Airdrieonians vs. Clyde

1 hour ago, Domino the Dug said:

Apples and oranges. Do you have the full commercial breakdown that allows this generous benefit to be handed to loyal supporters of these clubs, many of whom number five figure gates? And furthermore, how do Scottish clubs co-opt this strategy without losing vital revenue, given that reduced prices have NEVER increased crowd figures consistently, for any club, and also that we still carry the highest per population attendances in Europe. The price isn't putting SO many off, it clearly marks an attatched value of the goods purchased, and Airdrie in my view have it more right than Clyde do for what we both provide. My concern here is our club. 

Unterhaching (who I went to see) are the 3rd club in the Munich area and at the time had a crowd of about 1500. They are a good comparison to our status in that they are in the shadow of 2 much bigger clubs in the city they are based and therefore struggle to attract even medium sized crowds. Also, they play in the 3rd division.

They have a club shop very similar to ours. I doubt commercially they are any more advanced than we are. The only difference (that was apparent to me on the face of it) is they sell beer in the stadium.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse
It's no apples and oranges just because you dont agree!

58 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
For 3rd/4th tier football in Germany its roughly between €5 and €10 depending on what team you go to see.
On that basis we are being robbed paying between £12 and £20 for 3rd and 4th tier football here, which is of a poorer standard than that of the German 3rd and 4th tiers.

yeah but you also probably find their club shop open , kiosks selling food and their social facilities open ( arria )

Well that is true mate. Their club shop is roughly the same size as ours but it was actually functioning the 2 games I was at!

They sold beer, soft drinks and food in the ground (where you could still see the game) but didnt have an Arria lounge type facility.

48 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Unterhaching (who I went to see) are the 3rd club in the Munich area and at the time had a crowd of about 1500. They are a good comparison to our status in that they are in the shadow of 2 much bigger clubs in the city they are based and therefore struggle to attract even medium sized crowds. Also, they play in the 3rd division.

They have a club shop very similar to ours. I doubt commercially they are any more advanced than we are. The only difference (that was apparent to me on the face of it) is they sell beer in the stadium.

They averaged over 3,000 last season, the fifth lowest in their division. However, there are variants. Factoring in these much larger divisions, and also taking into account population differences, a team in their position in Scotland, should pull in around 150-200, tops. A typical gate for a club in and around the 46th place Unterhaching finished in, if it were applied as straightforward as that to our top HL/LL clubs, i'd say.

But crowds in the lower half Scottish third tier, if that's a better way of seeing it rather than the position, regularly far exceed that breakdown figure several times over whilst fans continue paying (i agree) through the nose. So on the whole while it may have been an exotic, glamorous change watching German diddies instead of Scottish ones, charging less on entry or having facilities akin or even less so than are available to Clyde to seemingly utilise whenever they can be arsed, means absolutely nothing.  So the problem over pricing, to me is emerging as a complete hoax. 

Edited by Domino the Dug

4 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

They averaged over 3,000 last season, the fifth lowest in their division. However, there are variants. Factoring in these much larger divisions, and also taking into account population differences, a team in their position in Scotland, should pull in around 150-200, tops. A typical gate for a club in and around the 46th place Unterhaching finished in, if it were applied as straightforward as that to our top HL/LL clubs, i'd say.

But crowds in the lower half Scottish third tier, if that's a better way of seeing it rather than the position, regularly far exceed that breakdown figure several times over whilst fans continue paying (i agree) through the nose. So on the whole while it may have been an exotic, glamorous change watching German diddies instead of Scottish ones, charging less on entry or having facilities akin or even less so than are available to Clyde to seemingly utilise whenever they can be arsed, means absolutely nothing.  So the problem over pricing, to me is emerging as a complete hoax. 

Sound.

£15/£16 is fine for this league any more and you are starting to take the piss. Don't think we are the first set of fans to bring up Airdrie's admission price £17 + £2 for parking and £7 for under 16s is too high. Can't remember anyone really mentioning Raith's prices last week.

No, you’re not the 1st. Some other teams also have fans who like a moan.

For clarification, i'm not slating their prices, car park fee excepted. I'm asking if Clyde are selling short based on numerous factors. The standard of the section given last week was mentioned in a critique on the match thread, indicating that the cost itself wasnt a problem. Whether full or part time doesnt come into it, as without the other nine clubs none of us have any games. 

The car park fee is a pointless waste of £2 when you can safely park on the streets around the ground and when the right hand turn onto Carlisle Rd is a complete b*****d anyway.

should be a good game today , think both teams like to attack , I thought the league cup game was pretty entertaining how we will line in defence? no idea but im sure mcniff will be shoehorned in somewhere almost guarenteeing that it wont be 0 0.
no problems for us going forward so sure we will score hopefully enough to counteract the goals going in at the other end

2 2

On 16/08/2019 at 10:38, Adolfo Rios said:

Their website says its £20 for a parent and child.  I assume that's for home and away fans.   

If not I will be £50 with parking for me, wife and kids(11 and 7 years old). We will be a minimum £42 before we factor in getting food etc. Whilst we can afford it and will go, it’s easy to see why some would be put off the price, and priced out depending on circumstances, for league one football in Scotland.

Not that I want to make this conversation any more turgid than it already is but, as mentioned above, there's plenty of nearby street parking available and there's also a car park at the pitches across from the stadium that is free to use. We park there every week with no issues (and a spare £2). 

Assuming Reilly and McCann are available and straight in the squad I'd go - 

Hutton 

MacDonald Fordyce Crighton Eckersley 

Reilly 

Thomson       Hawkshaw/Roberts McCann 

Smith     Roy/Gallagher 

Subs - McKay, Wedderburn, Millar, Roy/Gallagher, McNeil, Hawkshaw/Roberts, Carrick. 

Edited by airdrieman