Burghead v Lochgelly

Longside v Whitehills

Cumnock v Rossvale

Petershill v Newmains

Thornton Hibs v Rosyth

Hall Russell v Lochee Utd

55 minutes ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Linlithgow v Fraserburgh? Scottish junior cup? 🥴

That tie reminds me it was mentioned in the big thread about how some clubs lose money hosting Junior Cup games featuring teams travelling long distances. So I had a look at the SJFA rules - here's my working, correct me if I'm wrong:

Assume Linlithgow Rose CFC get a crowd of 75*, which would be £375 if all are full price. Minus £50 for the referee (£325). Minus 10% for the SJFA (assume it's taken from the 325, so £292.5). Which is then divided equally between the two teams. However Fraserburgh United are guaranteed £270 for their 171 miles, so that only leaves the home team with £29.50, correct?

* generous considering their derby with Bo'ness JFC got about 60, although the senior team will be away on the 28th.

16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

That tie reminds me it was mentioned in the big thread about how some clubs lose money hosting Junior Cup games featuring teams travelling long distances. So I had a look at the SJFA rules - here's my working, correct me if I'm wrong:

Assume Linlithgow Rose CFC get a crowd of 75*, which would be £375 if all are full price. Minus £50 for the referee (£325). Minus 10% for the SJFA (assume it's taken from the 325, so £292.5). Which is then divided equally between the two teams. However Fraserburgh United are guaranteed £270 for their 171 miles, so that only leaves the home team with £29.50, correct?

* generous considering their derby with Bo'ness JFC got about 60, although the senior team will be away on the 28th.

I don't the SJFA are taking the 10% this season.

16 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I don't the SJFA are taking the 10% this season.

Ok (will need to wait for the updated constitution on their website) - but still means the home team would need 64 spectators paying full price to actually make any money from the game.

18 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).

It was that scenario that played a part in deciding to move senior.

Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).
You really can't help it, can you?
Another thread turns into an opportunity for Wee Burnie to have a go at Junior football and promote his own dream of a Pyramid.

33 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You really can't help it, can you?
Another thread turns into an opportunity for Wee Burnie to have a go at Junior football and promote his own dream of a Pyramid.

Looks pretty factual to me? Too close to the bone for you? 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?

7 minutes ago, TFW said:

Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?

£3k Prelim Round 1, £3k Prelim Round 2, £4k R1 etc, plus for those journeys you are paid, I think, upto £450 towards bus costs, plus half the gate money after 20% deducted.  I'm sure you'll have come out a wee bit ahead in those three games :whistle

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Crazy. So Aberdeen were left to pay £50 for the referee, 10% to the SJFA, and £220 to Blackburn - from a gate income of about £200? What's the incentive for a small club to enter in that case - just the hope they'll draw a big club away from home for a share of the gate?

Do the SJFA not have money that could be used to subsidise these long journeys? 🙄

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

You get up to £600 travel money paid for by the SFA (or home club from the third round). Plus gate money and at least £15,000 total prize money from those three rounds.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

£3k Prelim Round 1, £3k Prelim Round 2, £4k R1 etc, plus for those journeys you are paid, I think, upto £450 towards bus costs, plus half the gate money after 20% deducted.  I'm sure you'll have come out a wee bit ahead in those three games :whistle

A bus? We're talking private jets and 5* hotels. Got to be a professional about these things.

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Crazy. So Aberdeen were left to pay £50 for the referee, 10% to the SJFA, and £220 to Blackburn - from a gate income of about £200? What's the incentive for a small club to enter in that case - just the hope they'll draw a big club away from home for a share of the gate?

Do the SJFA not have money that could be used to subsidise these long journeys? 🙄

I'm fairly sure Islavale didn't enter that season due to this, a few North clubs haven't due to concern over drawing a central belt club with small fan base where they are guaranteed to lose money.

Looks pretty factual to me? Too close to the bone for you? 
The thread was started to show the draw for round one and two of the Scottish Junior Cup.
Now it's all about bashing the Juniors once again.
The fact that Blackburn could only manage 40 for a trip to Aberdeen says more about Blackburn than it does about the Juniors though and just proves to me that it's all about the money and not the so called 'good of the game'.