Cove v Cowdenbeath

Cove are a team on the up and will take some stopping. A slick commercial operation, the ground festooned with adverts and hospitality sold out . Most eye-catching of all an attendance of 880.And most of them  Will be back as they were well entertained n a topsy turvy match with a last minute winner. A great strike, but annoyingly he was able to waltz across the front of two defenders without a challenge  Tough baptism for the two young Hearts lads, both having to play slightly out of position because of the injury situation. It will take a few more games for the manager to settle on the best team selection and set up, but I'm more optimistic now than I was before Saturday

12 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Cove are a team on the up and will take some stopping. A slick commercial operation, the ground festooned with adverts and hospitality sold out . Most eye-catching of all an attendance of 880.And most of them  Will be back as they were well entertained n a topsy turvy match with a last minute winner. A great strike, but annoyingly he was able to waltz across the front of two defenders without a challenge  Tough baptism for the two young Hearts lads, both having to play slightly out of position because of the injury situation. It will take a few more games for the manager to settle on the best team selection and set up, but I'm more optimistic now than I was before Saturday

Would agree about Cove being on the up but seemed strange that they lost 100 from their crowd against Edinburgh City the fortnight before!

22 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

The next 2 games are massive. Really optimistic and hope we can come away with maximum points (make Central Park a fortress) which would be a huge boost for the players. 

I would love to see the addition of another centre mid, one with a lot of energy and tough tackling, not sure if herd is that type of player not seen enough of him. For me with the exception of miller, I don’t see a much stronger 11 than the one that started on Saturday. Which would also give us brilliant options like Taylor and Allan to come off the bench both of them easily match winners on their day. 

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Would agree about Cove being on the up but seemed strange that they lost 100 from their crowd against Edinburgh City the fortnight before!

maybe Cowden took 100 less than Edinburgh City?? Anyways agree 100% with the pie eater, Cove on the up and they have the commercial set up to get them up another division at least

3 minutes ago, marello said:

maybe Cowden took 100 less than Edinburgh City?? Anyways agree 100% with the pie eater, Cove on the up and they have the commercial set up to get them up another division at least

I was surprised as if anything I would have expected both us City to take similar supports up there. It wasn't a dig at Cove we all know they have the set up to kick start and move up the leagues. 

I suppose the City game would have pulled in a few neutrals and groundhopppers who would have been wanting to see their first league game in the SPFL.

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

don't see whats surprising about it-EC was their first league game,that was bound to draw folks. for a while theyll also draw a lot of groundhoppers wholl go once.

for anyone whos seen their support home or away in the highland league them getting any support is a surprise tbh

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

don't see whats surprising about it-EC was their first league game,that was bound to draw folks. for a while theyll also draw a lot of groundhoppers wholl go once.

for anyone whos seen their support home or away in the highland league them getting any support is a surprise tbh

Decent support on Saturday, nil atmosphere though.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

I know a few Aberdeen fans and one or two go when Aberdeen aren’t playing. If Cove keep doing well I’d imagine they will keep going.

You could be right. The game on Saturday and Cove’s previous two games will have been a better watch than the dross Aberdeen have been producing.

2 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

I think a lot of dons fans will be reluctant to watch a team that play in blue called rangers

Are they incredibly dense then? Peterhead I could understand, at least when they had the *** songbook on the jukebox.

10 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I did mention that late on HC.

I think a lot of dons fans will be reluctant to watch a team that play in blue called rangers

I wasn’t talking generally. I was just saying I know one or two who have been going. I don’t know any Aberdeen fan who has mentioned the name or the colours of Cove. I do admit though I don’t know all of them.

14 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I work in an office full of Aberdeen fans and most have been along to a game at Cove. 

18 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

Not so sure.

Boy next to me at Aberdeen’s last home game was at the Cove game v Edinburgh as Aberdeen didn’t play til the Sunday.