Macron Scottish Junior Cup 19-20

archieb

42 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

£3k Prelim Round 1, £3k Prelim Round 2, £4k R1 etc, plus for those journeys you are paid, I think, upto £450 towards bus costs, plus half the gate money after 20% deducted.  I'm sure you'll have come out a wee bit ahead in those three games :whistle

Aye and the gate and telly money from the Ayr game and the subsequent game with Hearts.

Edited by cowdenbeath

15 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

The fact that Blackburn could only manage 40 for a trip to Aberdeen says more about Blackburn than it does about the Juniors though and just proves to me that it's all about the money and not the so called 'good of the game'.

If Blackburn managed 40 then it means Aberdeen East End had next to no support, which says a lot about the Juniors...

The thread was started to show the draw for round one and two of the Scottish Junior Cup.
Now it's all about bashing the Juniors once again.
The fact that Blackburn could only manage 40 for a trip to Aberdeen says more about Blackburn than it does about the Juniors though and just proves to me that it's all about the money and not the so called 'good of the game'.
Give it a rest, pop over to the other thread and answer some of your critics there. You dont have the baws though.

13 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'm a juniors fan, on a juniors forum reading a thread about the Scottish Junior Cup draw.
What's your excuse?

Yet your only participation in the thread is the endless tit for tat with Burnie and having a dig at the performances of Junior clubs that don't meet your lofty standards.

22 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'm a juniors fan, on a juniors forum reading a thread about the Scottish Junior Cup draw.
What's your excuse?

I'm a football fan, on a football forum reading a thread about football and providing some facts around a question posed by another member about football business. Then you appeared.

What's your excuse for being an excrutiatingly tedious, creepy troll who can't help but make an arse of themselves every time they post? honestly mate, give it up. Water off a ducks back and all that, and stop dragging the thread off topic which is your speciality.

Edited by Burnie_man

Get a room you two and get the pyramid chat to one thread!! Ffs.

Scottish Junior Cup 1st and 2nd Round is the topic [emoji849]. Some really interesting ties.

Also I am sure North teams like Buchanhaven Hearts who have drawn Meadow & Forres Thistle who are at home to Pollok will be happy enough with the draw and will earn a decent sum.

9 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Get a room you two and get the pyramid chat to one thread!! Ffs.

Never mentioned the Pyramid at all, and have asked the troll to move over to that thread if he wants to carry this on.  All I did was add some facts to a query concerning match guarantees and costs associated with long distance ties.

Back on track, in those two examples the North clubs may well come out in the positive, but the Linlithgow Rose CFC v Fraserburgh, Sauchie  v Hermes, New Elgin v St.Anthonys, Aberdeen EE v Port Glasgow, Ellon v Bo'ness Utd CFC and a number of others will see both clubs in the tie lose money.

As was pointed out, the SJFA have the money to subsidise, at least in part, buses for these journeys.

Dia bit of research (sources below) into the new clubs for anyone interested.

Linlithgow Rose Community FC, founded in 1992 as Baillielands FC, have ran various clubs at boys, girls, youth and adult level since 2006 under the all-inclusive name. They have no direct connection to Linlithgow Rose though the big club in the town did lend their name to the community club. The club that were admitted to the Juniors in 2019 were members of the Lothian and Edinburgh AFA in 2018-19 (they finished 2nd in the quasi-regional 3rd tier), playing at the xCite linlithgow Leisure Centre, the astro cage they still play at. They previously were in the Stirling & District AFA, finishing 5/9 in the Stirling Premier in 17-18.

Bo'ness United Junior FC are simply a renamed Linlithgow Thistle AFC, a team more established in the Lothian & Edinburgh Amateur FA. They have changed ground (again, at xCite - albeit the grass park) (though not colours as they played in blue anyway) and will play out of Bo'ness's Newtown Park. They were founded in 1985 as a Sunday League side called Linlithgow Vale, becoming  Linlithgow Thistle in 1989. In the late 80s, a Saturday youth side called Linlithgow Rose BC became Bridge Inn BC because of a sponsor involved with Thistle following him there, and when that person stepped up to be coach they became Linlithow Thistle BC - Bo'ness United were indirectly involved back then. They played through the Juveniles up to U24 level and decided to enter the Lothian & Edinburgh Amateur FA, I assume some time in the 1990s. They certainly are found in the earliest tables the L&EAFA have on their website, back to '06.

Both of these clubs are amateur teams trying to keep the names of the two former Junior sides going in the grade.

Syngenta are the adult team of a long-standing youth club from Grangemouth, Syngenta Juveniles. Using the 4G at Little Kerse, they applied to the East of Scotland League for this new season but were turned down due to the distance from the changing rooms to pitch. They managed to sort out a groundshare with EoS side Dunipace (a new 4G facility on the site of the old Westfield Park) to get into the SJFA. They still have sides in the Stirling & District AFA and the various youth leagues.

Sauchie Juniors FC will very much be tied to the East of Scotland side, though *ran independently* by the people who were behind Stirling & District AFA side Dunblane Thistle AFC (who I think have now folded). Archaic SJFA red tape prevents any sharing of players though (not sure their manager is aware of this, going by the quotes in the interview below) and the people involved had I believe approached Dunipace with the idea of being their feeder side and were declined due to the more useful ability the EoS side have of being able to sign a 1st team squad plus 18 or so amateurs and use them where they so choose, be it Friday night U20 games or as cover for 1st team on a Saturday (one of Dundonald's U20 signings scored against Talbot in their first Scottish Cup tie). Sauchie will use the team to bring players on from local youth football, and if they're good enough for Sauchie Juniors FC (1st XI), then they might be signed though cannot be used interchangeably and each time a player transfers from Sauchie Juniors (Seniors) to the Junior side, he would require reinstating I think... (this is why Dunipace said naw). They will look to U23 aged players in the 1st instance.

Edited by cmontheloknow

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice Coupar Angus missing from the Scottish Cup results for the first two rounds. Did they not enter?

Looks like the best set of results the North Region teams in general have achieved for years. Incredible result by Bridge of Don Thistle. A draw away to Kilwinning and winning the replay. I cannot think of a better one since Banks O'Dee and Sunnybank won the cup in the fifties. I am sure there must have been right enough.

I notice Coupar Angus missing from the Scottish Cup results for the first two rounds. Did they not enter?
Looks like the best set of results the North Region teams in general have achieved for years. Incredible result by Bridge of Don Thistle. A draw away to Kilwinning and winning the replay. I cannot think of a better one since Banks O'Dee and Sunnybank won the cup in the fifties. I am sure there must have been right enough.

Coupar Angus scratched their game last season & the rules state if a club withdraws from the the cup it's barred from entering next seasons competition.