Sectional League Cup Quarter-finals

Kennie

58 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We weren't aware that was an option, we received notifications telling us when the games are to be played. We didn't get an "if that doesn't suit then find your own date that does" option.

It’s not unheard of for teams to do this though so maybe If teams were more proactive in these circumstances they would be helping themselves out and I'm sure any resultant reduction in criticism for the fixture guy would be welcome. 

I'm sure Lanark United's and Rutherglen Glencairn's players would have liked the opportunity to have more than two days' notice to arrange getting away from work early to get to Lanark in time to prepare properly for a 6.45pm kick off. Two weeks' notice would have been fine I'm sure, but we weren't given that proposal as far as I am aware.

Some of our players struggled to make it to Cambuslang on time last night. Goodness knows what sort of team we'll have for Wednesday night.
Obviously a moan for the sake of moaning.
If your players struggled to get to Cambuslang last night for 6.45 and you're now moaning about getting to Lanark for 6.45, how would moving it 2 weeks later for a 6.30 ko help? And don't give us the shite about more notice, you've known about the quarter final date since the AGM. If your team didn't plan for the possibility of being in the quarters, that's your team's own fault.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I'm sure Lanark United's and Rutherglen Glencairn's players would have liked the opportunity to have more than two days' notice to arrange getting away from work early to get to Lanark in time to prepare properly for a 6.45pm kick off. Two weeks' notice would have been fine I'm sure, but we weren't given that proposal as far as I am aware.

Some of our players struggled to make it to Cambuslang on time last night. Goodness knows what sort of team we'll have for Wednesday night.

Lanark had 3 players stuck in traffic on the M8 were named as subs and did not turn up till about 25mins into the game 

Heard Shotts also had player in same traffic jam but because of there squad they told him to turn round and go home 

23 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
Talbot represent themselves, nobody else.

Oh look, Wee Burnie's not happy that his EOSL team aren't getting the big advantage they thought they were getting.

I thought you had melted down after your last wee outburst when you got completely owned (again) :lol:

29 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Lanark had 3 players stuck in traffic on the M8 were named as subs and did not turn up till about 25mins into the game 

Heard Shotts also had player in same traffic jam but because of there squad they told him to turn round and go home 

Yep, my point exactly. Both teams will struggle to get full squads there on time, making the tournament a bit of a farce as this is a cup quarter final.

20 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Oh my, what a poor attempt at deflection.
Losing your touch Wee Burnie?

Deflection? don't have another meltdown Beenzy and stop taking the thread of course, you're embarrassing yourself again :lol:

Yep, my point exactly. Both teams will struggle to get full squads there on time, making the tournament a bit of a farce as this is a cup quarter final.
What point exactly?
How does moving Talbot's game affect Lanark and Glencairn?
You're moaning about them getting treated differently, yet Whitletts, who are the team getting inconvenienced have looked at the bigger picture and are willing to help another team out. Surely your moan about tournament dates and times should have been addressed at the AGM? If you'd no complaints at that point, then perhaps it's time to shut it and be grateful that your team has actually made it to the quarters. There might just be a few teams out there that would like to be in your position.

Deflection? don't have another meltdown Beenzy and stop taking the thread of course, you're embarrassing yourself again [emoji38]
C'mon out o my back pocket son, and try again.
You had a go at Talbot because your Bluebells advantage has been nullified and you don't like it because it goes against your argument that the Junior fraternity doesn't look after its own.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

C'mon out o my back pocket son, and try again.
You had a go at Talbot because your Bluebells advantage has been nullified and you don't like it because it goes against your argument that the Junior fraternity doesn't look after its own.

What? FFS you were owned on that topic a few weeks ago yet you still beat on about it. I can bump it back up again if you want to continue down that road, not on here.

What date do you kick-off in the Pyramid BTW, after the League Cup? you promised it :lol:

What? FFS you were owned on that topic a few weeks ago yet you still beat on about it. I can bump it back up again if you want to continue down that road, not on here.
What date do you kick-off in the Pyramid BTW, after the League Cup? you promised it [emoji38]
Oh dear, I knew it wouldn't be long till you turned this into another Pyramid thread.
What's wrong wee man, somebody stole yer scone?
Your Pyramid thread had disappeared off the page, and you're desperate for any excuse to resurrect it. So well done you.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Oh dear, I knew it wouldn't be long till you turned this into another Pyramid thread.
What's wrong wee man, somebody stole yer scone?
Your Pyramid thread had disappeared off the page, and you're desperate for any excuse to resurrect it. So well done you.

Bumped it for you, feel free to respond to the replies to your absurd claims.  Keep it in that thread.  Remember, you started it with your gobby reply earlier smarty pants  :lol:

55 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What point exactly?
How does moving Talbot's game affect Lanark and Glencairn?
You're moaning about them getting treated differently, yet Whitletts, who are the team getting inconvenienced have looked at the bigger picture and are willing to help another team out. Surely your moan about tournament dates and times should have been addressed at the AGM? If you'd no complaints at that point, then perhaps it's time to shut it and be grateful that your team has actually made it to the quarters. There might just be a few teams out there that would like to be in your position.

Nothing would have changed if we had raised it at the AGM, as this format is in place for two years from last summer.

I never even once suggested that moving Talbot's game affects Lanark and Glencairn.

Anyway, we move on.

Aren't the semi-finals on Wednesday 28th? If so that would be just two days after Talbot's quarter final, with their match against Camelon on the Saturday (assuming they got through to both games).

Edited by Ginaro

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Not bothered about the Juniors doing well in the cup then DL? Having quality doesn’t help fatigue.

Talbot represent themselves, nobody else.

Hit the nail right on the head. They are representing Auchinleck Talbot. Only Auchinleck Talbot's bank balance will increase as a result of their appearance. They are pulling further and further ahead of all the other junior clubs in players and facilities because of their involvement in the Senior Scottish. Their involvement in that should not hinder fixtures in the Juniors.