Tonight's scores

Chis

Pollok 5 - 1 Kilsyth

Pretty remarkable game. The first half was 0-0 with little happening and any Junior football critic would have been loving it so dire that it was.

The second half was outstanding and demonstrated why Junior football is so well supported!

I thought Kilsyth edged the first half without creating any clear chances. Pollok didn't look a division above, that's for sure. They must have been roasted at HT because they came out a totally different side. After taking the lead, Kilsyth's No. 3 scored an absolute rocket of a goal. Worthy of winning any game. But Pollok just ran away with it with a couple of really good goals themselves. The boy who scored the cracking FK managed to get himself stupidly sent off. First for the foul (a guy standing next to me reckoned it was a straight red as he kicked out. I never saw it). So he got away with that then started mouthing off at the ref and was rightly sent off. Kilsyth then got a man sent off for a second yellow and a penalty, leaving No. 10 with a chance of his (deserved) hat-trick. He failed to take the chance though. The game fizzled out from there. A cracking second half of football.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Ref was a little card happy in a decent game. Screenshot_20190814-204746_Chrome.jpeg

This was one of the most memorable refereeing performances I have ever seen.

3 reds, 8 yellows, a yellow for the bench AND  a penalty, all given against the home team, without a single card for the visitors.  Quite funny for a neutral, but the home fans were absolutely seething. 😂

18 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

This was one of the most memorable refereeing performances I have ever seen.

3 reds, 8 yellows, a yellow for the bench AND  a penalty, all given against the home team, without a single card for the visitors.  Quite funny for a neutral, but the home fans were absolutely seething. 😂

Should have been at newlandsfield, ref there was a total clown aswell, nothing to do with the result, Pollok deserved the win, but some of his decisions were comical, linesman on the dug out side was there for show, useless

Should have been at newlandsfield, ref there was a total clown aswell, nothing to do with the result, Pollok deserved the win, but some of his decisions were comical, linesman on the dug out side was there for show, useless
He got the Pollok red card and penalty spot on. I thought Kilsyth's no. 6 was lucky to avoid a booking. The Kilsyth no. 3 made an outstanding tackle in the first half on no. 10 yet he got booked for it. Some Pollok fans wanted him sent off as well [emoji38]

The standside linesman was indeed pretty poor.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He got the Pollok red card and penalty spot on. I thought Kilsyth's no. 6 was lucky to avoid a booking. The Kilsyth no. 3 made an outstanding tackle in the first half on no. 10 yet he got booked for it. Some Pollok fans wanted him sent off as well emoji38.png

The standside linesman was indeed pretty poor.

do you mean this outstanding tackle

vs190815-001.jpg

That's pretty poor to show that still. The tackle had been made by then and that's the break of the ball, at the point you have chosen to capture. The player played the ball and won it fairly . The referee even admitted that much after the game. Reason for booking was that wining the ball with excessive force ? Include the whole tackle in Your highlights and perhaps the award of the free kick that leads to the 5 th goal
I would love to see that back !

do you mean this outstanding tackle

vs190815-001.thumb.jpg.9557b498ba458d8563fdfc5efcd926d3.jpg

that particular tackle just showed up what's wrong with modern football now
higgy went in hard won the ball cleanly and fairly but got booked for the speed he went into the tackle at , the ref said so about the incident, now what are u meant to do when uve a split second to decide if your going into a challenge? i better slow myself down here ? nonsense !
We were well beaten in the end and pollok deserved the victory, but some of the refereeing decisions left alot to be desired
our man get's fouled in the penalty box before break's out to the edge of the box before he gives pollok there free kick ?
And imagine a player getting sent off when his team were winning 5-1 at the time , the lad Fraser should hang his head in shame, get's booked for a foul fair enough then obviously say's something to ref n get's his marching orders , idiot .

it didn't help that fraser got kicked twice by the no11 in that incident and got no punisment, anyway here is the no3 foul on forde clearly a foul.

lokforever i know for a fact that the ref told our officials that higgy had won the ball fairly but it was the speed/force of the challenge, how are u meant to tackle nowadays u tell me ?

21 minutes ago, lokforever said:

that's where the ball is when the player made contact with forde.

Slow it dowm.  It was straight in front of me. It was a clean tackle. Your kidding yourself on to suggest the ball was there when the tackle was made . Its the jail you would get if that was the case  not a yellow card !!

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:
1 hour ago, lokforever said:
it didn't help that fraser got kicked twice by the no11 in that incident and got no punisment, anyway here is the no3 foul on forde clearly a foul.

lokforever i know for a fact that the ref told our officials that higgy had won the ball fairly but it was the speed/force of the challenge, how are u meant to tackle nowadays u tell me ?

maybe so but you can see clearly he never got the ball.

1 hour ago, kilsythblue said:

Slow it dowm.  It was straight in front of me. It was a clean tackle. Your kidding yourself on to suggest the ball was there when the tackle was made . Its the jail you would get if that was the case  not a yellow card !!

clip 1 forde touches the ball, clip 2 no3 connects with forde never touched the ball.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

clip 1 forde touches the ball, clip 2 no3 connects with forde never touched the ball.
a1.jpg.10ddba998d92dde3d63cdb29fac7f0fc.jpg
a2.jpg.0f39847cfda473806b44249e12bb991e.jpg
a3.jpg.4349a259aab2801e2be1f189c5be4643.jpg
But you've screenshot that to suit your argument. The first one is before he gets to the ball and the second is after the ball. The most important part (where he made contact with the ball) you've conveniently left out.

I was standing right in line with it, you can me right in line, and you heard him make contact with the ball. Even the video isn't conclusive because it's at the opposite end and the contact is seen from the sheltered end.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

But you've screenshot that to suit your argument. The first one is before he gets to the ball and the second is after the ball. The most important part (where he made contact with the ball) you've conveniently left out.

I was standing right in line with it, you can me right in line, and you heard him make contact with the ball. Even the video isn't conclusive because it's at the opposite end and the contact is seen from the sheltered end.

i think you should retract that statement you can't accuse someone of doing what they haven't done, i put up 3 consecutive frames, it's a panasonic camcorder not sky sports.