Sectional League Cup Quarter-finals

Kennie

if my club were involved i'd have wanted the fixture moved so not going to be two faced.

Happy that Talbot got to move it, it might only benefit them but like it or not - the further involvement of junior teams in the senior Scottish boosts the grade's reputation and we should encourage it. Senior Scottish teams getting knocked out of Europe early brings the reputation down of the Scottish league - some might like it but doesn't actually help them, same as an early knock out of Talbot won't help anyone in the juniors.

if my club were involved i'd have wanted the fixture moved so not going to be two faced.
Happy that Talbot got to move it, it might only benefit them but like it or not - the further involvement of junior teams in the senior Scottish boosts the grade's reputation and we should encourage it. Senior Scottish teams getting knocked out of Europe early brings the reputation down of the Scottish league - some might like it but doesn't actually help them, same as an early knock out of Talbot won't help anyone in the juniors.
It has also benefited us and Rossvale, as we now have a fixture on the 24th when we were both originally idle due to the Marymass friendly match. In Rossvale's case they would have had two in a row as they were due to play Talbot this week which is now off because of their replay with Dundonald.

It’s about time some common sense came into the fixtures, so well done Kennie. Some of the fixture backlog at the end of some seasons was downright ridiculous so it’s only fair that some common sense is applied to help a team who have brought nothing but good publicity to junior football. This should also apply to any team faced with a similar situation.

Dont know about common sense with the fixtures right now. Ok we dont want a back log and be playing 3x a week .... but yes we are playing 3 x a week just at the start of the season instead of the end !. Kilsyth will have played 12 games in 35 days come end of August.

I think it's better to get the midweek games done in July & August when possible as usually teams will have full squads available with most players fit and ready to go for new season. The players would rather be playing Monday & Wednesday at start of season than doing training / more running. Not this year but weather tends to be better or at least milder in August than April midweek games. Also supporters more likely to come out to see how their local team is shaping up at start of season than at end of the season when nothing much to play for unless your team is in a title or relegation battle.

It's good that likes of Petershill has got games in too when otherwise would be idle. Plus I have noticed how changed the fixtures quickly for teams involved in Junior Cup 1st Round so teams are not left unnecessarily idle if possible. While previously Scott Robertson would have just said tough luck if you had a free Saturday in September and another team was free in your league. Lot of common sense used.