General Election Speculation

NotThePars

It’s looking like Labour are not going to get conned into supporting a GE which Johnson can then change the date of.
Successful legislation to prevent a No Deal followed by defeat for Johnson on a GE means his “carefully crafted” prorogation ruse will be totally fucked.
My hope would be he tries to ignore the legislation and is defeated when it inevitably goes to the courts.
As an aside his own majority is not huge, could a concerted effort unseat him?

Rumours he’s going to parachute himself into the Henley seat under the guise of “returning to represent the people who first elected him to parliament”

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Rumours he’s going to parachute himself into the Henley seat under the guise of “returning to represent the people who first elected him to parliament”

Hopefully the parachute misses Henley and dumps him in the shitty Thames.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently the Government could get around the 2/3rds majority or 2 week delay for announcing a GE with a simple majority passing a one line bill.

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1168793262779437056

A) they have no majority.
b)I am pretty sure you cannot pass legislation that gets around other legislation by writing "notwithstanding" on the notes.
c) Even if those two were not major blocks it would be a matter for the court. 
d)I think this is the legal 'brain' of Cummings at work. 

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Where are you seeing this?

It wasn't actually what he said. He said the Brexit Party wouldn't stand candidates if BJ committed to leaving with No-Deal. It's Farage's way of saying that the Brexit party in fact will be standing against the Conservatives. 

It wasn't actually what he said. He said the Brexit Party wouldn't stand candidates if BJ committed to leaving with No-Deal. It's Farage's way of saying that the Brexit party in fact will be standing against the Conservatives. 
I imagine that when they were speaking to each other both men had their fingers crossed behind their backs.

They are a pair of lying snakes who could be trusted as far as you could throw them.

20 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Yeah that news is at least a day old.  

27 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

What would happen if Boris instigated a VONC in himself? If Labour and the Lib-dems won't vote for an election they would have to vote against VONC?

A vote of no confidence would allow a remain coalition to cobble together a unity cabinet and set the agenda by asking to extend A50, set the election date and possibly set a second referendum. 

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Poll done by pro-EU Tories shows interesting projection.

F560F8DE-124C-4A2A-8A5F-FC887413523C.jpeg.447379a2c9caa96207e6f69416c3f61e.jpeg

Apparently lots of pro-EU Tories will vote for another party.

Tories + DUP = 321 (less Speaker presumably)

Others = 321

There are 632 seats accounted for above, which accounts for every single seat in Great Britain, so presumably Bercow is the "Other" that's listed there. Assuming Northern Ireland continues to return 11 Tory-minded MPs (10 DUP and lady Hermon) and 7 Sinn Fein abstentioners, you'd have:

Tories 310 (311 - 1 deputy speaker)

DUP 10

Ind 1

Total = 321

Labour 240 (242 - 2 deputy speakers)

SNP 52

Lib Dems 21

Plaid 4

Greens 1

Total = 318

11 non-voters made up of 7 Sinn Fein and 4 speakers.

May just about allow Johnson to stay in Downing Street but not really solve the impasse.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Poll done by pro-EU Tories shows interesting projection.

F560F8DE-124C-4A2A-8A5F-FC887413523C.jpeg.447379a2c9caa96207e6f69416c3f61e.jpeg

Apparently lots of pro-EU Tories will vote for another party.

Tories + DUP = 321 (less Speaker presumably)

Others = 321

Fairly predictable that a poll commissioned by pro-EU Tories would big up the LD performance.

In a poll commissioned by me on me, I conclude that once a GE is declared and on..., Labour performance will much improve,

and that the LD's will decline back to what is their core support. 

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

A) they have no majority.
b)I am pretty sure you cannot pass legislation that gets around other legislation by writing "notwithstanding" on the notes.
c) Even if those two were not major blocks it would be a matter for the court. 
d)I think this is the legal 'brain' of Cummings at work. 

It's like some weird speeding up process is taking place as access to technology shines more of a light on these cúnts.

Alastair Campbell retained (some) credibility for over a decade

Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill, a year or two, at most.

This Cummings character, a matter of days.

Oh, and you're cock on with a) to c), btw, although rather than the courts I reckon we're nearly at the stage of pitchforks and torches. As someone said, in most countries that we would see as less civilised than ours, their parliament would be in flames by now.

53 minutes ago, Donathan said:

There are 632 seats accounted for above, which accounts for every single seat in Great Britain, so presumably Bercow is the "Other" that's listed there. Assuming Northern Ireland continues to return 11 Tory-minded MPs (10 DUP and lady Hermon) and 7 Sinn Fein abstentioners, you'd have:

Tories 310 (311 - 1 deputy speaker)

DUP 10

Ind 1

Total = 321

Labour 240 (242 - 2 deputy speakers)

SNP 52

Lib Dems 21

Plaid 4

Greens 1

Total = 318

11 non-voters made up of 7 Sinn Fein and 4 speakers.

May just about allow Johnson to stay in Downing Street but not really solve the impasse.

Thought the “other” was an independent MP but you could be right.