Cove v Cowdenbeath

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Sore one

Unlucky to cowden but you make your own luck not great giving a goal away in stoppage time.

Whilst it's only three games into the season and the league is currently very tight averaging losing three away goals a game, two goals every game and  averaging only scoring one a game doesn't seem a team who will be promotion contenders.

Good fighting spirit however to be two nil down up at Cove and getting back into the mix.

Lessons learned hopefully taking into next Saturday to hopefully collect all three points but if we are serious about being promotion contenders we have to collect points on the road regardless of the opposition as that's the reality in league two

Encouraging signs and potential still though with this team hopefully this season as if we can take it to Cove which we seemed to do today who are league title contenders then surely that has to be a positive. 

Hopefully team bounce back with a win next week as always a sore one letting a goal in the end as this could have been a well earned and hard fought point

Our 1st two away games are two of the hardest places to so probably too early to make much of a judgement really have to wait until everyone has played each other to get a proper guage.

Its a game that most neutrals would have had down as an easy home win so encouraging to come back from two down to level although a kick in the baws losing it so late, but no time for any "glorious failure thats for Scotland fans.

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Our 1st two away games are two of the hardest places to so probably too early to make much of a judgement really have to wait until everyone has played each other to get a proper guage.

Its a game that most neutrals would have had down as an easy home win so encouraging to come back from two down to level although a kick in the baws losing it so late, but no time for any "glorious failure thats for Scotland fans.

Cheers Andy some comments here I would add not from Cove fans confirm our suspicions ;-/ #Norway

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would imagine that they will win the league and win most home games but they must have some cracks losing 6 goals in the last 2 games. They seem to have no problem scoring mind you.

Cove are a good team , scored three good goals but certainly aren’t unbeatable. Their defence isn’t as good as their attack. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on after they’ve played a few more away games.

Just now, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cove are a good team , scored three good goals but certainly aren’t unbeatable. Their defence isn’t as good as their attack. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on after they’ve played a few more away games.

Think they will be comfortable at home but as you say it will be interesting to monitor their away results.

Bit of a kick in the baws but result better than expected with the injured players we had out. Cove good going forward but not so good at the back.

Good fight back but a bit naive in not shutting up shop after the equaliser. Good strike by the boy tho.

i thought the Hearts lads did ok, especially Smith and a special mention for Toddy, two crunching tackles on Megginson which saw him limp off, clearly not up for a physical battle, a joy to see 👍

Oh and who writes the match report on Cove twitter, Kim Jong Un ?

53 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Bit of a kick in the baws but result better than expected with the injured players we had out. Cove good going forward but not so good at the back.

Good fight back but a bit naive in not shutting up shop after the equaliser. Good strike by the boy tho.

i thought the Hearts lads did ok, especially Smith and a special mention for Toddy, two crunching tackles on Megginson which saw him limp off, clearly not up for a physical battle, a joy to see 👍

Oh and who writes the match report on Cove twitter, Kim Jong Un ?

obviously the miraculous powers of healing after suffering from "injury" he demonstrated against City have failed him today. Did you Blue Brazilians smuggle some kryptonite into the ground?

Hard one to swallow that today, especially after pulling it back from 2 down. As much as cove dominated large parts of the game, it took 2 wonder strikes to beat us. As I said previously Not many teams will come away from there with anything this season, so we should try and take some positives. Hopefully a result on Saturday and take it from there. League looks like it could be really tight this year, get a better idea of where we are at after first 9 games. 

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No.

Yes actually 😎

Enjoyed the game today, it wasn’t as bad tempered as some would expect. I think Cowdenbeath are quite an improved team since the play off last year, I would expect them to finish mid table, safe anyway!

Not sure how I feel about all these Cove signings, it’s a shame for the guys who got us up to League 2 to almost being replaced. Having said that, Glass seems to just score belters every week, Fyvie also had a good debut and impressed second half. The rumour is Willo Flood will be the next signing, he was in attendance yesterday. 

I think Cove deserved the win yesterday based on dominating possession and chances created, but we do need to sort this defence out, in my eyes there was no need to change the defence from last season. 

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Grow up you silly old person, aren’t you a bit old for this? I did actually enjoy the game though if not the result.

That's good .

What age do you have to be before you have to stop being silly?

3 hours ago, Cove-Rangers-Loon said:

Yes actually 😎

Enjoyed the game today, it wasn’t as bad tempered as some would expect. I think Cowdenbeath are quite an improved team since the play off last year, I would expect them to finish mid table, safe anyway!

Not sure how I feel about all these Cove signings, it’s a shame for the guys who got us up to League 2 to almost being replaced. Having said that, Glass seems to just score belters every week, Fyvie also had a good debut and impressed second half. The rumour is Willo Flood will be the next signing, he was in attendance yesterday. 

I think Cove deserved the win yesterday based on dominating possession and chances created, but we do need to sort this defence out, in my eyes there was no need to change the defence from last season. 

Yes, Cove were the better team and your second goal was a cracker, funny thing was the player stepped on the fall before he hit it and almost fell over. Your defence does look suspect although I thought Harry Milne played well. A pity Renton went off, he would have made a difference.

Megginson rightly booked for a bad tackle, some history there? Otherwise no bad tackles. Most of the players weren’t even playing the last time we met.

This is going to be a much better season than the last two for us anyway.

Keep posting!

Just watched the highlights on YouTube and galling as it is to lose a goal so late it was a top strike. Good fight back by us is the positive to take out of this game. The two home games coming up are important to us now and in some way will shape our season.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Just watched the highlights on YouTube and galling as it is to lose a goal so late it was a top strike. Good fight back by us is the positive to take out of this game. The two home games coming up are important to us now and in some way will shape our season.

After Cowden equalised there was nothing in it. Thomas was excellent, he should be starting every game.

For what it’s worth, the ref had a good game for a change.