Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
archieb

Macron Scottish Junior Cup 19-20

Recommended Posts

Rounds 1 & 2 draw coming up any minute now.

Available on periscope and twitter

Edited by archieb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st round draw:

Kilwinning v Dundee Violet

Newburgh v Whitburn

Maybole v Benburb

Neilston v Yoker Ath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 2 draw:

Linlithgow v Fraserburgh

Stonehaven v Glentanar

Rob Roy v Pumpherston

Carluke v Clydebank

Girvan v Tayport

Scone v Lochee Harp

Lochore v Brechin Vics

Arbroath Vics v Islavale

Dufftown v EK Thistle

Troon v Montrose Roselea

Perthshire v Broughty

Johnstone v Armadale

Lugar v Newmachar

Dundee NE v Newburgh/Whitburn

Sauchie v Hermes

Maryhill v Forfar WE

Ardeer v Rutherglen

St Rochs v Renfrew

Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Saltcoats

New Elgin v St Anthonys

Gartcairn v Lanark

Dyce v Sunnybank

Aberdeen EE v Port Glasgow

Maud v Kirriemuir

Blantyre v Muirkirk

Spey Valley v Lesmahagow

Glenafton v West Calder

Cruden Bay v Banchory

Aberdeen Uni v Dalry

Ashfield v Colony Park

Livingston U v Shotts

Craigmark v Kilsyth

Fauldhouse v Carnoustie

Wishaw v Culter

Irvine Vics v Kello

Largs v Luncarty

Vale of Clyde v Darvel

Syngenta v Shettleston

Kennoway v Larkhall

Deveronside v Mayole/Benburb

Kilwinning/Dundee Violet v Bridge of Don

Irvine Meadow v Buchanhaven

Cambuslang v Harthill

Cumbernauld v Hurlford

Annbank v Whitletts

Blairgowrie v Stoneywood

Ardrossan v Royal Albert

Downfield v Greenock

Arthurlie v Beith

Forfar Albion v Bathgate

Bellshill v Auchinleck Talbot

Forres Thistle v Pollok

Dundee E Craigie v Nairn St N

Ellon v Bo’ness

Kilbirnie v Vale of Leven

Thorniewood v Banks o’Dee

Buckie v Stoneyburn

Neilston/Yoker v Forth

Burghead v Lochgelly

Longside v Whitehills

Cumnock v Rossvale

Petershill v Newmains

Thornton Hibs v Rosyth

Hall Russell v Lochee Utd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Linlithgow v Fraserburgh? Scottish junior cup? 🥴

It's Linlithgow Rose Community Club Juniors to give them their full title.  They were an amateur side last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Linlithgow v Fraserburgh? Scottish junior cup? 🥴

That tie reminds me it was mentioned in the big thread about how some clubs lose money hosting Junior Cup games featuring teams travelling long distances. So I had a look at the SJFA rules - here's my working, correct me if I'm wrong:

Assume Linlithgow Rose CFC get a crowd of 75*, which would be £375 if all are full price. Minus £50 for the referee (£325). Minus 10% for the SJFA (assume it's taken from the 325, so £292.5). Which is then divided equally between the two teams. However Fraserburgh United are guaranteed £270 for their 171 miles, so that only leaves the home team with £29.50, correct?

* generous considering their derby with Bo'ness JFC got about 60, although the senior team will be away on the 28th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

That tie reminds me it was mentioned in the big thread about how some clubs lose money hosting Junior Cup games featuring teams travelling long distances. So I had a look at the SJFA rules - here's my working, correct me if I'm wrong:

Assume Linlithgow Rose CFC get a crowd of 75*, which would be £375 if all are full price. Minus £50 for the referee (£325). Minus 10% for the SJFA (assume it's taken from the 325, so £292.5). Which is then divided equally between the two teams. However Fraserburgh United are guaranteed £270 for their 171 miles, so that only leaves the home team with £29.50, correct?

* generous considering their derby with Bo'ness JFC got about 60, although the senior team will be away on the 28th.

I don't the SJFA are taking the 10% this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I don't the SJFA are taking the 10% this season.

Ok (will need to wait for the updated constitution on their website) - but still means the home team would need 64 spectators paying full price to actually make any money from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That tie reminds me it was mentioned in the big thread about how some clubs lose money hosting Junior Cup games featuring teams travelling long distances. So I had a look at the SJFA rules - here's my working, correct me if I'm wrong:

Assume Linlithgow Rose CFC get a crowd of 75*, which would be £375 if all are full price. Minus £50 for the referee (£325). Minus 10% for the SJFA (assume it's taken from the 325, so £292.5). Which is then divided equally between the two teams. However Fraserburgh United are guaranteed £270 for their 171 miles, so that only leaves the home team with £29.50, correct?

* generous considering their derby with Bo'ness JFC got about 60, although the senior team will be away on the 28th.

Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).

It was that scenario that played a part in deciding to move senior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).
It was that scenario that played a part in deciding to move senior.
You really can't help it, can you?
Another thread turns into an opportunity for Wee Burnie to have a go at Junior football and promote his own dream of a Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You really can't help it, can you?
Another thread turns into an opportunity for Wee Burnie to have a go at Junior football and promote his own dream of a Pyramid.

Looks pretty factual to me? Too close to the bone for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Looks pretty factual to me? Too close to the bone for you? 

He gets ever more desperate :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).

It was that scenario that played a part in deciding to move senior.

Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?
Where you get your travel costs subsidised and prize money in each round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TFW said:

Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?

£3k Prelim Round 1, £3k Prelim Round 2, £4k R1 etc, plus for those journeys you are paid, I think, upto £450 towards bus costs, plus half the gate money after 20% deducted.  I'm sure you'll have come out a wee bit ahead in those three games :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Pretty much.  In our last Junior season we drew Aberdeen East End away and the guarantee (there were only about 40 paying fans) didn't come close to covering the bus costs.  Next round, Colony Park came visiting and the crowd didn't exceed the guarantee so we lost more money.  East End, Colony Park and ourselves all lost money!  Linlithgow in the next round helped address it (but that was luck of the draw of course).

It was that scenario that played a part in deciding to move senior.

Crazy. So Aberdeen were left to pay £50 for the referee, 10% to the SJFA, and £220 to Blackburn - from a gate income of about £200? What's the incentive for a small club to enter in that case - just the hope they'll draw a big club away from home for a share of the gate?

Do the SJFA not have money that could be used to subsidise these long journeys? 🙄

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

Until you get a Scottish Cup that takes you up to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh in successive rounds as happened to us last year?

You get up to £600 travel money paid for by the SFA (or home club from the third round). Plus gate money and at least £15,000 total prize money from those three rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

£3k Prelim Round 1, £3k Prelim Round 2, £4k R1 etc, plus for those journeys you are paid, I think, upto £450 towards bus costs, plus half the gate money after 20% deducted.  I'm sure you'll have come out a wee bit ahead in those three games :whistle

A bus? We're talking private jets and 5* hotels. Got to be a professional about these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Crazy. So Aberdeen were left to pay £50 for the referee, 10% to the SJFA, and £220 to Blackburn - from a gate income of about £200? What's the incentive for a small club to enter in that case - just the hope they'll draw a big club away from home for a share of the gate?

Do the SJFA not have money that could be used to subsidise these long journeys? 🙄

 

I'm fairly sure Islavale didn't enter that season due to this, a few North clubs haven't due to concern over drawing a central belt club with small fan base where they are guaranteed to lose money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

A bus? We're talking private jets and 5* hotels. Got to be a professional about these things.

We used a Chinook to get over to Hill of Beath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...