Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

6 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You dont mind it it because you're a fuckin moron. Its fuckin awful. If my team, (Forfar), had an equally shite commentary team, Id call them all manner of obnoxious cuntyness. You, on the other hand, are happy with average cuntyness. Hence, Falkirk.

I've yet to watch any clubs highlights and find a decent commentator yet which is why I always watch them with the volume at zero. Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

25 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You dont mind it it because you're a fuckin moron. Its fuckin awful. If my team, (Forfar), had an equally shite commentary team, Id call them all manner of obnoxious cuntyness. You, on the other hand, are happy with average cuntyness. Hence, Falkirk.

Be warned you Fifers out there, this is how you turn out when your mother and father are sister and brother.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

34 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

😂😂 who the hell rattled your cage you northern inbred b*****d?

I don’t think Montrose fans are coming across as goons.
Montrose set up to play with a game plan (which almost worked). If Falkirk fans are expecting free flowing football in this league, they’ll be sorely disappointed. Most teams will try to shut them down & try to grind out a result. Pretty much like Falkirk should have done last season to prevent relegation.

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Montrose set up to play with a game plan (which almost worked). If Falkirk fans are expecting free flowing football in this league, they’ll be sorely disappointed. Most teams will try to shut them down & try to grind out a result. Pretty much like Falkirk should have done last season to prevent relegation.

we did, that's part of the reason why we got relegated....if we had been a bit more attacking/free flowing in the last 6 games i don't think we would have.

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

No issue with that mate, the time wasting from minute one seemed rather excessive though.  Fair enough last 5 minutes when you're trying to see a game out but straight from kickoff was a poor show.

If that's their style and their fans enjoy it then so be it. We'll just need to get used to it.

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

we did, that's part of the reason why we got relegated....if we had been a bit more attacking/free flowing in the last 6 games i don't think we would have.

Correct we drew far too many games( 11 under Mckinnon) we should've been having a go in. Laying Hartleys fuckups a side ,playing shitfest boring football cost us a place in the championship.

Just going to take a wee while to get used to teams at the top of the league time wasting from the first minute. Normally in the championship its just the teams fighting off relegation that carry out those sorts of tactics. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No issue with that mate, the time wasting from minute one seemed rather excessive though.  Fair enough last 5 minutes when you're trying to see a game out but straight from kickoff was a poor show.
If that's their style and their fans enjoy it then so be it. We'll just need to get used to it.

For a team like Montrose, who have enjoyed a great period in the last 2.5 seasons, I’m pretty sure the fans couldn’t give a toss about style of play (which adapts according to the opposition), given the horrendous 20 years that proceeded the last couple of years, out of interest, how many Montrose players were booked for time wasting?
Falkirk should and probably will stroll this league, getting upset about a seaside team trying their best to get a result (draw) against the best team in the league, seems pretty petty to me.

Correct we drew far too many games( 11 under Mckinnon) we should've been having a go in. Laying Hartleys fuckups a side ,playing shitfest boring football cost us a place in the championship.
Just going to take a wee while to get used to teams at the top of the league time wasting from the first minute. Normally in the championship its just the teams fighting off relegation that carry out those sorts of tactics. 

So what you are saying is, Falkirk employed the same tactics last season as Montrose did on Saturday?

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

So what you are saying is, Falkirk employed the same tactics last season as Montrose did on Saturday?

No, McKinnon had us playing cautiously and negatively, at no time did we resort to time-wasting tactics.

7 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Yeah we did play far too defensively .  We didnt time waste like Sat though. I think we should've been far more attacking but at the end of the day we were trying to avoid relegation. Its just taking a bit of time to get used to even the decent sides in this league playing defensive and wasting time. As I said we're more used to the teams near the bottom of the championship like us last season using those kind of tactics.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

We are going round in circles here, Falkirk won the game.
The Montrose manager sought to stifle Falkirk by a strategy that wasn’t pleasing to the eye, just like Falkirk did last season to try to avoid relegation. Montrose last season were punching way above their weight by getting a play off spot, considering 2-1/2 years previously they were rock bottom of league 2. The fact they have made such a dramatic change around is entirely due to the manager making the correct tactical decisions & a few shrewd signings.

28 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

We are going round in circles here, Falkirk won the game.
The Montrose manager sought to stifle Falkirk by a strategy that wasn’t pleasing to the eye, just like Falkirk did last season to try to avoid relegation. Montrose last season were punching way above their weight by getting a play off spot, considering 2-1/2 years previously they were rock bottom of league 2. The fact they have made such a dramatic change around is entirely due to the manager making the correct tactical decisions & a few shrewd signings.

And last season we like you on Saturday got feckin heehaw  with that strategy.

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Very true, but at least the Falkirk crowdwanking has more credence in the seaside leagues, so all good.

Just be grateful for when the Falkirk juggernaut rolls into town, you guys will be able to treat yourselves to some new heifers and sheep.

You're welcome