wrexham v ayr united

ayrunited

Reading on their forum (Red Passion) that they are showing this cup the same contempt that we do, a lot of them saying they aren't going and there is a lot on in the area over the weekend. One thing that may interest our travelling support is the Wrexham food and drink festival.  They also seem to have the superiority complex that English fans hold over Scottish football. 

Perfect scenario would be a win here with some of the young lads getting a good run out, then either Bohemians or Waterford away. Any other draw if we get through and I'm back to meh. 

I spoke to Big Marv (Andrews) a few months back about his time at Wrexham and the Conference. He said it was a high standard with a lot of big clubs. Given the population down there (ten times ours) there isnt enough room for all the full time teams to get into the four divisions of the Football League. Compare the size of Conference clubs like Torquay, Notts County and Chesterfiled to the likes of Kelty Hearts and, Dalbeattie Star.

27 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I spoke to Big Marv (Andrews) a few months back about his time at Wrexham and the Conference. He said it was a high standard with a lot of big clubs. Given the population down there (ten times ours) there isnt enough room for all the full time teams to get into the four divisions of the Football League. Compare the size of Conference clubs like Torquay, Notts County and Chesterfiled to the likes of Kelty Hearts and, Dalbeattie Star.

Leighton McIntosh plays with Wrexham. Think the standard may have dipped.

A mixture of our youth and seniors have beat AFC Fylde convincingly the last couple of years in pre season who are only 3 points behind Wrexham. They do seem to have a great fan base, but the standard doesn’t look to be all that great. Another comparison can be all they lower league English donkeys Falkirk got from teams a league or 2 above the conference. 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Do we have many travelling down ?

We're heading down on the 10am Central to Crewe but only a couple of us.

Anyone else ??

On the 8:40, knew of a few on the 8:00. Think we'll all be on the same 18:00 going back from Wrexham. Are you going via Warrington Bank Quay as there is where we are picking up / dropping the Virgin service. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

On the 8:40, knew of a few on the 8:00. Think we'll all be on the same 18:00 going back from Wrexham. Are you going via Warrington Bank Quay as there is where we are picking up / dropping the Virgin service. 

No, I think we're Crewe, then Crewe to Chester and Chester to Wrexham. We get to Chester about 1.45pm and our connection just gets us to Wrexham for 2.30pm. Maybe a bit tight but I think the ground is attached to the railway station.

We've booked a Hotel in Chester for the Saturday night so we can go out for a few beers and then back up on the 11.36am from Chester to Warrington Bank Quay on the Sunday.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, I think we're Crewe, then Crewe to Chester and Chester to Wrexham. We get to Chester about 1.45pm and our connection just gets us to Wrexham for 2.30pm. Maybe a bit tight but I think the ground is attached to the railway station.

We've booked a Hotel in Chester for the Saturday night so we can go out for a few beers and then back up on the 11.36am from Chester to Warrington Bank Quay on the Sunday.

Looks about a 5 minute walk tops from the station so shouldn't be too bad for time. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Looks about a 5 minute walk tops from the station so shouldn't be too bad for time. 

That's good, so long as the bloody trains are on time !!

Guest Moomintroll
Yeah can confirm it is 5 minutes with a Pub on the way although that is usually packed.

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Leighton McIntosh plays with Wrexham. Think the standard may have dipped.

A mixture of our youth and seniors have beat AFC Fylde convincingly the last couple of years in pre season who are only 3 points behind Wrexham. They do seem to have a great fan base, but the standard doesn’t look to be all that great. Another comparison can be all they lower league English donkeys Falkirk got from teams a league or 2 above the conference. 

I hope you're right. Do you remember the Ayr - Fylde  scores?

Edited by Raith_Raver