Airdrieonians vs. Clyde

29 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

£17. Sucker for a bargain, me. 

Far be it for me to poke the bear further on the financial states of affair which have annoyed the huddled masses so far, but is there the slightest chance that the club could, figuratively, be fucking itself at the turnstiles? 

A quid increase on the door in each recent season has gone hand in hand with improved performance- we jumped from 9th to 5th in six weeks during spring 2018, and of course jumped higher again in 2019. Now, we're at £15. Raith last week trousered £402 extra from travelling fans last week and i'd expect Airdrie to double that. Are we here to compete, or for people to virtue-signal when they win the fund or splash out £40 on a buffet?

Or have i this wrong again, and the irrational, inhumane expectations of our support are that this trajectory should continue and that we're doing the club a favour just even turning up? 

Edited by Domino the Dug

31 minutes ago, Domino the Dug said:

Far be it for me to poke the bear further on the financial states of affair which have annoyed the huddled masses so far, but is there the slightest chance that the club could, figuratively, be fucking itself at the turnstiles? 

A quid increase on the door in each recent season has gone hand in hand with improved performance- we jumped from 9th to 5th in six weeks during spring 2018, and of course jumped higher again in 2019. Now, we're at £15. Raith last week trousered £402 extra from travelling fans last week and i'd expect Airdrie to double that. Are we here to compete, or for people to virtue-signal when they win the fund or splash out £40 on a buffet?

Or have i this wrong again, and the irrational, inhumane expectations of our support are that this trajectory should continue and that we're doing the club a favour just even turning up? 

£15 for a team just promoted to league 1 is more than sufficient. Just because other teams are charging more doesnt mean we should. As for Falkirk, they have a far bigger support and have just been relegated from the championship so can get away with charging what they do. 

£15 for a team just promoted to league 1 is more than sufficient. Just because other teams are charging more doesnt mean we should. As for Falkirk, they have a far bigger support and have just been relegated from the championship so can get away with charging what they do. 
well the other week the club , were on about being at a financial disadvantage and could we all please buy a match sponsor , doesnt really add up if you are one of the cheapest to get in and of course the amount of the dreaded C word
On the flip side I agree 15 is fine for admission ,as for away games well the customer is king dont like the admission price dont go I will be there on saturday grudgingly paying 17 , I wont be at falkirk away later in the season not because I cant afford it simple fact they are ripping the P**s out of it charging 20 plus

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The mark-up, however, is the mark-up. Are Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith seriously £1 better fare than Berwick, QP and Cowdenbeath? Behave!!

If we're going to just Poundland the whole season, simply because we're the new guys, commercial activity should be in top gear to bridge the inevitable gap, but thats clearly not happening. Unless we can convince our gaffers or clients to throw away their dough, that is.

The Falkirk analogy would stand if the fans arses weren't continually pecked over every other ££ avenue. Matchday income is and always will be king. If the price puts fans off, then maybe we deserved to be where we were, in more ways than even i thought possible. 

well the other week the club , were on about being at a financial disadvantage and could we all please buy a match sponsor , doesnt really add up if you are one of the cheapest to get in and of course the amount of the dreaded C word
On the flip side I agree 15 is fine for admission ,as for away games well the customer is king dont like the admission price dont go I will be there on saturday grudgingly paying 17 , I wont be at falkirk away later in the season not because I cant afford it simple fact they are ripping the P**s out of it charging 20 plus
It was £18 at Falkirk last week. Maybe Clyde is a Category A game?

It's £2 difference in admission price between Clyde and Airdrie so the difference is negligible (not saying that's a fair or an affordable price for this standard of football but if you're willing able to pay the £15 then £17 shouldn't stretch you too much). 

Of course that extra £2 is for the ambience of New Broomfield and high class of football on the park... 

On 14/08/2019 at 19:45, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

How you guys liking Fordyce? Thought he was a cracking wee player when we had him on loan fae Livi a few year ago. 

Looks a solid player and reasonable in possession. Been impressed so far. 

Reading Clyde's P&B thread their obvious weakness is at left-back so it would seem silly not to play with wingers in this game. 

I'd like for Hawkshaw and Roberts to both start in the midfield, I think we'd be more creative and dynamic as a result, but I can't see it happening unless we play a flat 4-4-2 and even if we did I'm sure we'd start one of Wedderburn or Millar. 

Hutton 

MacDonald Fordyce Crighton Eckersley 

Millar/Wedderburn 

Thomson   Hawkshaw/Roberts     O'Reilly 

Smith Roy/Gallagher 

A win and a bit of a performance would be ideal although at this point I'd be happy enough just to win. 

It's £2 difference in admission price between Clyde and Airdrie so the difference is negligible (not saying that's a fair or an affordable price for this standard of football but if you're willing able to pay the £15 then £17 shouldn't stretch you too much). 
Of course that extra £2 is for the ambience of New Broomfield and high class of football on the park... 
going by that theory why not 20 thats only a fiver hardly breaking the bank , dont think its the money more think you are getting the p**s taken out of them
as said if you dont like it dont go

Just now, cfcuk said:

going by that theory why not 20 thats only a fiver hardly breaking the bank , dont think its the money more think you are getting the p**s taken out of them
as said if you dont like it dont go

New Broomfield is worth a fiver more than Broadwood to be fair. Good idea! I think it's a rubbish price too but don't think £2's difference is that objectionable. 

1 hour ago, Domino the Dug said:

The mark-up, however, is the mark-up. Are Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith seriously £1 better fare than Berwick, QP and Cowdenbeath? Behave!!

If we're going to just Poundland the whole season, simply because we're the new guys, commercial activity should be in top gear to bridge the inevitable gap, but thats clearly not happening. Unless we can convince our gaffers or clients to throw away their dough, that is.

The Falkirk analogy would stand if the fans arses weren't continually pecked over every other ££ avenue. Matchday income is and always will be king. If the price puts fans off, then maybe we deserved to be where we were, in more ways than even i thought possible. 

£1 is a most reasonable uplift. All that does is highlight last season was too expensive for the quality on show more often than not.

New Broomfield is worth a fiver more than Broadwood to be fair. Good idea! I think it's a rubbish price too but don't think £2's difference is that objectionable. 
its not the money its the principle
and a good excuse if your team is playing s***e [emoji6]