Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

Just be grateful for when the Falkirk juggernaut rolls into town, you guys will be able to treat yourselves to some new heifers and sheep.

You're welcome 

You’ve no idea how industrialised Montrose is now! Some people have electric lighting (devils work), there are rumours of paved roads happening shortly too.
It’s a miracle!

1 minute ago, mo83 said:
18 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:
Yeah mate. That's why we call them highlights.

Timewasting happened for 90 mins we have been told?

That is not possible.

For what it is worth. I have no problem with anyone time wasting. I would bet there isn't  football fan in the world who hasn't screamed at his team to waste time at one time or another.

Teams are not going to a tough away game to entertain the home fans.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

I've watched the highlights and don't see any evidence of Timewasting at all from Montrose.

I'm assuming you weren't at the match then?

The time wasting was pretty bad although the worst I've ever seen (against us) was Livingston a few seasons ago, that was horrendous and completely unacceptable. The ironic thing about it though was the fact that Sammon went to close the keeper down to stop him from time wasting resulting in the silly cent hitting Sammon on the back with the ball. If Montrose hadn't used those tactics to begin with it's unlikely that Sammon would have gone anywhere near the keeper. 

Karma's a bitch I suppose. 

2 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Teams are not going to a tough away game to entertain the home fans.

Someone should have told your keeper that. :P

Edited by Rizzo
Added wee smilies face, I'm not a complete c**t.

59 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wait, was the comment about the time wasting not featuring in the highlights not meant to be witty?  I thought it was rather good myself.

By the way, the Falkirk TV guys are fine - among the better examples of the genre.

I don't think it was meant to be witty TBH.

Wee Lewis, who is the main commentator, is OK (same guy who does most of the post-match interviews) but the other guy tends to get a wee bit 'excitable' at most games! 

I'm assuming you weren't at the match then?
The time wasting was pretty bad although the worst I've ever seen (against us) was Livingston a few seasons ago, that was horrendous and completely unacceptable. The ironic thing about it though was the fact that Sammon went to close the keeper down to stop him from time wasting resulting in the silly cent hitting Sammon on the back with the ball. If Montrose hadn't used those tactics to begin with it's unlikely that Sammon would have gone anywhere near the keeper. 
Karma's a bitch I suppose. 

This is the worst comment of the the day by a country mile.Have you watched the clip? If not could you do so again.Mcmanus(a think)plays a through ball down the line far too hard so Dillon leaves it.Why take a touch put yourself under pressure,nope just do the simple thing let it run back to the keeper.Fleming has the ball for 4 seconds before lashing it off his baldy heid!How on earth is that timewasting?)

5 minutes ago, mo83 said:

This is the worst comment of the the day by a country mile.Have you watched the clip? If not could you do so again.Mcmanus(a think)plays a through ball down the line far too hard so Dillon leaves it.Why take a touch put yourself under pressure,nope just do the simple thing let it run back to the keeper.Fleming has the ball for 4 seconds before lashing it off his baldy heid!How on earth is that timewasting?)

I didn't say it was time wasting. Maybe you should read my post again.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:
9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
I didn't say it was time wasting. Maybe you should read my post again.

Made an arse of yourself Shags!

Don't think so pal. 

Your 'keeper had been time wasting from his first bye kick (not complaining by the way, if it had helped you get a point it would have been justified and it's part of the game). If Sammon hadn't closed him down he wouldn't have had the ball for 4 seconds, it would have been more like 24! Therefore he was closed down to prevent him from time wasting and it backfired big time. Get it now?

Don't think so pal. 
Your 'keeper had been time wasting from his first bye kick (not complaining by the way, if it had helped you get a point it would have been justified and it's part of the game). If Sammon hadn't closed him down he wouldn't have had the ball for 4 seconds, it would have been more like 24! Therefore he was closed down to prevent him from time wasting and it backfired big time. Get it now?

Come on now shags, 24 seconds.You been on the sauce?