Tonight's scores

Chis

i think you should retract that statement you can't accuse someone of doing what they haven't done, i put up 3 consecutive frames, it's a panasonic camcorder not sky sports.
I'm not retracting anything. You've posted 2 photos of the guy before making contact and after making contact and you're suggesting he never made any contact with the ball. The photos you've posted would back up your claim but it's missing the most important frame. Almost any tackle in world football could be made to look bad using such a technique.

That's fair enough if the camera equipment is incapable of showing a more detailed frame-by-frame. But don't put such inaccurate photos up then blame the equipment when you're called on it.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not retracting anything. You've posted 2 photos of the guy before making contact and after making contact and you're suggesting he never made any contact with the ball. The photos you've posted would back up your claim but it's missing the most important frame. Almost any tackle in world football could be made to look bad using such a technique.

That's fair enough if the camera equipment is incapable of showing a more detailed frame-by-frame. But don't put such inaccurate photos up then blame the equipment when you're called on it.

Looking at it, the boy was intending to hit the ball hard probably knowing he will hit the forward but with the intention of clearing the ball. The forward nicked in before him to nick the ball, the defender might have, had not contacted with the ball but the ball did go forward and he took the man out.    Definitely, a yellow and can see it being red of many occasion. If nearer to the goal and the referee closer then most definitely I'd expect the referee to give a red card.

The defender should never have given the ref a decision to make, should have just tired to slow him down as eh was last man and wait for team mates to get back and cover.

Looking at it, the boy was intending to hit the ball hard probably knowing he will hit the forward but with the intention of clearing the ball. The forward nicked in before him to nick the ball, the defender might have, had not contacted with the ball but the ball did go forward and he took the man out.    Definitely, a yellow and can see it being red of many occasion. If nearer to the goal and the referee closer then most definitely I'd expect the referee to give a red card.

The defender should never have given the ref a decision to make, should have just tired to slow him down as eh was last man and wait for team mates to get back and cover.

Looking at those photos I agree. The photos don't display what really happened though. Made good contact with the ball. The game is truly done if that's given as a red.

It's pointless discussing it any way as there isn't going to be an angle to see the actual challenge.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looking at those photos I agree. The photos don't display what really happened though. Made good contact with the ball. The game is truly done if that's given as a red.

It's pointless discussing it any way as there isn't going to be an angle to see the actual challenge.

The conclusion I've came to is really watching the video highlight and then slowing it down, At the point of tackle, the ball was heading downwards towards Kilsyth goal and after tackle it doesn't change, except there's a little off kilter in its line of trajectory but was that the defender touching the ball or the forward touching it. If the ball was heading goal wards and after tackle both were still on feet chasing ball then it was fine but opponent took the forward out, thus Id say yellow card and foul. Again if it was, say 5 yards near the penalty area and it was in same situation, I could see ref giving a red card 9 times out of 10.

Just wannna say, some good goals in that match but the Kilsyth goal was fantastic, nothing any defender or goalkeeper could do

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

lokforever i know for a fact that the ref told our officials that higgy had won the ball fairly but it was the speed/force of the challenge, how are u meant to tackle nowadays u tell me ?
I have to agree. Certainly a meaty challenge but both of them went in very hard. Not a red that I saw; not even a yellow.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
8 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:
lokforever i know for a fact that the ref told our officials that higgy had won the ball fairly but it was the speed/force of the challenge, how are u meant to tackle nowadays u tell me ?

I have to agree. Certainly a meaty challenge but both of them went in very hard. Not a red that I saw; not even a yellow.

Everyone has a view and I get that but that is a booking all day long in the letter of the law and if you think it isn't then I'm just shaking my head and I aint a Lok supporter.
Meaty challenge right enough from the Kilsyth defender, the Pollok player tried to nick the ball (with his left foot making him more unbalanced and easier to knock down), and wasn't intending to tackle but from the referees location/view, definitely  yellow, from most peoples view, the biased ones will say red but in general its a yellow. Only because the Kilsyth player took the Pollok player out as the ball was heading towards goal before and after the incident.  The Kilsyth player did not intend to take the player out or hurt the player he just wanted to tackle hard to try and make sure the ball was cleared.

Poor ref didn't even have the advantage of Var, if he did, he would have still given a yellow

Listen a would stand in a court of law and tell you the same thing . The camera doesn't pick up . The defender got to ball and thr momentum of the attacker took the ball forward in the tackle. I was yard from it and seen it clear as day. The first frame of the camera in the original post was a low blow to back up a flimsy case .

The conclusion I've came to is really watching the video highlight and then slowing it down, At the point of tackle, the ball was heading downwards towards Kilsyth goal and after tackle it doesn't change, except there's a little off kilter in its line of trajectory but was that the defender touching the ball or the forward touching it. If the ball was heading goal wards and after tackle both were still on feet chasing ball then it was fine but opponent took the forward out, thus Id say yellow card and foul. Again if it was, say 5 yards near the penalty area and it was in same situation, I could see ref giving a red card 9 times out of 10.

Just wannna say, some good goals in that match but the Kilsyth goal was fantastic, nothing any defender or goalkeeper could do

6 minutes ago, kilsythblue said:

Listen a would stand in a court of law and tell you the same thing . The camera doesn't pick up . The defender got to ball and thr momentum of the attacker took the ball forward in the tackle. I was yard from it and seen it clear as day. The first frame of the camera in the original post was a low blow to back up a flimsy case .

I'm not taking it from the camera, I've watched the highlights of the incident a few times and doesn't matter where anyone was standing, its really the referees interpretation of it, (who wasn't a  yard away), so what I say doesn't matter in court and you would have to play a hefty bill to the court of law.  I'm not bothered about what someone else said regarding a low blow by them, I'm just going from what I think looking at the video evidence of it.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Were you standing beside me? [emoji38]

Aye !! You know I know and everyone around us know ... He made contact with the ball first in a 50 50 tackle and yes he didnt hold anything back. It doesn't matter and didnt affect the out come. Just got my back up with the picture posted with him going in and the ball nowhere near.

Were you standing beside me? [emoji38]

Aye !! You know I know and everyone around us know ... He made contact with the ball first in a 50 50 tackle and yes he didnt hold anything back. It doesn't matter and didnt affect the out come. Just got my back up with the picture posted with him going in and the ball nowhere near.
I can't really recall much uproar from the Pollok fans around me either tbh. Apart from one guy but he must be the angriest man in Pollok because anytime he spoke he was swearing [emoji38]