good while wandering around the paths and taking in the sights. A wee shame that the cathedral was closed by the time I got to it after the game. Next time! IMG_20190817_151926.jpegIMG_20190817_135900.jpeg

Well, by all accounts I picked a good one to miss.

Shambles, As bad as the 70's etc...

So how much more time does Barry get? Not much by the sound of it.

Even at this early stage look like we r fecked! I fear the worst.

End of Sept then a change will be needed but Barry did tell us at the AGM he had recruited hungry players, maybe but it is hard to say whether or not they can play, quite crucial.

39 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I was intrigued to see a Skirlie Pie on the menu today, alas there were none. I've never tried such a thing.

The steak pie I did have was most enjoyable.

Tremendous game today, I thought that David Galt was influential, and Joffrey Lidouren looks like a great signing. I've been quite impressed by QP defensively this season, look solid to me.

First ever trip to Brechin, and I am quite taken with the place. Spent a good while wandering around the paths and taking in the sights. A wee shame that the cathedral was closed by the time I got to it after the game. Next time! IMG_20190817_151926.jpegIMG_20190817_135900.jpeg

Great that you had a good day in Brechin, always welcome!

11 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Well, by all accounts I picked a good one to miss.

Shambles, As bad as the 70's etc...

So how much more time does Barry get? Not much by the sound of it.

Even at this early stage look like we r fecked! I fear the worst.

End of Sept then a change will be needed but Barry did tell us at the AGM he had recruited hungry players, maybe but it is hard to say whether or not they can play, quite crucial.

Hungry for the soup and steak pies perhaps ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but we are just a gang with strips on. 

We had few bubbles last season so happy to have some this year, bursting or not. Despite the quality of the opposition, this was another decent performance. We've yet to play badly so far.

We missed a penalty, hit the bar and about a dozen decent balls flashed across the front of the goal looking for a touch. Galt looks unstoppable at times, Moore perhaps had his best game for us and the defence hardly put a foot wrong.

City were as bad as I've seen them in decades; they're usually pretty good.

But hard to disagree with his statements

The Wee Bar and the hospitality generally is as always top notch at Brechin. Well organised and run.

It seems a common pattern when a tier 4 team gets a gallop up, makes the championship and then trundles down to the basement. You’ve 33 games to get it sorted. Like us last year, with the threat of obscurity crystallised suddenly mid-table mediocrity doesn’t look too bad. See you at Hampden.