Edinburgh City v The Binos

Travel to Ainslie Park on Saturday to face a City side looking to get their 2nd win of the season. After a disappointing start to the League season two 1-0 defeats we need to start picking up points if we are not to be left stranded at the bottom this early in the season. 

Last nights win at East Fife will have boosted confidence and give us some hope to get something on Saturday. Need to start scoring goals if we have to have any chance of getting something from tis game. 

Prediction City 1 Binos 1          

Stirling fans, what's the story with Gareth Rodger?  I've not seen his name on any of your teamsheets.

Was injured during the League Cup match against Alloa I believe.

With McGeachie & Banner suspended and Macgregor and Rodger injured, then we are struggling for Centre Half’s for this game.

A City fan is currently in Outer Mongolia. He has sampled the local brew- fermented horse's milk* - which he has described as "very sour". 

There is no, repeat no, similarity between this and watching City. 

I might go for a 4-4 goalfest prediction just for the sheer hell of it.  

(*why go all the way to Mongolia? I've had fermented horse's pish served up in Scottish pubs...) 

17 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Was injured during the League Cup match against Alloa I believe.

With McGeachie & Banner suspended and Macgregor and Rodger injured, then we are struggling for Centre Half’s for this game.

Think McGeacie is back for this one - sure I saw that somewhere. His second game suspended was the midweek one.

Can't quite understand that since Banner wasn't suspended. Maybe tomorrow's SO will clarify.

1 hour ago, gmca said:

Think McGeacie is back for this one - sure I saw that somewhere. His second game suspended was the midweek one.

Can't quite understand that since Banner wasn't suspended. Maybe tomorrow's SO will clarify.

Banner wouldn't have been suspended on Tuesday as it was a cup game he would have only have missed the game if he had been sent off for violent conduct. He will miss Saturday's game with City.

Hope he is back could do with all the help at centre back. [emoji3]

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Banner wouldn't have been suspended on Tuesday as it was a cup game he would have only have missed the game if he had been sent off for violent conduct. He will miss Saturday's game with City.

Cheers, it all makes sense now.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Hope he is back could do with all the help at centre back. emoji3.png

It was the preview f the game on the OS where I saw it. Assuming Ross had a 2 game ban, should be available for Saturday.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Yon Wullie Hull has City 7-5 on to beat the Binos...

I thought Bookies were meant to be very knowledgeable about form....! 

Coral was offering 3/1 on an Albion victory just had to have a punt on that. 

Great goal chalked off - miles onside......

That would have been 1-0 to us.

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment, however the feedback I’m getting is it was another woeful performance of hoof ball.

Struggling to see where our next point will come from. Cove at Home and then Albion Rovers Away in the league before the famous International break/Scottish Scaremonger Biscuit Cup weekend, we could honesty go into that weekend without even scoring a goal [emoji22]

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment, however the feedback I’m getting is it was another woeful performance of hoof ball.

Struggling to see where our next point will come from. Cove at Home and then Albion Rovers Away in the league before the famous International break/Scottish Scaremonger Biscuit Cup weekend, we could honesty go into that weekend without even scoring a goal emoji22.png

Spot on especially in the 2nd half with the wind causing problems, all we could do was hoof it up the park and no surprise when we could not create anything. Goal that was chalked off imo was okay but got chalked off by the linesman for offside. Would like to se highlights to see if the linesman got it right but it looked okay to me. 

Next point where is it coming from ? no idea and on performances recently East Fife game excepted we have struggled to get the ball in the net, sure we have been unlucky at times but we seem to have lost the knack of scoring. If this form continues I reckon St Mirren Colts will fancy their chances in the Scottish Scaremonger Biscuit Cup. 

Having been in attendance at the game today, I didn’t get Stirling’s tactics. Balatoni was winning everything and the insistence to simply hoof it long was amazing. Even with the wind it wasn’t working. Keeper and centre backs obviously have no confidence in each other otherwise there was a lot of times that a simple square pass was on, but ignored. Edinburgh looked decent but lacked a finishing touch.

Goal that was ruled out looked onside and maybe that would have changed things. But when you’re punting a ball over the likes of Jardine’s head you’re never going to score.

Pleasing to get a win. When City hit the woodwork (well, the plastic covered aluminum tubes) three times I was beginning to think it was going to be one of those matches. Some good attacking player was a positive, I still think the defence could be tighter and perhaps Stirling were unlucky not to score- a cracking Antell save, a header against the bar and a bit of a glaring miss cost them, let alone an offside decision. 

So of the teams I've seen so far:

Cove: Decent. Will be challenging I think although they seem to be leaking goals
Brechin: Could be a long hard season....
Stenny: To be honest I wasn't terribly impressed. Which sounds a bit like sour grapes. And is. Mid-table?
Albion Rovers: Fairly solid side. Won't be in any danger. Upper mid-table? 
Binos: Unless luck changes see Brechin. 
City: I wouldn't like to get into a bottom of the table scrap so at the moment I'll say mid-table with aspirations. 

And just to cheer everyone up: how are the Cumbernauld Dream Team doing this days? Must be top of L1 surely..  :whistle

Stirling weren't as bad as I was expecting, actually were decent first half and a much better team than Brechin looked last week.

Also City played well, probably the best we've played for a month, since the Dunfermline game in the Betfred cup.

The number 7 guy for Albion looked quality, far too good to be in that Stirling team.

We had a few good performances as well, not picking anyone out as the whole team did well for a change.

A tough game for City next week at stenhousemuir but at least we're looking a bit better now.