Airdrieonians vs. Clyde

Lovely 3rd goal from Gallagher: No complaints from me about the result. Two soft goals conceded again and poor going forward today with the exception Goodwillie.
Falkirk at home next, another tough game though at least it's at Broadwood.
getting hammered at home, well at least its a shorter journey home always [emoji106]

On 14/08/2019 at 17:27, Chapelhall chap said:

Not sure Murray knows our best formation/team yet but I suspect he will change Montrose starting eleven and also the Accies drivel from last night. This means he will bring back Wedderburn with Cowan dropping out. if it is a notional 4-3-3 I(4-2-1-3 ) t will be:

Hutton

Mcdonald Fordyce Crighton Eckersley

Wedderburn Millar

Roberts

Carrick Smith Roy

Really 4-5-1 at home yet again! He played 4-4-2 last night till bringing on Roberts when we were 1 up but well off the pace. He seems cautious at all times.

Nearly got it right and the Thomson inclusion was a bit more attacking shape so I take back the cautious remark for this week. Eckersley's injury actually seemed to get us going in the second half.Funny old game!

Nearly got it right and the Thomson inclusion was a bit more attacking shape so I take back the cautious remark for this week. Eckersley's injury actually seemed to get us going in the second half.Funny old game!

Bringing McDonald on to replace him and moving MCKay to the left helped. McD got forward, overlapped and got the ball in the box. All of which we lacked from the full backs in the first half. I think he made a difference.
Thompson and Roberts both got on the ball more and took players on which helped. Some difference between halves, night and day. Still a lot of improvement needed tho if we’ve to compete for the league/play offs.

11 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Small point.

Referee booked Thomson who looked to be caught in the box ( right in my eyeline) , but not Goodwillie who took a tumble under lesser contact.

He was  a bit of a diddy all day I thought.

I thought the referee was fine (amazing how some people blame him for us losing :lol:), but the Goodwillie one was bizarre. From my angle, he didn't appear to be anywhere near Hutton. People say "it has to be a penalty or a booking for diving", and that is nonsense, but in that case, it seemed to apply.

Edited by David W

Fair play to you, for the objective view.

Opposite end for my failing eyes!

I thought the ref had a good game other than the penalty shouts. Clyde arguably could have had one for a handball when it his [McKay] in the first half. From my seat I thought Hutton had fouled Goodwillie but glad to hear it was a dive.

Thomson’s was a Stone waller though. Really harsh and I was worried we would draw after that.

Fortunately we got to see the sublime third goal.

4 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I thought the ref had a good game other than the penalty shouts. Clyde arguably could have had one for a handball when it his [McKay] in the first half. From my seat I thought Hutton had fouled Goodwillie but glad to hear it was a dive.

Thomson’s was a Stone waller though. Really harsh and I was worried we would draw after that.

Fortunately we got to see the sublime third goal.

Despite being close, due to the angle I couldn’t work out what had happened with Goodwillie’s shout. Didn’t really think our first half shout was a penalty, arms were down at his side IIRC. Thought Airdrie’s shout was a definite - I was fuming at McStay for charging in like that!

Despite being close, due to the angle I couldn’t work out what had happened with Goodwillie’s shout. Didn’t really think our first half shout was a penalty, arms were down at his side IIRC. Thought Airdrie’s shout was a definite - I was fuming at McStay for charging in like that!
our penalty shout thought the boys hands were by his side DGW probably chancing his arm , the airdrie claim did look a good shout from our end , but referee closer
thought the referee was fine didnt really notice him which is what you want

thought the boys hands were by his side DGW probably chancing his arm , the airdrie claim did look a good shout from our end , but referee closer 

Thought Airdrie’s shout was a definite - I was fuming at McStay for charging in like that!

Are rational commentators like yourselves not discouraged?? Doubt your views would stand scrutiny amongst some of our more forthright, and partisan, opinions! 

I'm with you though. Seen too many games to think otherwise.

Disagree entirely with David W's view we don't have good midfield and attack options. We've very strong options there for this level which will get stronger when all are available

But what's happening now is what's happened since football began where there's a weak defence. It drains the confidence of the rest of the team, several of whom are now having to do the job of two players and inevitably disrupts the system. 

