Sectional League Cup Quarter-finals

Kennie

Hit the nail right on the head. They are representing Auchinleck Talbot. Only Auchinleck Talbot's bank balance will increase as a result of their appearance. They are pulling further and further ahead of all the other junior clubs in players and facilities because of their involvement in the Senior Scottish. Their involvement in that should not hinder fixtures in the Juniors.
If this was any other team other than Talbot there wouldn't have been a whimper from folk

6 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Talbot represent themselves, nobody else.

Oh look, Wee Burnie's not happy that his EOSL team aren't getting the big advantage they thought they were getting.

Wee Burnies team automatically get into the real Scottish every season, Auchinleck don't. That's a pretty BIG advantage that they have over Junior teams.

I guess you have severe difficulty in understanding that.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

Hit the nail right on the head. They are representing Auchinleck Talbot. Only Auchinleck Talbot's bank balance will increase as a result of their appearance. They are pulling further and further ahead of all the other junior clubs in players and facilities because of their involvement in the Senior Scottish. Their involvement in that should not hinder fixtures in the Juniors.

If only there was some way for clubs in the West to negate this advantage...……...

Not bothered about the Juniors doing well in the cup then DL? Having quality doesn’t help fatigue.

While I wish them all the best, Talbot doing well in the Senior cup helps nobody but Talbot though. It makes absolutely no difference to any other team except to increase the disparity in revenue.

3 minutes ago, energyzone said:

While I wish them all the best, Talbot doing well in the Senior cup helps nobody but Talbot though. It makes absolutely no difference to any other team except to increase the disparity in revenue.

Mon the Juniors! Geezo

Don't really understand the level of upsettedness (yes, I did make it up) on this. The only junior team disadvantaged out of this change is Cumbernauld (who are Whitletts opponents on Saturday). We keep hearing from the triangle worshippers (it's not a fucking pyramid) that the juniors are a shambles, but when we actually do support one of our own in the big cup, it's a travesty. Make up you mind guys, you can't have your cake, and shite on it!

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yep, my point exactly. Both teams will struggle to get full squads there on time, making the tournament a bit of a farce as this is a cup quarter final.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yep, my point exactly. Both teams will struggle to get full squads there on time, making the tournament a bit of a farce as this is a cup quarter final.

The reorganisation of the Talbot tie, whilst sensible IMHO, is a red herring.  The "successful" teams who have qualified are being disadvantaged by having to play 4 games in a week. This sequence of fixtures is bound to have a knock on effect into the league matches through a combination of fatigue, injuries and suspensions.  I don't understand how the clubs have allowed this to happen.  Personally, I'd have preferred to have been knocked out in the group stages.

Whitletts have tweeted that the game is on Saturday 24th.

Yep, it was arranged yesterday afaik. Whitletts were supposed to play Dalry in the league, Dalry will now come to play us instead. We originally had a blank Saturday due to the Marymass fixture on the Friday.