If we had a solid back 4, we wouldn't have lost a game in this league so far. But we don't, & this is guaranteed to continue until that one area of the team is addressed. 

It's like trying to explain to someone that the sun sets in the west & they say, yeh, but depends what you mean by west.  How simple does is need to be to understand,  this is basic stuff

thought the boys hands were by his side DGW probably chancing his arm , the airdrie claim did look a good shout from our end , but referee closer 
 Thought Airdrie’s shout was a definite - I was fuming at McStay for charging in like that!

Are rational commentators like yourselves not discouraged?? Doubt your views would stand scrutiny amongst some of our more forthright, and partisan, opinions! 
I'm with you though. Seen too many games to think otherwise.
dont worry as the clyde boys will tell you I have a first class honours in being irrational[emoji23]

Fucking hell... Does every other recently promoted team expect to be battling af the top of the table? We have just played 2 of the best teams in the league for f**k sake. 

Everycunt blaming the defence again, what about the midfield right in front of them?? 

We matched Airdrie until around 65mins when the legs were going. My major fault with the team right now is the fitness levels but we've just played 2 full time teams. 

The negativity from c***s on here is ridiculous, why don't you all put your fucking phones and tablets down and next game get involved in the singing and encourage the boys. 

This was never going to be an easy season, every level you go up the challenges become more difficult. 

3 games in for f**k sake. Get a grip man! 

Disagree entirely with David W's view we don't have good midfield and attack options. We've very strong options there for this level which will get stronger when all are available
But what's happening now is what's happened since football began where there's a weak defence. It drains the confidence of the rest of the team, several of whom are now having to do the job of two players and inevitably disrupts the system. 
If we had a solid back 4, we wouldn't have lost a game in this league so far. But we don't, & this is guaranteed to continue until that one area of the team is addressed. 
It's like trying to explain to someone that the sun sets in the west & they say, yeh, but depends what you mean by west.  How simple does is need to be to understand,  this is basic stuff
we are scoring goals , havent failed to score in a single game this season but midfield too front there isnt a problem in fact its working pretty well
the defence is an utter shambles thats down to lennon and moore who didnt even try to look for better players in defensive positions , one of the guys hit the nail on the head today rumsby and mcniff are league 2 defenders
duffie 26 games in 2 years no harm to the boy but he has had more injuries than evel knievel
recriuts for defence required asap

Fucking hell... Does every other recently promoted team expect to be battling af the top of the table? We have just played 2 of the best teams in the league for f**k sake.  Everycunt blaming the defence again, what about the midfield right in front of them?? 

We matched Airdrie until around 65mins when the legs were going. My major fault with the team right now is the fitness levels but we've just played 2 full time teams. 

The negativity from c***s on here is ridiculous, why don't you all put your fucking phones and tablets down and next game get involved in the singing and encourage the boys. 

This was never going to be an easy season, every level you go up the challenges become more difficult. 

so clyde fans are c*nts ?, a group of fans who have pilled money into the club  

who gave fantsstic backing today

39 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Fucking hell... Does every other recently promoted team expect to be battling af the top of the table? We have just played 2 of the best teams in the league for f**k sake. 

Should we just ignore the League Cup matches too.

Every match the same defensive chaos.

Relative to the league we're in, the defence is as bad as Chapman's

37 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Everycunt blaming the defence again, what about the midfield right in front of them?? 

Ok let’s say the midfield are just as much to blame- although the consensus of opinion would contradict that opinion..... I wish it would be as easy as curing it all with some singing-I fear that’s not the case and losing 9 goals in 3 games is not what’s needed. It will be a tight league, going by other results today, and so this is one “Cnut” who is not yet panicking, but is in fact concerned that unless we make some changes, and quickly- to both personnel and tactics ( not withstanding Ranks injury, cuddihy’s dodgy hammy and Goodie not quite being match fit, oh and Kristopher’s absence) I may well be a panicking “Cnut” fairly soon!

I’m sure though that those Clyde fans who were there today, sang their hearts out as ever and stayed until the final whistle to applaud the lads effort.